Wilson scores again (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Grendel

How's bakes doing?

ccfctommy

I'm pleased for him, Cov lad and that (Grendel bite time) but I couldn't give a fuck really. Why is this even a thread?

I swear we used o have an other football board.

The England squad is announced on Monday. Woy has a penchant for the odd leftfield selection (Jamie Vardy anyone?) Could Wilson be picked?

skybluetony176

Bakes certainly seem to have quite an effect on several posters.

None more than Grendull it seems. Given that we're talking about Wilson. Still, if I was a SISU cock sucker I'd probably want to change the subject too eh Grendull ;)

Last edited:

Sbarcher

Had a silly bet he would be top Prem scorer. He will win me £500 so fingers crossed he stays fit and scoring.

Grendel

None more than Grendull it seems. Given that we're talking about Wilson. Still, if I was a SISU cock sucker I'd probably want to change the subject too eh Grendull ;)

We have a sell on clause and yes we were right to sell him.

Grendel

The sell on clause. You clearly know jack about the transfer because you think we were right to sell him for one of the low offers we received for him.

The transfer was the only option as it was the highest bid.

No premier league team valued him. There is zero proof you can ever offer he would have improved the following season with no Leon Clarke. Furthermore he once the offer was made wanted the move. He was gone.
Under Presley and de motivated his form could have slumped. He could have been injured.

You can't value any player on hindsight - actually not hindsight as you are valuing him in a different team and different leagues.

Hindsight was when the club turned down a bit for a player under sisu tenure and regretted it.

As for the sell on clause that was confirmed by Ashbyjan when the question was raised at an SCG meeting

skybluetony176

The transfer was the only option as it was the highest bid.

No premier league team valued him. There is zero proof you can ever offer he would have improved the following season with no Leon Clarke. Furthermore he once the offer was made wanted the move. He was gone.
Under Presley and de motivated his form could have slumped. He could have been injured.

You can't value any player on hindsight - actually not hindsight as you are valuing him in a different team and different leagues.

Hindsight was when the club turned down a bit for a player under sisu tenure and regretted it.

As for the sell on clause that was confirmed by Ashbyjan when the question was raised at an SCG meeting

It wasn't the only option. Just because it was the highest bid doesn't mean it was a fair price for a player either of the quality he had already shown or the clear potential that he displays. Bournemouth probably still can't believe they got him for such a low bid. Even more so now.

Truth is you just don't want to admit it. You've even tried playing his form down in other threads in the second half of his last season for us in the past conveniently forgetting he missed a large part of the second half of the season through injury.

If you were to say it was a good deal at the time I'd say you wouldn't know a quality player if it smacked you square between the eyes. To keep on saying it I'd say you're ignorant of the facts. You can't even bring yourself to say, yes with the benefiting of hindsight it was clearly a bad deal for us and a bargain for Bournemouth.

I hope Jan is right and there is a sell on clause. At least we might actually be able to recoup some of the losses from what was a poor deal for the club and used to fill the losses that our investors were supposed to cover from poor decision making for the club. Let's just hope it goes to TM and not the "not real debt" that incurs interest.

Chipfat

He has done really well in a very short space of time, stepped up to every level he plays at, shows just how good he is... I'm not sure if international level is a step too far, but not be shocked if he got a few caps along the way.... I thought from the off he was a really good player,, movement, pace, finishing and power is a very good list of attributes to have at your disposal and makes it hard to fail..

As for selling we had no option, he wanted the life changing contract and challenge,, what we should of done better with was the price and more importantly how we can learn from the mistake..

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
It wasn't the only option. Just because it was the highest bid doesn't mean it was a fair price for a player either of the quality he had already shown or the clear potential that he displays. Bournemouth probably still can't believe they got him for such a low bid. Even more so now.

Truth is you just don't want to admit it. You've even tried playing his form down in other threads in the second half of his last season for us in the past conveniently forgetting he missed a large part of the second half of the season through injury.

If you were to say it was a good deal at the time I'd say you wouldn't know a quality player if it smacked you square between the eyes. To keep on saying it I'd say you're ignorant of the facts. You can't even bring yourself to say, yes with the benefiting of hindsight it was clearly a bad deal for us and a bargain for Bournemouth.

I hope Jan is right and there is a sell on clause. At least we might actually be able to recoup some of the losses from what was a poor deal for the club and used to fill the losses that our investors were supposed to cover from poor decision making for the club. Let's just hope it goes to TM and not the "not real debt" that incurs interest.

You seem very reluctant to acknowledge there is a sell on clause?

Grendel

I see. So you can provide evidence that he would have improved further in league one under Steven Presley?

I admit that you are an expert in football. Your view Tony Mowbray is a nobody is a level of expertise shared by.....you

As for "I hope Jan is right" it was said and minuted by Waggott. It's right - Barnsley fans seem are more measured bunch and are applauding the decision to sell a player for £2 million whose value is now miles greater that wilsons. Still I guess they may not think Tony Mowbray is a nobody unemployable above this level of football.

Grendel

NorthernWisdom

I hope he does get an England call up and go all of the way too!

Likewise. And Pressley did have choices - his preferred formation was 1 up front, he only switched to 2 when he saw how Wilson and Clarke could play with each other. Not like we haven't had a glut of mediocre central midfielders that would have allowed 5 in midfield without being forced to play Wilson.

skybluetony176

Oh, just as you are telling others they don't know anything about it I assumed you would know it all?

Or, you are trying to imply the sell on clause is bullshit.

It was a shit deal for the club and anyone who says otherwise either knows jack about football or at least less than me (which admittedly isn't a lot) or are just ignorant to the facts.

Have the club ever officially disclosed the details of the deal? Not to my knowledge. The best we've heard speculated is £2M rising to £3M. Does this mean we have a sell on clause so if they sell we have £1M coming our way or is it linked to appearances, promotion etc. Have we already received any other money due from the deal? Did this make up any of TM current budget? Is there a windfall to come?

Like I said. I asked the question if anyone was even sure we have a sell on clause?

Grendel

It was a shit deal for the club and anyone who says otherwise either knows jack about football or at least less than me (which admittedly isn't a lot) or are just ignorant to the facts.

Have the club ever officially disclosed the details of the deal? Not to my knowledge. The best we've heard speculated is £2M rising to £3M. Does this mean we have a sell on clause so if they sell we have £1M coming our way or is it linked to appearances, promotion etc. Have we already received any other money due from the deal? Did this make up any of TM current budget? Is there a windfall to come?

Like I said. I asked the question if anyone was even sure we have a sell on clause?

As I said. Barnsley fans on their forum seem a far more intelligent and knowledgable bunch compared to some of the idiots on here who have an embarrassing lack of knowledge how football operates.

Nick

Administrator

Pretty sure it's been disclosed in multiple places about the sell on clause hasn't it?

How many transfers and clubs fully disclose every clause in the deal?

Nick

Administrator
Probably because I don't know there is one. I don't know if you noticed but I did ask the question a page or two back.

Or because you would love for there not to be so you can whinge?

even when told the answer you don't seem to want to accept it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We received a 6 figure sum when Bournemouth were promoted apparently, we have a sell on clause and don't know what the other clauses are.

The club have never disclosed the official details of the deal which is the norm now with 99.9% of transfers in world football.

Users who are viewing this thread