Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Saturday 16th Mar (1 Viewer)

wingy

Can honestly say I don’t even notice whether it’s a woman or man commentating, maybe playing FIFA has normalised it? Really don’t get the meltdowns. There’s good and bad commentators, all the local radio ones on iFollow are men and the vast majority are fucking awful and certainly worse than the average national broadcaster female presenter.
The sky guy eulogies!

baldy

Saying women are bad commentators isn't sexist?

There's people at work who are bad at their jobs who are women & other women say they're useless too - being sexist doesn't cross anybodys mind when saying it - what an odd comment

curly_tom

How can you not notice their OTT excitement when a player just crosses into the area for example? They're bloody awful
"they're bloody awful" Have I misunderstood?

Who do you think I'm trying to impress? Am I virtue-signalling?

baldy

"they're bloody awful" Have I misunderstood?

Who do you think I'm trying to impress? Am I virtue-signalling?

Stop being thick ffs - I was referring to another post - they are bloody awful - like other male commentators too which I've already said - weird take

fernandopartridge

Morrison is one of the better pundits - he's much better informed than many and does his research.

Agree with the general point though, the women are no better but in part that's because they tend to mimic the shit male pundits, e.g. all saying "For me" all the bastard time.

curly_tom

Stop being thick ffs - I was referring to another post - they are bloody awful - like other male commentators too which I've already said - weird take
Ok sure. I'm the thick one here. You know what you said and what you meant. I will leave it here

JAM See

It will be the least interesting of the 4 for TV, so a female frenzy on commentary and punditry

I'm in no way insinuating that correlation equals causation.

Just saying.

Old Warwickshire lad

Bobby will snap him at some point down their left. He'll be rolling around like Neymar. Nailed on yellow card.

It's 4/1 - like printing money that.

In fact I've just stuck £20 on it.
That’s one thing worrying me edgy. One badly mistimed tackle at high speed, and their player rolling round like he’s been shot.
Can see straight red instead of yellow, and game kin over.

itsabuzzard

Can honestly say I don’t even notice whether it’s a woman or man commentating, maybe playing FIFA has normalised it? Really don’t get the meltdowns. There’s good and bad commentators, all the local radio ones on iFollow are men and the vast majority are fucking awful and certainly worse than the average national broadcaster female presenter.
Clive and Oggy being the honourable exceptions.

edgy

That’s one thing worrying me edgy. One badly mistimed tackle at high speed, and their player rolling round like he’s been shot.
Can see straight red instead of yellow, and game kin over.

Bobby's got it in him - needs to be extra careful with VAR watching.

Users who are viewing this thread