Who watches American Football in the UK? (1 Viewer)

scubasteve

yep, they offensive line managed to keep Rodgers clean in the pocket against the redskins, but Arizona are on another level defensively, they sacked Rodgers 9 times, and caused him to fumble twice, they only scored the TD in garbage time 2 weeks ago. if Rodgers can play like he did vs the redskins they have a chance, but Arizona coming off a bye week and also rested their starters in the 2nd half of their last game, id expect a comfortable win for the cardinals.

Having beast mode back would be a boost for the Seahawks this weekend, it gives the Seahawks another weapon. They use the read option well but when there is no run game they become more predictable, and will have to rely on shutting down cam newton. I would expect the panthers to win, but I wouldn't write off the Seahawks, winners find ways to win big games.

Otis

I'd back Wilson and Baldwin against any pairing at the moment, but it depends on who else turns up. If Lynch could decide that he's no longer injured that'd be nice, I still don't trust Christine Michael.
I would trust an American footballer called Christine either!

covcity4life

otis i would love to see packers advance another weekend but cards look too strong

heres hoping,GB were amongst favs for a reason. jordy nelson out a big deal but still possible

Otis

otis i would love to see packers advance another weekend but cards look too strong

heres hoping,GB were amongst favs for a reason. jordy nelson out a big deal but still possible
Forgot about him. Yeah, he's a big player for them isn't he.

Be an interesting game anyway. Plan on watching all 4 games again this weekend.

covcity4life

i record them and start watching from HT, always catch up live play by closing mins of 4th quarter

so many stoppages to fwd through after all

Otis

i record them and start watching from HT, always catch up live play by closing mins of 4th quarter

so many stoppages to fwd through after all
Yep, I set them all to record too. Tend to watch one live and then the others I fast forward between each play, so watch all the game, but fast forwards every time the play is called dead.

covcity4life

exactly. i dont miss a thing,but its so much easier to get through

my thumb has muscle memory of how long it takes inbetween plays lol

Otis

Wow!! Two great games last night.

Guessing many of you maybe haven't watched yet, so with that in mind ....

I never, ever expected Arizona/Green Bay to beat Green Bay/Arizona in such a fashion. Wow!! What a great/crap game.

And as for the Pats and the Chiefs, who would have thought Brady would have played so badly/well? And what a fantastic effort by the Chiefs/Pats to win/lose the game.

Given too much away have I?

Looking forwards to today's games now anyway.

B-Ban-Boogie

[Spoiler Alert] if you haven't seen the game DO NOT READ!! haha..

I get so angry with that OT rule in that who ever wins the coin toss gets to go for a TD and then its over and the other team don' t get a chance???
Even College Football has addressed this ridiculous rule and both have a go at scoring.

Cards\Packers played for nigh on 4 hours and GB lost on a coin toss basically.

I'm a closet Seahawks fan so looking forward to the game today and hopefully the 2 week layoff has lost the Panthers momentum.

The Playoffs are brilliant here too with every Sports Bar packed to the rafters watching games..
Being in Florida there are so many different fans in the bars it makes for a great atmosphere..

Otis

[Spoiler Alert] if you haven't seen the game DO NOT READ!! haha..

I get so angry with that OT rule in that who ever wins the coin toss gets to go for a TD and then its over and the other team don' t get a chance???
Even College Football has addressed this ridiculous rule and both have a go at scoring.

Cards\Packers played for nigh on 4 hours and GB lost on a coin toss basically.

I'm a closet Seahawks fan so looking forward to the game today and hopefully the 2 week layoff has lost the Panthers momentum.

The Playoffs are brilliant here too with every Sports Bar packed to the rafters watching games..
Being in Florida there are so many different fans in the bars it makes for a great atmosphere..
Going to be a very interesting one, Carolina v Seattle. Really can't call it.

The NFL used to give both sides a possession in OT didn't they? Sure that used to be the case, but then they changed it.

Think it should be one possession each and then first score wins.

stupot07

The Panthers have been brilliant this season. A real surprise package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

The Panthers have been brilliant this season. A real surprise package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Just like the City, except they actually are unbeaten!!

B-Ban-Boogie

To be honest I'm more of a College Football fan these days and was lucky enough to go to the 'Outback Bowl' at Raymond James Stadium (Tampa Bay Bucs) on New Years Day...
My mate is a massive Tennessee fan (was born there but actually lived on the Tenn\Georgia state border) so I watch the Vols quite a lot.

I've got to admit it was bloody hard work getting up at 6am to go tailgating at 8am after the New Year Eve session!!.. haha..

Tennessee played Northwestern and it was a perfect game for the Vols, even scoring a TD from a kick off in the last 8 seconds.
The atmosphere in the stadium was superb too and the amount of fit ladies there was unbelievable!!
Think the Vols had around 46,000 of the 53,000 in attendance, so it was like a home game for them.

Going to try really hard to get tickets to the NCAA College Football final next year as its at the Bucs stadium.

20160101_111434.jpg 20160101_113939.jpg 20160101_114003.jpg 20160101_114215.jpg 20160101_151455.jpg

scubasteve

thought all 4 games were good this weekend in different ways, predicted the outcomes right for all the game as well.
chiefs @ pats was a easy win, no idea what the chiefs were doing on the last drive wasting so much time it forced them to go for a onside kick.
packers @ cards, was closer than I thought it would be, palmer was way off his game at the start but larry fitz got them out of it, Rodgers made it great for some late drama and nearly got them the win.
seahawks @ panthers was a blow out at half time, im sure they took their foot off the gas and thought they had it won, nearly came back to haunt them.
steelers @broncos, same as all season manning is just shot and should have retired after the superbowl loss to the seahawks, but the defence got them through.

my predictions, pats beat the broncos, brady and co. have too much, broncos offence just isn't up to it.

panthers just beat the cardinals, but only just, this is a close one. could go either way but think the panthers have more on offence.

ajsccfc

The Carolina game summed up the season. Horrendous start, then suddenly look like a proper team again. The NFC game last year was similar, but Carolina built up too much of a lead for the comeback.

Watching Manning just felt a bit sad. Tell the kids the family pet has moved to a farm upstate.

scubasteve

Yeah I agree it is sad because its damaging his legacy, he cant make the throws or read the defences like he used to and make the adjustments. They obviously don't trust him anymore, he is just game managing and relying heavily on the run game. I would be very surprised if didn't retire and I think Denver will move on, rumour is people at the top didn't want him back this season and he was ready to play weeks ago but they didn't want him back in.

Also I think Denver will be in rebuild mode from next season, the team is full of aging expensive players brought in on a win now mentality. Their cap is almost blown, have a few major free agents and no QB as osweiler is not up to it either. Add that to the fact the Chiefs look decent and Raiders have a very good young team, they are going to struggle to compete in their division so its the perfect time to rebuild.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I support the dolphins i watch alot of nfl here toronto. panthers look like they will win the superbowl but the pats and broncos game will be a good game to watch.

B-Ban-Boogie

stupid prick nfl and their dumb shit overtime rules

I agree..
I talk with my yank mates and they just brush it off like its ok..

I tell them its bloody stupid that the other team doesn't get a go if one team gets a TD..
Their answer "Well they'd be playing all day?"...
My reply.. "So what?, it's a playoff!"

Grrrrr.. make's me angry.. lol

Otis

I agree..
I talk with my yank mates and they just brush it off like its ok..

I tell them its bloody stupid that the other team doesn't get a go if one team gets a TD..
Their answer "Well they'd be playing all day?"...
My reply.. "So what?, it's a playoff!"

Grrrrr.. make's me angry.. lol
They could rename it the play-all-day-offs.

All it needs is a rule of one possession each and then next score wins in the 15 mins.

First team gets a field goal in their possession, then second team getting a touchdown would win it.

First team nothing, then field goal or touchdown would win it for second team.

First team touchdown, then second team needs touchdown too to prolong the game.

Easy peasy. One possession each and if it is not won then, next score in the 15 min period wins it.

covcity4life

exactly guys! this is teice GB gone out ion recent years without touching the ball in OT,all on a friggen coin flip!

the NHL have it perfect. golden goal, play all day and night if required

ajsccfc

While I did benefit hugely from it last year, the rule is crap. It's like when football played around with the golden goal rule, but if they also added a caveat that whoever wins a coin toss starts with a penalty kick.

I'd go with either just a full extra quarter until someone wins like in the NBA, or ideally a field goal penalty shootout. Five kicks from the PAT spot, designated kickers ineligible.

Last edited:

B-Ban-Boogie

They could rename it the play-all-day-offs.

All it needs is a rule of one possession each and then next score wins in the 15 mins.

First team gets a field goal in their possession, then second team getting a touchdown would win it.

First team nothing, then field goal or touchdown would win it for second team.

First team touchdown, then second team needs touchdown too to prolong the game.

Easy peasy. One possession each and if it is not won then, next score in the 15 min period wins it.

If my memory serve's me correctly this is how it is in College Football...
Yes.. even College Football addressed it first....

Otis

Wonder what it is in cricket (the bowling and batting and fielding of each ball and nothing in between like walking back to the mark for the bowler etc.). In a 7 hour day I bet the ball is in play for very little time indeed.

Gazolba

Brighton Sky Blue

AngryAnt

Great games last weekend. Usually I watch on my second monitor while doing something like playing Elite, but had it on the main this week, couldn't take my eyes off the games.

Unlucky for GB, coin didn't 'flip' to start with and then they go and lose like that. The OT rule is extremely stupid.

Otis

Great games last weekend. Usually I watch on my second monitor while doing something like playing Elite, but had it on the main this week, couldn't take my eyes off the games.

Unlucky for GB, coin didn't 'flip' to start with and then they go and lose like that. The OT rule is extremely stupid.
They are usually good though over there of implementing rule changes, happens all the time, so unlike football, I would expect the OT rule to change in the not too distant future.

SkyblueBazza

I wonder how many of the watchers are anti - video replays for refs & other stuff that stops the flow of the game? And that prefer football to Rugby because there are too many breaks in play?
We don't need more Americanisation in the UK. There would be no excitement in visiting there if we become more like it ourselves...hmmm every cloud

...onwards & upwards PUSB

ajsccfc

There's no hypocrisy there, they're just completely different sports. I mean, I watch tennis too but I don't think the fourth official in football should be sat on a high chair at the halfway line.

Users who are viewing this thread