Will Gary Hoffman Be Our Saviour? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Who's got the biggest cock, that's what I want to know. I bet it's you, SBK.

How many away games do you attend Grenduffy?......simple question!
Everybody knows I don't attend home games, but I bet I attend more games overall than you do
The day we see SISU's arses out of CCFC, will be the day attendances will go up at the Ricoh, and one of those "Stay away fans" will be ME.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I am sure GH will have contacts he can put forward, or not............ think it is best he keeps quiet and does whatever he can.

Even if he does put someone forward doesnt mean he will be successful............ there may be other preferred or better placed bidders (or not)

All we can do is wait see and hope that for the first time in decades that we get owners that are capable, with substance, who can finally make it all work

Godiva

lordsummerisle

Four pages and nobody even mentioned that Hoffman was vice chairman in sisu's first three years at the club.
He has already spend investors money one time and didn't get it right ... why on earth should he succeed given a second chance?

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/11306-FAQ-1-The-Beginning

He's better at it now though.

After two failed takeovers whilst at NBNK and incurring around £23million in losses over about 18 months with a company that didn't even own anything or have any staff to speak of he'd be ideally placed to front a takeover here.

Experience of failure, as evidenced at the above and at Barclaycard, as well as being on the Coventry City Board for three years can only make him a stronger candidate, likely to learn from past mistakes,

Bluegloucester

Do you think Gary Hoffman will get us out of the shit?

Do you think he has been waiting in the wings waiting for this?

I sure hope so!

Does anyone actually think SISU will jump ship having invested what they claim to be 40 million in the club for the sake of around £1 million in rent they have not paid?

Also why would they give Pressley a 3.5 year deal?

Something is not quite right here!

If Gary has investors I hope they stay out of it until we know what Sisu's response to the admin application is. If she thinks there is someone with cash to burn she will want a piece of it.

ajsccfc

Every Insurance firm will automatically "Load" your insurance by at least half every year.
I've been with my insurance company for 10 years now, and it happens to me every year.
Simply phone your insurers and tell them you've had a couple of quotes that are(Enter whatever figure)"Within reason" comes to mind. My last renewal was in January, and I told them I'd been quoted £60 cheaper, with breakdown included(Full Comp. and protected) Upon which they went £10 cheaper and also gave me the "Top" AA. service for 12 months. I then cancelled my RAC subscriptions. This gained me approx £270 overall.....Happy days:)

Worst part was I phoned them to ask about their renewal quote and they said it was the best they could offer. I told them I've found better quotes online, and they said 'out of interest, can you tell us who beat our quote?'

'You'

dongonzalos

Unlike some, I'm a CCFC fan 1st, and if these mysterious owners, who might not even be better than SISU, were to offer something, then why would I oppose!?

Schmuck.

Bloody hell if you are CCFC first I hope you have changed your opinion when you were lording SISU for not accepting a compromise and encouraging to push for more.

Now that they can't get more and they want to liquidate the club. Putting CCFC first I assume you are now supporting ACL's chance to put us in admin and try and get owners who don't want to liquidate us?

ajsccfc

Do we need to wear red or blue bandanas? What's the deal with steppin' on another gang's turf?

Mucca Mad Boys

Bloody hell if you are CCFC first I hope you have changed your opinion when you were lording SISU for not accepting a compromise and encouraging to push for more.

Now that they can't get more and they want to liquidate the club. Putting CCFC first I assume you are now supporting ACL's chance to put us in admin and try and get owners who don't want to liquidate us?

I'd push for the best deal possible.

They agreed 400k so that's unnegotiable, but CCFC should have 100% revenues for CCFC games and we should have debt written off, I wouldn't back down from that if I were negotiating.

There's no clear cut evidence (that I know of, accept someone from ACL said, which isnt very reliable) that SISU seriously intended to liquidate CCFC, I think they were bluffing, and ACL called it.

Still quite get my head around people genuinely being excited for CCFC going into admin! Unbelievable.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'd push for the best deal possible.

They agreed 400k so that's unnegotiable, but CCFC should have 100% revenues for CCFC games and we should have debt written off, I wouldn't back down from that if I were negotiating.

There's no clear cut evidence (that I know of, accept someone from ACL said, which isnt very reliable) that SISU seriously intended to liquidate CCFC, I think they were bluffing, and ACL called it.

Still quite get my head around people genuinely being excited for CCFC going into admin! Unbelievable.

Two directors of the business stated they'd liquidate/fold the business. Whatever makes you believe you can discount this as a lack of seriousness? Were they wearing red noses and sporting squirting flowers whilst being quoted!?!

And you're happy - even if it was 'brinkmanship' - for your club to be used in such a way? If you are, that's even more 'unbelievable'!

Mucca Mad Boys

Two directors of the business stated they'd liquidate/fold the business. Whatever makes you believe you can discount this as a lack of seriousness? Were they wearing red noses and sporting squirting flowers whilst being quoted!?!

And you're happy - even if it was 'brinkmanship' - for your club to be used in such a way? If you are, that's even more 'unbelievable'!

Scaremongering... Just like moving to Nene park, was never a viable option, but they said it anyway. I think there's too much to lose for SISU if they liquidate the club. I never said I was happy about it, whereas people generally seem excited about the prospect of admin.

I was talking to my mate today about it (non CCFC fan) and he knows a bit about SISU etc. and he was saying it would be hilarious if the new people (if there are new people) turn out worse than SISU, I chuckled, it was funny in theory, but in practice, it could definitively happen and would be a disaster. :(

Sky Blue Kid

Originally Posted by lordsummerisle I really could have predicted that you would have no idea what Breaking Bad was.

Stick to Last of the Summer Whine......No "H"

Really couldn't give a shit what it was....nondescript to say the least. What channel? BBC4, or ITV4, or maybe even Men and Motors?:laugh:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Scaremongering... Just like moving to Nene park, was never a viable option, but they said it anyway. I think there's too much to lose for SISU if they liquidate the club. I never said I was happy about it, whereas people generally seem excited about the prospect of admin.

I was talking to my mate today about it (non CCFC fan) and he knows a bit about SISU etc. and he was saying it would be hilarious if the new people (if there are new people) turn out worse than SISU, I chuckled, it was funny in theory, but in practice, it could definitively happen and would be a disaster. :(

But you know company directors are compelled by law to protect the best interests of their business; yes? So, if it was scaremongering, it was profoundly unwise as it left the directors of ACL with no other alternative other than to move to protect their interest (and hopefully the interests of the club too). In that regard, no matter how much people like the sequence of events or not, the board of ACL had no alternative other than to move decisively.

Worse? Worse than SISU? Are the Venky's in the reception at the Ricoh? Unless they are, I think we're safe ;)

torchomatic

Well, Richardson's regime was certainly worse. No doubt about it.

Worse? Worse than SISU? Are the Venky's in the reception at the Ricoh? Unless they are, I think we're safe ;)

Mucca Mad Boys

But you know company directors are compelled by law to protect the best interests of their business; yes? So, if it was scaremongering, it was profoundly unwise as it left the directors of ACL with no other alternative other than to move to protect their interest (and hopefully the interests of the club too). In that regard, no matter how much people like the sequence of events or not, the board of ACL had no alternative other than to move decisively.

I never said it was wise either, I'm not disagreeing, because the only thing I agree with SISU on is the rent situation, we need a new agreement, that is close to what SISU wanted and I bet that any new investor, that hasn't been installed by ACL, would want to renegotiate.

If it's a yank that's interested, then we're probably fucked.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Well, Richardson's regime was certainly worse. No doubt about it.

I'm not saying that regime was perfect. Far from it. But did they ever use a club with 130-years of heritage and threaten to close it?

Their actions may have brought about a perilous position; but we were safer then than we are now. By some order of magnitude

torchomatic

I think the H was supposed to be there. :facepalm:

Stick to Last of the Summer Whine......No "H"

Really couldn't give a shit what it was....nondescript to say the least. What channel? BBC4, or ITV4, or maybe even Men and Motors?:laugh:

lordsummerisle

I'm not saying that regime was perfect. Far from it. But did they ever use a club with 130-years of heritage and threaten to close it?

Their actions may have brought about a perilous position; but we were safer then than we are now. By some order of magnitude

15 minutes from admin with the "ticking clock" apparently.

torchomatic

Really? Relegation from the Premier League with wages 125% of revenue. Selling our owned ground of 106 years to developers then renting it back for a million a year. Spending £20M plus on the Ricoh site and still having to sell our stake. Gagging order on what went on during his tenure at the club. At one point earning voer £500K A year, more than the chairman of the Premier League - and this was over a decade ago, then McGinnity, Robinson, Elliot and Hover: thirty minutes from insolvency until SISU came along... Gaggi

If SISU had done half of that then there would be chaos on here.

SISU are not perfect, far far from it, but I'd still rather have them than Bryan "Where Did All The Money Go?" Richardson.

Users who are viewing this thread