Match Thread Wigan Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Kick them where it hurts and get the first goal, (and the following two).
Wigan's main threat seems to be from McClean's deliveries. Will he mark him with Eccles?

ccfcmad1

Potential Banana skin for sure but have to feel confident after the last two results, get at them from the off crowd on side 2-0 win.

Sky Blue Pete

Will we get to see palmer and Ohare behind vik???

It’s great we’ve found a way to be competitive without really getting back to the football of the start of last year

Tight game won by the odd goal in 3.

Vik and palmer

SleepyGinger

I’d imagine Wigan will try and do to us what we done to Watford on Saturday.

Would like to see O’Hare back in but hard to drop Allen or Palmer after Saturday.

1-0 win.

shmmeee

Tricky game. We always do worse against teams that don’t try and win the game.

Going for a 0-1 loss. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Wilson
Rose Fadz Panzo
Eccles Hamer Sheaf Bidwell
O’Hare Palmer
Györkeres

God knows who on the bench, depends on illness. Possibly Burroughs in for Bidwell if he’s not fit.

Philosorapter

Attachments

• 18.0.2.gif
    18.0.2.gif
    45.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 18.0.7.PNG
    18.0.7.PNG
    113.2 KB · Views: 23

Philosorapter

This season this should really come into its own with all the games in hand.

Guess you could describe it as the business end. Having a higher win% when you are lower down the table gives significant changes to your position in the league. Higher up, and it starts to get much harder because other teams will also have higher win% making the travel time between the teams a little bit longer when climbing the table.

I think, luckily for everyone, there are spurts and sputters which teams usually get themselves into, or come running up against.

Also, the higher you go, the more you lose in position if you lose, or draw a match. All the fun of the fair.

Cross the 1500 line and everything starts working in reverse!

Last edited:

Skybluecol

Wilson
Eccles Rose Fadz Panzo Burroughs
Allen Sheaf Hamer
OHare
Vik

Palmer out as reckon Robins will be managing his fitness and it's working well so far, he'll come on after the hour mark.

2 nil win, Vik & Hamer

curly_tom

With such fantastic results recently, it's hard not to imagine that we will lose this one. We should win though, the players must be feeling very confident after beating two of the best teams in the league. Wigan don't look great and have slipped a lot lately. If we can get our best team on the pitch we can do this!

skybluepm2

Huge couple of games before the break where we should be looking at no less than 4 points.

I’d give Eccles a breather and bring in Kane, and as good as Burroughs was on the left, I’d start Bidwell. Pleasing to now have the young man as a competent backup.

Like many others on here, I’d love to see the COH & Palmer link up deployed behind Vik. Allen is our only ever present and his been playing out of his skin so I can’t see it happening unfortunately. A nice problem to have.

2-0 City, a rare Sheaf goal followed up by a trademark Gyokeres mazy run and cushioned finish into the far corner 😀

Winny the Bish

Two teams that play a similar formation tend to cancel each other out. 1-0 City.

Wilson
Burroughs Rose Fadz Panzo Bidwell
Sheaf Hamer
O'Hare
Walker Gyokeres

robbiethemole

I’m quite glad they drew as the pressure is off them a bit and they might be more relaxed in their play, rather than being on a losing run.

SkyBlueMatt

This is definitely a game we can win. No game is a certainty in this league but with the confidence building within the team after recent results, I'm confident too.

It will be one of 'those' games so I think we're going to need to score a couple.

Bertola

iFollow for me on Tuesday unortunately. The boy has training, and it'd be too much of a rush to get him home, wait for the wife to get home and then get up to the ground

shmmeee

Feeling like crap and my Dads away so not sure if I’m going to go alone or pussy out and watch it online. Tried to convince the missus but no dice.

pusbccfc

No ifollow or red button and £20 ticket. Should be a good home crowd. I'm sure Wigan will bring 200 ish

Skybluecol

Id be quite disappointed if we line up this defensively at home to Wigan TBH.
Absolutely agree with you but this is the approach I reckon Robins will take. Looking in advance to the 2 games, if we get a result Tuesday then more pressure off on Saturday. 4pts from the next 2 games and I'd be happy but I really do genuinely believe we can get 6pts.

slowpoke

Will be disappointed if we don’t win this, I was the Blackpool game but that was more down to the circumstances of the bug which went through the camp. Interesting as to how Robins goes with this I think Bidwell will start and O’Hare for Palmer who looked to me had a little knock Saturday.
Has the threat of five yellow cards and a game ban gone yet ?

Bounce Back

Will be disappointed if we don’t win this, I was the Blackpool game but that was more down to the circumstances of the bug which went through the camp. Interesting as to how Robins goes with this I think Bidwell will start and O’Hare for Palmer who looked to me had a little knock Saturday.
Has the threat of five yellow cards and a game ban gone yet ?

No but it makes little sense for a player to miss a game to prevent them from missing a game

Users who are viewing this thread