Where should away fans be situated (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Spoke to 2 Leics fans yesterday and they said it’s by far the worst stadium to get away from for away fans. They felt scared when Cov idiots tried to get at them over the fence. They go every single away game and said ours is a completely different experience. I want the place to be intimidating but not quite in that way.

Skyblue Bangkok

Spoke to 2 Leics fans yesterday and they said it’s by far the worst stadium to get away from for away fans. They felt scared when Cov idiots tried to get at them over the fence. They go every single away game and said ours is a completely different experience. I want the place to be intimidating but not quite in that way.
First time I went to an away game to the old Filbert St I wondered why there was netting between the away end and theirs. Then the sharpened coins started being thrown at us. I just don't get why people want to look to fight fans at games.

Skybluedownunder

100% in a corner. Not behind a goal where they can wind a goalie up or put somebody off taking a penalty… that should be for us only to do haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyblue Bangkok

Don't think the demographics will allow for the corners, stick em behind one goal with the option to give them 4.5k. 3k or 2k, with increasing home demand we can half of it
If our ground had been designed a bit differently, we could have stuck the away fans high like they do at Newcastle .

Monty

I wonder if the East stand would work going towards but not taking over singers corner. A fenced off walkway could be put in place making fans come under the railway line, and home fans use the other tunnel. It could be a coach drop off point and then the wasteland made to an away fan carpark. The direction from the garden of rememberence would be completely shut off for fans. That then means the fans don't meet and they don't have a spot behind the goals.

Gynnsthetonic

You can't stop fans mingling, every ground does, it's just so impractical to do it, the fence coming out of the railway tunnel needs moving further in as it's a bottle neck after the game

robbiethemole

Do like they do at Lesta, in the corner limited numbers, in our case under the police box and only up to block 9 Make a new wall in the concourse and block them in to that area, why make it a comfortable experience for away fans? Where else make us feel at home when we go away?

Joy Division

Serious question and probably one that Pete can put to the club at the next meeting , where is the best place to have away fans whilst giving more room for home fans ?

Like this, as has already proven to have been done

maxresdefault.jpg

shmmeee

1600. I reckon if you put fans in those empty seats and had a small strip of segregation and stewards, it would be 2000. That's what most clubs give at this level.

3k is the minimum if you’re over 30k capacity I believe. Or 10% if not.

pusbccfc

3k is the minimum if you’re over 30k capacity I believe. Or 10% if not.

In the Premier League, yes. In the Championship, clubs offer well below that. I'm not sure the exact minimum.

Birmingham, West Brom, Norwich, Ipswich, Sunderland, Swansea, Boro and Watford all give about 2000.

fernandopartridge

View attachment 33385
There is loads of space to install TV gantry locations up on the weird blank wall on the west stand. Would instantly free up a few hundred seats. Would look way better on highlights. Looks a bit depressing when the corporate lot stay inside eating sandwiches. Same issue Wembley has on TV
Pretty sure it's just void space behind there though, can it even support a gantry?

TomRad85

I'm gonna say it, never thought I'd say it, but here it is... if we get to the Prem, our ground isn't big enough. Support for this club is absolutely swelling.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Cov_92

In the Premier League, yes. In the Championship, clubs offer well below that. I'm not sure the exact minimum.

Birmingham, West Brom, Norwich, Ipswich, Sunderland, Swansea, Boro and Watford all give about 2000.
EFL rules apply for away ticket numbers

wingy

Pretty sure it's just void space behind there though, can it even support a gantry?
Is there a need for with the roof structure,actually looks like there is walkway under the roof at the Rh end plus there may be a structure behind, although you can't tell without exposing it but there'll be a column of some sorts there where the panel's are fixed I think may or may not be structural but with the right fixings,need a strural engineer,rich used to calculate roof trusses I think?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Put them in the north stand so they get the sun straight in their faces when the sun's out.

David O'Day

Maybe it's 10% of general sale excl. hospitality?
leeds give you leeds than 10% even if you take into account hospitality, elland road holds like 37,000

Boro give people 2000 tickets and the riverside is over 30k capacity

I am just wondering how they do it if there are efl rules

shmmeee

Also apparently the SAG can override the minimum in the FA Cup. So we could just provide 3k max and say we can’t have more safely.

Cov_92

how do other clubs get away with it? Leeds for example are not giving people 10% of elland road
There are caveats to these figures, if a club makes representation to EFL etc, to reduce allocation for a particular fixture, possibly based on risk intelligence or for a specific period of time.

Cov_92

There are caveats to these figures, if a club makes representation to EFL etc, to reduce allocation for a particular fixture, possibly based on risk intelligence or for a specific period of time.
EFL regulations 35.3.1 for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread