Will Villa? (1 Viewer)

Covrock

These odds are for Norwich job..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211106-211122_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211106-211122_Chrome.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 237

Grendel

Come on Premier League clubs still infatuated with overseas coaches or famous ex-players.

The manager the just sacked was neither

Evo1883

Steven Gerrard would be a good fit at villa , a big club and a step up league wise from rangers .. would give him the platform to possibly succeed klopp in the future if he was to do well there

Tommo1993

Steven Gerrard would be a good fit at villa , a big club and a step up league wise from rangers .. would give him the platform to possibly succeed klopp in the future if he was to do well there

5-10 years before he manages England?

Otis

Oh, saw the thread title and thought maybe we are in for the grandson of the great, former Spurs player, Ricky Villa.

stay_up_skyblues

I think he would have turned it around myself

Agree with this. Sure he’s had similar runs previously and turned it round. I said to my Villa supporting mate if it carried on against Brighton and Palace next then you’d say fair enough, pull the trigger.

Evo1883

Villa and Norwich both sold their best player
No one is surprised that their teams have suffered as a result
But it's the manager who gets the sack
Ironically many clubs also have people that recruit players for the manager to work with.. who also always seem to avoid the sack 🤣

The CableGuy

I guess from the board's view, with the international break incoming, it made sense to pull the trigger now on a manager who got £100M+ to spend after selling Villa's best player.

But its not great you can get the sack after losing 5 games. IMO, Smith is a decent manager who laid the foundations for Brentford's promotion, he'll have no trouble getting a job elsewhere.

SlowerThanPlatt

I guess from the board's view, with the international break incoming, it made sense to pull the trigger now on a manager who got £100M+ to spend after selling Villa's best player.

But its not great you can get the sack after losing 5 games. IMO, Smith is a decent manager who laid the foundations for Brentford's promotion, he'll have no trouble getting a job elsewhere.

It goes on longer than that. No PL side have lost more games in 2021

SkyBlueMatt

No chance Villa will come in for him. He'd go if they did but they'll be looking elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread