What's your gripe? (1 Viewer)

AJB1983

Girls, mainly 'posh' girls (or wannabe's) who like, use the word 'like' about five times every sentence they speak. It's like, so irritating....
"Yeah and I was just like, what is he doing, and he was like, I'm doing what I want, and I was like, whatever"
That sort of shit. Hear it on the train everyday

Nick

Administrator
People on benefits programs who tell their kids they are hard off all of the time.

I understand people struggle, not really fair on the kids to be told over and over again and worry them

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
People who use "so totally", as in "I so totally do not like that!" WTF is that all about? Just say, "It's shit mate!" like everyone else says! This includes all the stupid ways that the word "totally" is used, usually by stupid, gormless studenty types or girlys etc! Grow the f**k up!!!!

Houchens Head

People who say "I turned around and said......."
Why would they turn around? Are they always standing with their backs to people when in a conversation?

Sick Boy

People who use "so totally", as in "I so totally do not like that!" WTF is that all about? Just say, "It's shit mate!" like everyone else says! This includes all the stupid ways that the word "totally" is used, usually by stupid, gormless studenty types or girlys etc! Grow the f**k up!!!!

Vacuous wannabe American bellends

Sick Boy

Cyclists piss me off going through red lights and then they look at you like you have been beating their gran up when you nearly smash into them because they have their head phones on and they have jumped the right light. Happens a lot at the cross roads by Pro Logis / Ricoh with people coming / going to work on the industrial estate, just fly through without a care in the world.

The worst ones are the ones who think zebra crossings don't apply to them

Covstu

Typical Facebook day
Just had breakfast......... So what
Just smashed the gym.... Don't care
Just ran 13.8km using an app...... Not bothered
Just walked the dog..... Give a shit
Just had a cheeky nandos....... Bore off
Just changed my profile pic..... Again?
I'm really angry!,...... What's wrong babe?..... Can't say on here babe!!!

Its this fucker that does my head in, why put a statement like that on social media and not say what it is about. It normally follows a dig against some bloke about not paying CSA or an arguement also!

Also also hate people putting pictures of their sick kids on facebook, WHY!!!! Its a shame your kid is sick but do we need to see it!! Fine if it is contagious but other than that stop attention seeking!!!

Houchens Head

Also also hate people putting pictures of their sick kids on facebook, WHY!!!! Its a shame your kid is sick but do we need to see it!! Fine if it is contagious but other than that stop attention seeking!!!

skybluejelly

Have to admit I'm on Facebook, but as I have so many kids and grandkids that live all over the place, e.g. Coventry, Bedworth, Nottingham, Derby, Suffolk, Swansea & Cork, and I have three close friends who live in Germany and Spain, and me on the Isle of Wight, I find it a great way of keeping in touch. There are some pathetic posts on FB, I know, and I simply ignore them or make fun of them!
View attachment 4555

Saw my best post on Facebook yesterday for ages... Friend of my wife posted on her status ... Yay ice skating in Solihull haven't been since I was 16 ... 20 minutes later ..she posted.. in accident and emergency ..broken arm in 4 places ... .i am still laughing now

dutchman

Cooking instructions on packages and tins printed in a typeface so small they can't be read even with the aid of reading glasses, you need a magnifying glass and strong light source to be able to read them.

mrtrench

I hate bureaucracy with a passion. There's an entire industry within most companies and governments who delivery absolutely nothing exception the movement of forms. It must be the most soul-destroying job in the world.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I hate bureaucracy with a passion. There's an entire industry within most companies and governments who delivery absolutely nothing exception the movement of forms. It must be the most soul-destroying job in the world.

Amen to that brother.

I run a small business & every time we secure a new blue-chip client, I'm happy due to the profile & kudos its brings, but also gutted due to the ludicrous amounts of form filing, box ticking & statement making required just to get set-up on their systems as a supplier....oh, and then the 60 day + end of month credit terms you have to accept....but that's another gripe.

eastwoodsdustman

I'm going to run management speak up the flagpole and see whether we have any blue sky thinkers in the house.
It really pisses me off. Anyhow now I've touched base I'll leave you to run with it.
:jerkit:

mrtrench

I'm going to run management speak up the flagpole and see whether we have any blue sky thinkers in the house.
It really pisses me off. Anyhow now I've touched base I'll leave you to run with it.
:jerkit:

Thanks for shouting that out.

Houchens Head

I reckon the bloke who fits indicators onto Mercs and BMW's has the most soul destroying job! All that work and they never get used!

bringbackrattles

I came off Facebook ages ago as it bored me to death but do like twitter to be honest.A friend of mine was always on Facebook telling everyone about what she was doing but going into so much detail that I told her to keep stuff to herself,but she carried on regardless.She said she was off to Spain for a holiday etc and gave dates when she was off and when she'd return. She got burgled the day after she left !

NorthernWisdom

I once went for an interview in an HR department when desperate.

Really, should have just got up and walked out after 10 minutes as it was blindingly obvious I couldn't enthuse about filing to the degree they wanted, and had they been crazy enough to hire me, I'd have slit my wrists within a week.

Still, it taught me I wasn't *that* desperate!

fernandopartridge

Girls, mainly 'posh' girls (or wannabe's) who like, use the word 'like' about five times every sentence they speak. It's like, so irritating....
"Yeah and I was just like, what is he doing, and he was like, I'm doing what I want, and I was like, whatever"
That sort of shit. Hear it on the train everyday

Indeed. It either was or wasn't. Not like.

I hate high rising intonation as well which is also a habit of people who overuse 'like'.

mrtrench

I don't like people using phrases they think make them sound posh, when in fact in may cases it's just wrong. In second place is "at this present time" or instead of "now". But the winner by a mile is using the reflexive personal pronouns "myself" and "yourself" incorrectly. It doesn't sound posh to me, it sounds 1) pretentious 2) uneducated.

EDIT: I don't mind people who just don't understand English: incorrect use of apostrophe; "more better" etc. It's the stupid usage of words to try and sound important that bugs me.

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

Cooking instructions on packages and tins printed in a typeface so small they can't be read even with the aid of reading glasses, you need a magnifying glass and strong light source to be able to read them.
Cooking instructions, isn't that what women are for ?

mrtrench

Arguments with only 2 extreme points and no middle ground. Seldom is life black and white

Agree. I don't understand atheism. If you are free-thinking enough to realise that religions are fabricated you'd imagine you'd also realise we know very little about the universe and almost anything could exist, even God. And yet so many people jump to the conclusion that if Chistianuty, Islam etc are bunk that means there is no God.

Terry Gibson's perm

My boss uses awful sayings like let's touch base, I would give you more but I tend to switch off now when he starts talking as he uses tons of these fancy sayings that you get from books or courses that are written or hosted by total twats.

Johnnythespider

Along with management speak is the amount of levels of management, the manager tells the supervisor who tells the team leader who then tells the workforce. At least 2 too many in that chain for me.

J

Jack Griffin

Agree. I don't understand atheism. If you are free-thinking enough to realise that religions are fabricated you'd imagine you'd also realise we know very little about the universe and almost anything could exist, even God. And yet so many people jump to the conclusion that if Chistianuty, Islam etc are bunk that means there is no God.

That is quite the stupidest argument I've ever heard to justify religion, by damning it with faint praise.

Houchens Head

Atheism is a great religion! No rules, no beliefs, no god, no church - it's bloody fantastic! I am a proud atheist!

ccfc92

My boss uses awful sayings like let's touch base, I would give you more but I tend to switch off now when he starts talking as he uses tons of these fancy sayings that you get from books or courses that are written or hosted by total twats.

Let me run this past you... :facepalm:

ccfc92

You may enjoy this on Atheism...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-d4otHE-YI

Simply brilliant rant :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread