Will Gary Hoffman Be Our Saviour? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I "make that one out" as they sold our ground of 106 years to rent one we can't afford. If SISU had done that then your tiny brain would have shut down because it could not compute the gravity of the situation.

And Mr Richardson started the whole ball to oblivion rolling. While still collecting a massive fee from Tescos for selling retail space.

If I'd said all the above but substituted the name Richardson for Fisher, I think I know what your reaction would be.

How do you make that one out?
We were £30m in debt with Richardson.......It's claimed to be near £60m under SISU?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I "make that out" as they sold our ground of 106 years to rent one we can't afford. If SISU had done that then your tiny brain would have shut down because it could not compute the gravity of the situation.

And Mr Richardson started the whole ball to oblivion rolling. While still collecting a massive fee from Tescos for selling retail space.

If I'd said all the above but substituted the name Richardson for Fisher, I think I know what your reaction would be.

Again, as stated above, not the work of an angel.

But I can't fathom your moral compass. Richardson is the devil incarnate for doing the above; yet SISU threaten to close us down - which for me is worse than that you list as war-crimes - and you support their every action?!?

torchomatic

And calling them "war crimes" belittles the impact they had on our club. But, I understand your internal struggle whereby you can't blame anyone else more than SISU for anything.

As I have stated on many occasions without Richardson then the whole situation we find ourselves in would not exist as we would still be at Highfield Road. No ACL, no Council, no SISU.

SISU may have threatened to close us down, but they did not. However, Richardson DID do all the things on my "war crimes" list and again if I'd substituted Richardson for SISU then you'd be frothing at the mouth.

But I can't fathom your moral compass. Richardson is the devil incarnate for doing the above; yet SISU threaten to close us down - which for me is worse than that you list as war-crimes - and you support their every action?!?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

And calling them "war crimes" belittles the impact they had on our club. But, I understand your internal struggle whereby you can't blame anyone else more than SISU for anything.

As I have stated on many occasions without Richardson then the whole situation we find ourselves in would not exist as we would still be at Highfield Road. No ACL, no Council, no SISU.

SISU may have threatened to close us down, but they did not. However, Richardson DID do all the things on my "war crimes" list and again if I'd substituted Richardson for SISU then you'd be frothing at the mouth.

Neah; it's impossible debating with you. In years to come, SISU will be recounted as the business that threatened to close the club, and that'll trump the Richardson list you've mustered. Now they've taken us this far, I just hope there's a club still there for us to be enjoying whilst looking back

torchomatic

No, I don't agree with you.

And I haven't "mustered" the list, that is fact. That is what Richardson did.

Neah; it's impossible debating with you. In years to come, SISU will be recounted as the business that threatened to close the club, and that'll trump the Richardson list you've mustered. Now they've taken us this far, I just hope there's a club still there for us to be enjoying whilst looking back

fernandopartridge

The starting points are completely different in fairness. Richardson inherited what was a fairly healthy club which owned its own ground and had been a member of the top flight for around 25 years. It had a wage bill more in keeping with its earnings.

SISU inherited a debt laden 2nd division club which didn't own its own ground and spent way too much on wages and rent.

dongonzalos

Not that interested in who SISU are better than from our past.
I am looking at the now.

Under their leadership we are further away from

The premiership
Owning a part or all of our own stadium
We still have a reputation amongst the footballing world as a club in financial crisis.
We have poorer relations with our key business partners than in the past.
We still have terrible instability in terms of turn around of managers and playing staff
Our attendances are lower.

Personally I am judging SISU by their own aims and objectives.

They have failed catastrophically

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The starting points are completely different in fairness. Richardson inherited what was a fairly healthy club which owned its own ground and had been a member of the top flight for around 25 years. It had a wage bill more in keeping with its earnings.

SISU inherited a debt laden 2nd division club which didn't own its own ground and spent way too much on wages and rent.

I don't agree with your analysis wholly, but wouldn't want to split hairs already being discussed elsewhere right now. Neither 'set' of owners is perfect, is it? To portray one as wholly and totally wrong, and defend the other blindly appears a strange stance. That's my point.

And if there's one thing that's worse than anything else? In my book? It's threatening to close the club down. You or others may have a different view. That's mine

Moff

Really? Relegation from the Premier League with wages 125% of revenue. Selling our owned ground of 106 years to developers then renting it back for a million a year. Spending £20M plus on the Ricoh site and still having to sell our stake. Gagging order on what went on during his tenure at the club. At one point earning voer £500K A year, more than the chairman of the Premier League - and this was over a decade ago, then McGinnity, Robinson, Elliot and Hover: thirty minutes from insolvency until SISU came along... Gaggi

If SISU had done half of that then there would be chaos on here.

SISU are not perfect, far far from it, but I'd still rather have them than Bryan "Where Did All The Money Go?" Richardson.

How quickly some people forget Richardsons regime....rose tinted spectacles and memory lapses!

Oh and before anyone begins to froth at the mouth, or post his usual wanker sign, I am not very keen on SISU either

fernandopartridge

I don't agree with your analysis wholly, but wouldn't want to split hairs already being discussed elsewhere right now. Neither 'set' of owners is perfect, is it? To portray one as wholly and totally wrong, and defend the other blindly appears a strange stance. That's my point.

I don't disagree with that.

I cannot agree that a threat to liquidate the club is worse than the damage inflicted upon it by the regime of Richardson et al.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Do you think Gary Hoffman will get us out of the shit? No

Do you think he has been waiting in the wings waiting for this? No

I sure hope so! Im a pessimist fraid not

Does anyone actually think SISU will jump ship having invested what they claim to be 40 million in the club for the sake of around £1 million in rent they have not paid? No

Also why would they give Pressley a 3.5 year deal? Contracts mean nothing, new owners for me would appoint someone else- new broom sweeps clean

Something is not quite right here! Agree

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

I don't disagree with that.

I cannot agree that a threat to liquidate the club is worse than the damage inflicted upon it by the regime of Richardson et al.

Really!...So a shit ownership(Agreed) but still a going concern, is worse than Liquidation
That is threatened by two SISU representatives?
The mind boggles!

Sky Blue Kid

How many more lies, and backtracking are a lot of you going to take?
SISU want it all, and they want it for NOTHING!

ryb1983ccfc

<p>
I don't disagree with that.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I cannot agree that a threat to liquidate the club is worse than the damage inflicted upon it by the regime of Richardson et al.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
liquidation means no club! How is that not worse? And I fully agree Richardson ruined our club

Grendel

<p></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
no he wants the club for nothing not the stadium that's different! Because the club is worth feck all!

He himself won't be spending a penny. The unknown venture capitalists behind him will be spending a lot less than the council want. The club is worth nothing as the council own everything.

Sick Boy

The only time Gary Hoffman approached SISU was under Ken Deluded. His bid was rejected because Sisu thought they could get themselves out of this mess.

That was not the reason at all. The bid was withdrawn as one of the company's directors is the West Ham manager. It would have been illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread