• 7th -12

Votes: 46 28.0%
  • Bottom Half

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Relegation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

slowpoke

I'm going to stick to my preseason prediction and say that we will finish 7th. Though I would not be surprised if make the playoffs.

I know what you mean, the longer we go into the playoffs means likely we'll have a little less prep time next year. I think having the squad together will more than level that up.

With Torp coming in Jan, it gives him 6 months to settle. Then in the summer, at the top of the list will be an AM (O'Hare replacement). We'll need 2/3 additional bodies in but the nucleus of the squad will be there.
The nucleus of the squad is here now

AOM

Think we'll just miss out (around 7th-10th) but I'd still consider that a successful season with all the changes made over the summer. Would be really looking to push on next season though

TomRad85

I'm not seeing 6 better teams tbh. I think Leicester and Southampton will get top 2, only team I wouldn't want in play offs is Leeds but would rather a one off final against them than 2 legs I think.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Because it’s all come together so rapidly, I don’t think people fully appreciate how good we’ve become.

Mid November I thought we’d be mid table now and improving as the 2nd half of the season progressed, leaving ourselves just too much to do this year, but giving the autos a real shot next season. Now I think we’ll be comfortably 5th, if we can get a winger or forward with genuine pace in for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

SkyBlueMatt

In my head I'm thinking 7th , but last night I was still on a massive high 🤣

Just changed it to 7th -12th

How could you not be after that game? :ROFLMAO: If I would have posted yesterday, may answer would have been different. I try to stay level headed and just enjoy it.

I was thinking before, a win will likely put us in 6th. If we beat Leicester, who have we got to fear? The ball is in our court and under Robins we are usually relentless in the 2nd half of the season. I know there is a long way to go and a lot of points but the teams below us need more than us.

Plus, we could also have a psychological edge. Strong teams will be wary of us, they may have some doubt about playing the way they would normally. Plus there are no breaks until the end of March!

If, somehow, we take 6 points from the next two. I might start getting a little carried away, the chasing pack have some tough games and some are only playing once.

Sunderland: Hull(H), Stoke (H)
Hull: Sunderland(A)
Norwich: WBA(H), Leeds(A)
Preston: Leeds (H), Millwall (A)
Cardiff: Plymouth(A)
Bristol: Watford(H), Cov (A)

If we're perfect, we could see 6th-14th start breaking up. Or we could lose to Sheffield Wednesday and we will need a complete rebuild in the summer. @Grendel will be calling Robins a taxi and @fatso will be selling Wright.

Last edited:

TomRad85

Genuinely I invite people to name the 6 teams they think are better? I'll wait.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Chris1987

I think 5th . The momentum is with us , we look an impressive unit at both ends of the pitch and other clubs will not fancy playing us one bit. Hopefully we don't pick up too many injuries and have a couple of new additions. Squad depth is very different this season to last and not many teams can match ours.

slowpoke

There are always banana skins and unknown incidents in games such as a sending off can that influence things unexpectedly but I believe we can handle any of that
our squad depth is a major thing, looking at all the fixtures ahead I’m very confident we will finish very high.

steve cooper

We threw the game away against Ipswich, Southampton, Leeds, Leicester, Sunderland, Middlesborough couldn't beat us. Pretty convincing evidence

Mucca Mad Boys

We’ll be Top 6 and it’ll be more comfortable than last season. Over two legs, I’d fancy us against Ipswich, Hull, Sunderland and possibly Watford. However, WBA is a maybe and I wouldn’t make us favourites to beat Southampton or Leeds over two legs.

Strangely, over two legs I’d fancy us to beat Leicester… Although that would take a meltdown of epic proportions in order for that to happen.

I think we’ll finish 4th or 5th.

Robinshio

24th November we were still on 16 points from 16 games- " we are going down" "Robins out" "good job there are 3 teams worse than us"
7 weeks later - 24 points from the next 11 games including the Top 4 - "We are going up" "Robins is the Messiah" " Cant see 3 teams better than us"

Dont you just love football :)

mmttww

If we want c. 75 points, away form has to improve.

Interested to know if others have spotted the extent to which our home form is propping-up our season. I think we have about the 15th best away form at the minute. We can't get promoted depending so much on our home form so without being a killjoy, if we don't pick-up dramatically in the next five away games (i.e. three wins), we need to cool our expectations a whole lot!

Chris1987

Interested to know if others have spotted the extent to which our home form is propping-up our season. I think we have about the 15th best away form at the minute. We can't get promoted depending so much on our home form so without being a killjoy, if we don't pick-up dramatically in the next five away games (i.e. three wins), we need to cool our expectations a whole lot!
Recent away form is much improved.

slowpoke

24th November we were still on 16 points from 16 games- " we are going down" "Robins out" "good job there are 3 teams worse than us"
7 weeks later - 24 points from the next 11 games including the Top 4 - "We are going up" "Robins is the Messiah" " Cant see 3 teams better than us"

Dont you just love football :)
And where are the Robins out brigade now ?

mmttww

Recent away form is much improved.

Not convinced. Draw at Leeds was sketchy, the Sunderland game was a weird one and 'Boro could've been 3-0 up first half. Also feel like we've won a few at home recently without being great. Like someone posted in another thread, the level of performance vs. Leicester needs to be the minimum for 10-12 of the last 19 games if we want to finish in the playoffs.

Manchester_sky_blue

Not convinced. Draw at Leeds was sketchy, the Sunderland game was a weird one and 'Boro could've been 3-0 up first half. Also feel like we've won a few at home recently without being great. Like someone posted in another thread, the level of performance vs. Leicester needs to be the minimum for 10-12 of the last 19 games if we want to finish in the playoffs.
TBF playing badly but still winning games is usually a pretty good indicator of promotion, take your point though, the league is ridiculously tight and we do need to maintain the impetus from the Leicester win.

slowpoke

We all know football is a game of opinions but are you for real , both Sunderland & Middlesbrough were beaten after 60/70 minutes.

mmttww

We all know football is a game of opinions but are you for real , both Sunderland & Middlesbrough were beaten after 60/70 minutes.

I am - I don't think we should get carried away by the results in the games you mentioned, especially 'Boro. Collins bailed us out first half and they were missing most of a first XI. A lot of tough games left and we're three points ahead of Cardiff in 13th.

We played well for 90 mins on Sat and deserved the win and I don't think that's a fluke. I also don't think we'll stay where we are unless our away form improves. Need to control games away from home and not rely on the front four getting us out of jail.

Mucca Mad Boys

I am - I don't think we should get carried away by the results in the games you mentioned, especially 'Boro. Collins bailed us out first half and they were missing most of a first XI. A lot of tough games left and we're three points ahead of Cardiff in 13th.

We played well for 90 mins on Sat and deserved the win and I don't think that's a fluke. I also don't think we'll stay where we are unless our away form improves. Need to control games away from home and not rely on the front four getting us out of jail.

Our away results since PNE (since changing formation):
- Millwall, 3-0 win
- Ipswich, loss 2-1 - with a missed penalty and conceding a world class goal
- Leeds 1-1 draw
- Sunderland, 3-0 win
- Middlesborough, 3-1 win

Our away record is just as good as our home record atm. The reality is that our away fixtures have been as difficult as it gets in a run of 5-6 games.

Robinshio

24 points in the last 11 games ! 2.18 per game . I would suggest we need 34 from the next 19 1.79
We have already played Leicester/ sunderland and Boro twice -

mmttww

Our away results since PNE (since changing formation):
- Millwall, 3-0 win
- Ipswich, loss 2-1 - with a missed penalty and conceding a world class goal
- Leeds 1-1 draw
- Sunderland, 3-0 win
- Middlesborough, 3-1 win

Our away record is just as good as our home record atm. The reality is that our away fixtures have been as difficult as it gets in a run of 5-6 games.

OK, fair point. We need to maintain that recent away form if we're going to stay where we are.

steve cooper

Took 7 points from our last 4 away though, with a high opponents ppg. 4th in the form table for last 4 away. So positive signs there.

Users who are viewing this thread