Will Gary Hoffman Be Our Saviour? (1 Viewer)

shoesmith81

Do you think Gary Hoffman will get us out of the shit?

Do you think he has been waiting in the wings waiting for this?

I sure hope so!

Does anyone actually think SISU will jump ship having invested what they claim to be 40 million in the club for the sake of around £1 million in rent they have not paid?

Also why would they give Pressley a 3.5 year deal?

Something is not quite right here!

Gaz

I think sisu had to plan as normal regards the managers contract.
I believe if we do go into admin, then Gary Hoffman will be at least trying to put some sort of group in touch with the club.

dadgad

Do you think Gary Hoffman will get us out of the shit?

Do you think he has been waiting in the wings waiting for this?

I sure hope so!

Does anyone actually think SISU will jump ship having invested what they claim to be 40 million in the club for the sake of around £1 million in rent they have not paid?

Also why would they give Pressley a 3.5 year deal?

Something is not quite right here!

Another smells the coffee. A distinct lack of sisu apologists all of a sudden.
Gotta feel for Pressley, wonder if Falkirk will have him back?;)

Grendel

Just out of interest how many games do you attend a season?

Nonleagueherewecome

Just out of interest how many games do you attend a season?

What's that got to do with the topic? Your style is to attack people in areas that are utterly irrelevant to the matter in hand, just as you did Ainsworth. It's extremely clumsy.

Mucca Mad Boys

Unlike some, I'm a CCFC fan 1st, and if these mysterious owners, who might not even be better than SISU, were to offer something, then why would I oppose!?

Schmuck.

Nonleagueherewecome

Unlike some, I'm a CCFC fan 1st, and if these mysterious owners, who might not even be better than SISU, were to offer something, then why would I oppose!?

Schmuck.

And I didn't see him quoting you....are you calling yourself a SISU apologist?!?

Grendel

Schmuck.

Ignore Dadgad he has never been to a game in his life.

Grendel

What's that got to do with the topic? Your style is to attack people in areas that are utterly irrelevant to the matter in hand, just as you did Ainsworth. It's extremely clumsy.

It has everything to do with it. The majority of vociferous opponents dream of a new beginning as they don't attend anyway.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think the phrase I was groping for is character assassination..

Nonleagueherewecome

It has everything to do with it. The majority of vociferous opponents dream of a new beginning as they don't attend anyway.

I go to every home game and I agree with a lot of what that poster says. Plus he has a sense of humour.

torchomatic

So we could potentially be swapping our current set of faceless investors for Gary Hoffman's set of faceless investors. Cool. Bring it on.

dadgad

Cheers, NLHWC, I appreciate your logic but let it go.
The BA (Parliamentary Thread) was indeed typical and showed him up for the worm he sadly is.
Rattling their cages is the only thing they want; bored, moronic, obtuse, etc.

Grendel

Cheers, NLHWC, I appreciate your logic but let it go.
The BA (Parliamentary Thread) was indeed typical and showed him up for the worm he sadly is.
Rattling their cages is the only thing they want; bored, moronic, obtuse, etc.

How many games? Can't you (or won't you) answer? Simple question.

torchomatic

How do you know they won't? Hoffman isn't putting the money in himself. He had a consortium remember who wanted to remain anonymous. While we are landlords and held to ransom by ACL then it doesn't really matter who owns this football club.

Torch, how do you know that any new investors will be "faceless"?

DazzleTommyDazzle

I've been going since the late 60's.

I've had a season ticket for most of those years - although I've never lived in Coventry.

Oh, and I saw every game in the '87 cup run.

Am I allowed an opinion please.

DazzleTommyDazzle

How do you know they won't? Hoffman isn't putting the money in himself. He had a consortium remember who wanted to remain anonymous. While we are landlords and held to ransom by ACL then it doesn't really matter who owns this football club.

I don't know they won't but then I didn't write a post that stated they won't be.

You however posted about "Hoffman's faceless investors" suggesting that either you knew something or that you have some agenda that you want to push irrespective of the facts (or lack of facts).

dadgad

I've been going since the late 60's.

I've had a season ticket for most of those years - although I've never lived in Coventry.

Oh, and I saw every game in the '87 cup run.

Am I allowed an opinion please.

Me too, very similar. And never has the club that still has such an emotional pull on me been at a lower ebb.
And yes, you're allowed an opinion but the spiritually bereft and morally bankrupt may not care for them.:p:p
pusb:guitar2:

Black6Osprey

It doesn't make much difference whether new investors are faceless or not. FFP rules will be the same, our losses each season will be the same, we still wont completely own our ground. Different group but same set of problems.

SkyBlueSwiss

It doesn't make much difference whether new investors are faceless or not. FFP rules will be the same, our losses each season will be the same, we still wont completely own our ground. Different group but same set of problems.

Understand what you are saying, but that is not necessarily the case. ACL, Higgs and CCC have made it clear that while they will no longer deal with SISU, they would be happy to deal with others that do business in a normal and proper manner, so any new "faceless" investors might well be able to put the club and the ground together with the blessing of all parties.

dadgad

Understand what you are saying, but that is not necessarily the case. ACL, Higgs and CCC have made it clear that while they will no longer deal with SISU, they would be happy to deal with others that do business in a normal and proper manner, so any new "faceless" investors might well be able to put the club and the ground together with the blessing of all parties.

Yes, this has been the stated position for some time now and it is why there is no future for sisu.
The question is - how to get them out without damaging the long term interests of the club.
The Council and ACL know that they have to plot a path through an emotional and legal minefield in order to achieve this aim.
They cannot afford to fail.
The only thing that we have to be grateful to sisu for is the very public airing of the issues that have blighted the running of this club, these include the historical problems; land deals, tenancy, Crisp and pop, etc. etc.. Any agreement with any new owner will have to address these issues as not to do so will only bring us back to square one.
Sisu, however, have burnt their boats.

thechase

Wondered how long it would be before peoples favorite numpty had his own thread again. Hoffman is the biggest fantasist to support Coventry and, from reading this forum, there are a lot of those. A man with empty words and zero proof that he can take the club forward is heralded as a saviour by many on here and yet, if any of us choose to not share this delusion we are called SISU lovers! There is absolutely no evidence that Hoffman and his merry madeup men are any better suited to run the club than SISU. What happens if you all get your wish and he takes over...and the result is an even worse position than now?? All going to be Hoffman apologists i imagine.

Tad

Hoffman won't be our saviour. He's all talk. Plus, what's to say he's anygood for the club?

Sky Blue Jack

Wondered how long it would be before peoples favorite numpty had his own thread again. Hoffman is the biggest fantasist to support Coventry and, from reading this forum, there are a lot of those. A man with empty words and zero proof that he can take the club forward is heralded as a saviour by many on here and yet, if any of us choose to not share this delusion we are called SISU lovers! There is absolutely no evidence that Hoffman and his merry madeup men are any better suited to run the club than SISU. What happens if you all get your wish and he takes over...and the result is an even worse position than now?? All going to be Hoffman apologists i imagine.
<br />
<br />
Couldn't agree more, the mans all talk! How many times has he gone to the telegraph telling us all he has these new multi million pound investors that want to buy the club, and then nothing has materialised from it? Hes not our saviour at all and people need to stop believing that

Flying Fokker

He's been very quiet of late. His mate Keys is also quiet. I think fans espoused him because because they were desperate to get rid of SISU. But there were few groupies on here.

rupert_bear

Can't get my head around these Hoffman haters. Should he introduce anybody to the club, which is his club, mad keen fan who goes to practically every game home and away after all the shenanagins of this SISU crowd i can't see him introducing an idiot or fly by night and thats if he introduces anyone at all. Seems to me that because something hasn't happened weeks or months ago Hoffman is seen as a fraud. If i remember correct it is just over a year since his attempt to buy the club for a £1, when that failed he said in interview nothing will be said, and still hasn't by him to be fair, until or if there is something constructive to say.

Samo

Why can't you just debate instead of resorting to cheap shots Grendel? It only weakens any argument you may have

Bluegloucester

<br />
<br />
Couldn't agree more, the mans all talk! How many times has he gone to the telegraph telling us all he has these new multi million pound investors that want to buy the club, and then nothing has materialised from it? Hes not our saviour at all and people need to stop believing that
The only time Gary Hoffman approached SISU was under Ken Deluded. His bid was rejected because Sisu thought they could get themselves out of this mess.

ajsccfc

Gary is Group Chief Executive of Hastings Insurance Group

Sonofabitch. Hastings tried to screw me over by giving me a renewal that was an increase on last year's insurance. I cancelled it and then found a much better price online - it was Hastings.

Sky Blue Kid

How many games? Can't you (or won't you) answer? Simple question.

How many away games do you attend Grenduffy?......simple question!
Everybody knows I don't attend home games, but I bet I attend more games overall than you do
The day we see SISU's arses out of CCFC, will be the day attendances will go up at the Ricoh, and one of those "Stay away fans" will be ME.

Sky Blue Kid

Sonofabitch. Hastings tried to screw me over by giving me a renewal that was an increase on last year's insurance. I cancelled it and then found a much better price online - it was Hastings.

Every Insurance firm will automatically "Load" your insurance by at least half every year.
I've been with my insurance company for 10 years now, and it happens to me every year.
Simply phone your insurers and tell them you've had a couple of quotes that are(Enter whatever figure)"Within reason" comes to mind. My last renewal was in January, and I told them I'd been quoted £60 cheaper, with breakdown included(Full Comp. and protected) Upon which they went £10 cheaper and also gave me the "Top" AA. service for 12 months. I then cancelled my RAC subscriptions. This gained me approx £270 overall.....Happy days:)

Users who are viewing this thread