Who is going to give us a break or least some answers (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Nick said:
I asked how many home games you and Magwitch go to now because you were the ones who seemed to have a personal issue with those who went to Sixfields. .
I don’t remember questioning anyone going to Sixfields, I rarely get involved in Sixfields discussions might quote it now and again that’s about all. I do think had no-one gone we’d have been back in Cov a lot earlier, just an opinion. But I don’t knock those who went

I thought you only recently started posting on here

letsallsingtogether

If you knew that why didn't you ever make that knowledge public? Why didn't you ever link that fact with the breakdown in the talks with the council in 2012/13?
I have mentioned it before.
Anyway there are other posters on here that were there, and one is a very prominent poster.
People always ask for links and shit like that, and as these were private meetings set up by Tim no minutes were taken so it is our word against his.

oucho

Anyway there are other posters on here that were there, and one is a very prominent poster.
People always ask for links and shit like that, and as these were private meetings set up by Tim no minutes were taken so it is our word against his.

Except that nobody mentioned it at the time...or until this week. OK.....

Grendel

In a bar in Jersey - wow

Captain Dart

WTF is everything always an argument? It’s a website where fans who support city want to come and have a moan,exchange views and discuss all things Sky Blue.
We have got the thought police,the grammar police,the spelling police and every other kind of know all’s,and ffs don’t express an opinion that the big chiefs don’t agree with or your f*****.
I am an old git now so can do without it, I can get my season ticket go to the game and go home either happy or moaning like a good un.
I am an ex GMK user, so remember what happened to that site. 100’s of watchers and a handful of posters cos the clique would gang up on posters who were not one of them.
No doubt this will get the usual “ you don’t know what you’re on about “ from some, but far more will know what I mean.
I am not saying this forum has to be a love in, but cut em some slack and let them have an opinion. We don’t have to agree with what people say to all want the same end result.
I am lying on a sun bed in Mexico, it’s 30°, the sun is shining,I timed the holiday so I won’t miss any home games, and I am still kin moaning.
Ain’t life grand. Rant over helmet on ,-)

Deja vu anybody?

oucho

WTF is everything always an argument?

Welcome to Sky Blues Talk....

I particularly enjoyed the multi page thread that evolved into a row about county borders and what constitutes 'the north', 'the West Midlands' and so on. It got heated only because people were used to carrying on like that on here.

Then again you look on the likes of Foxes Talk and Villa Talk and it's all a bit sedate, unlike here on a Saturday night when we've lost and half the posters are pissed and giving it what for, it can get very entertaining at times....

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

giphy.gif

That's a great film by the way.

Sick Boy

I particularly enjoyed the multi page thread that evolved into a row about county borders and what constitutes 'the north', 'the West Midlands' and so on. It got heated only because people were used to carrying on like that on here.

Then again you look on the likes of Foxes Talk and Villa Talk and it's all a bit sedate, unlike here on a Saturday night when we've lost and half the posters are pissed and giving it what for, it can get very entertaining at times....

That sounds like a barrel of laughs...

Nick

Administrator

Too busy fingering their relatives on a weekend to be messing about online.

oucho

I quite often type out a message, but end up thinking 'fuck it' and just delete.
To be fair, so I do sometimes. I for one now generally avoid intervening on things like the EU or Sisu/Wasps/council, as nobody is persuading anyone else and people just go on there to vent their views whilst not being receptive to anyone else's view - it just descends into endless argument and oneupsmanship - and I reckon a lot of others, after all this time, take the same view. But I don't think that this equates to the site becoming less popular - it's very good for information on club news, gossip, match threads, transfers, etc etc and I think most members use it for that stuff and benefit greatly for it (especially since the Cov Tel went down the toilet).

Otis

Yeah, I sometimes start to post and then delete it too, especially in the likes of the EU thread,which I now mainly avoid like the plague.

After all, what is there to say now that already hasn't already been said? And no-one seemingly is going to budge from their position.

i find some are just pointless and especially the Sisu ones, where some just endlessly bang on why one side is more to blame than the other. To me all sides hold a degree of culpability, so does it really matter that much that one side is more culpable than the other?

They all carry a proportion of the blame and I don't think we ever get anywhere in just endlessly trying to blame one side more.

We just tend to go round in circles with it.

chiefdave

It's got to the point where it matters not who said what or when, who did what or when.
What matters is our future.
I don't know why this point is so hard to grasp for a lot of our fans. Every post, especially on social media, is met with a 'but SISU said this' or 'Fisher said that' type response. Who cares? At this point all that matters is CCFC continuing to exist past the end of the season.

Otis

Exactly.

All.we need to do now is focus on the future of the club instead of wasting so much energy saying it's Wasps fault, it's Sisu's fault, it's the Council's fault.

Is constantly apportioning blame going to help save our future?

skybluetony176

You made up the story that Fisher knew about the interest from Richardson - everyone knows that

People were spreading the rumour the Easter before the Wasps takeover, some were even dropping it into posts on here before that. You mocked at least one poster for suggesting the possibility claiming something like SISU were the only show in town.

Are you suggesting that it was common knowledge (although most didn’t take it seriously, I certainly didn’t) months prior but Tim knew nothing about it?

Nick

Administrator
People were spreading the rumour the Easter before the Wasps takeover, some were even dropping it into posts on here before that. You mocked at least one poster for suggesting the possibility claiming something like SISU were the only show in town.

Are you suggesting that it was common knowledge (although most didn’t take it seriously, I certainly didn’t) months prior but Tim knew nothing about it?

That wasn't years before sixfields though was it? I hadn't heard anything about it before. Saw whispers while we were there but not before

skybluetony176

That wasn't years before sixfields though was it? I hadn't heard anything about it before. Saw whispers while we were there but not before

I never said it was. I was told it on the hill on the last “home” game of the Northampton season. The person who told me said that they were told by another supporter back in Easter and they claimed had claimed to have been shown a Wasps prospectus by someone from CCFC. For me it was all a bit he said she said so I took it with a huge pinch of salt at the time yet here we are.
Given how this panned out it seems what I was told in the whole was accurate so I find it hard to believe any suggestion that Tim didn’t know.

Grendel

LAST made a claim that Fisher was aware Richardson was interested in purchasing the Arena in 2011 / early 2012 fisher had only been at the club for a limited time at that point

It’s an absurd claim

letsallsingtogether

You made up the story that Fisher knew about the interest from Richardson - everyone knows that
I have made nothing up you are just full of shit when did or have I said it came from Richardson?
I said it came from a meeting I attended only City supporters there along with TF.
And it was before Shitfields.

Nick

Administrator
I have made nothing up you are just full of shit when did or have I said it came from Richardson?
I said it came from a meeting I attended only City supporters there along with TF.
And it was before Shitfields.
Doesn't he mean the interest from Richardson.

I don't think anything was said pre sixfields about it was it? Publicly

Users who are viewing this thread