When did Wasps first approach CCC? (1 Viewer)

colin101

Don't know about kids for a quid, still believe poor performance by Sky Blues, but a win is a win.

Grendel

Oh look Colin's got a lovely little Avatar.

colin101

Oh Look Grendel can joke, who's a clever boy, you will be able to stop using nappies next cos you are the special one

NorthernWisdom

Yep, but even with sky blue tinted glasses I wouldn't put it down as a classic, would you?

At the risk of intruding on someone's argument ;) I'd love it if you started a thread on the main board about the CCFC Bayern game in particular. Yep, it's before my time ;) but I'm always interested how it affected the atmosphere given it was meaningless by the time we got to it. Also, how did it make you feel before the game? Different to normal? Did it take the sting out or were you still up for it? How about the rest of the crowd? Any memories that made it all a bit different?

Also, how about the first Euro game against Trakia Plovdiv? Would genuinely like to hear about all this so... forget the arguing on here, and satisfy a young whippersnapper with a thread for us to listen and learn? :)

Last edited:

Grendel

At the risk of intruding on someone's argument ;) I'd love it if you started a thread on the main board about the CCFC Bayern game in particular. Yep, it's before my time ;) but I'm always interested how it affected the atmosphere given it was meaningless by the time we got to it. Also, how did it make you feel before the game? Different to normal? Did it take the sting out or were you still up for it? How about the rest of the crowd? Any memories that made it all a bit differenmt?

Also, how about the first Euro game against Trakia Plovdiv? Would genuinely like to hear about all this so... forget the arguing on here, and satisfy a young whiuppersnapper with a thread for us to listen and learn? :)

Give him a chance. That's a lot of google research needed there.

mark82

Funny but not only the Council, I seem to remember over 5,000 Coventry City Football Club supporters called for the removal of our owners before, during and after the CCFC Legends match on 11th August 2013.

I'd challenge you to find anyone on here who didn't want change at the time (and would still welcome it). Doesn't mean the council can go forcing a takeover of the club, just isn't their place and contributed to the trouble that came after.

Back on topic... It's interesting that there seems to be a link between directors at Compass, ACL and Wasps.

And please please please stop calling people Sisu lovers just because someone doesn't agree with you. It makes you sound like a 5 year old girl, frankly it's a bit pathetic.

mark82

Thing is... I genuinely want to know:drool:

I would too. Was years before I was born. Love anything to do with ccfc history and have the programmes from the European games. Shame he's too busy calling people names to do something that many people would find genuinely interesting.

oldfiver

But like you I was at both matches thought we were poor against Arlesley and never enjoy penalty shoot outs but will make exception when we win, but hey never mind you can sit on your uncles knee and talk about Villa. Funny but I went to Villa in late 70's when the score was 1-1 and Wallace scored for City, think it was the Boxing Day match and was also there when Moldovan scored the only goal in FA Cup, both great days

I went to Trowbridge in 1963 for a cup match - not sure I remember many on here being there :eek:ldman:

Fergusons_Beard

'Colin' was also a long remembered troll on GMK.

Can't quite believe this thread got so easily turned by 'Colin' and so many posters bit!

Move along nothing to see here.....

In went in off Ferguson's beard....

Users who are viewing this thread