Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Saturday 16th Mar (3 Viewers)

robbiethemole

we should go all out for this game, as we have 2 weeks off after so all fit players should be involved, no whinging about fatigue and needing breathers. we might need a bit of luck but if we play hard and quick, we can catch them out and our corners will be key as they don't have a first choice cb available

JAM See

we should go all out for this game, as we have 2 weeks off after so all fit players should be involved, no whinging about fatigue and needing breathers. we might need a bit of luck but if we play hard and quick, we can catch them out and our corners will be key as they don't have a first choice cb available
It's the FA cup.

Quarter final no less.

Yes, we should definitely go all out.

I reckon the play offs are just beyond us, but even if not, with a fortnight off, we should go balls for glory at Molineaux.

Covkid1968#

Can’t be arsed to read all the comments and the thread has lost its way with all the sexist Shenanigans.

So is Torp injured ?

long way home

Very quiet on Torp but cant see him being risked if they is any doubt on his fitness. He will be needed along with Allen fir the league run in.

I can see MVE, Sheaf and COH starting this one.

Otis

Said before, I have had dreams come true and last night I dreamt about this cup game.

In the dream, visitors came round and I missed the first 16 mins. I switched it on and we were already 3-1 down and Ben White had been sent off. We were giving it a right old go though.

Then I woke up, but you never know. Could be something in it, especially if Arsenal terminate White's contract and we sign him as a free agent tomorrow.

He can't be cup tied, because the dream said he was playing.

We were definitely still in with a very good chance.

You heard it here first. 👍

Brighton Sky Blue

Said before, I have had dreams come true and last night I dreamt about this cup game.

In the dream, visitors came round and I missed the first 16 mins. I switched it on and we were already 3-1 down and Ben White had been sent off. We were giving it a right old go though.

Then I woke up, but you never know. Could be something in it, especially if Arsenal terminate White's contract and we sign him as a free agent tomorrow.

In mine we lost 3-0 and Jude Bellingham was playing for Wolves…

Boicey

This game seems to have less excitement about it than previous cup games. A weird one.
Where’s all the people that think the FA cup is more important than getting promoted?
I hope the players have their dander up…..

Macca

This game seems to have less excitement about it than previous cup games. A weird one.
Where’s all the people that think the FA cup is more important than getting promoted?

Probably the draw. Grotty venue and let’s be honest a rudimentary win for Wolves unless something crazy happens

Terry_dactyl

I once had a dream that we won the World Cup. Ben White did not feature, although I expect he’d have been too young at at the time.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Kelly to play then.

EalingSB

Just got on the plane at Geneva wearing a Cov training top. An old guy stops me and says: 'Is that the City badge?'. I said yes and I'm going back for the Wolves game. I asked him if he's a Cov fan and he replied: 'I played for Cov under Jimmy Hill, Bobby Smith.' I said I'd have a chat with him during the flight. Lovely moment.

standupforcity

Just got on the plane at Geneva wearing a Cov training top. An old guy stops me and says: 'Is that the City badge?'. I said yes and I'm going back for the Wolves game. I asked him if he's a Cov fan and he replied: 'I played for Cov under Jimmy Hill, Bobby Smith.' I said I'd have a chat with him during the flight. Lovely moment.
Strange...Google says he died in 2010....and another bobby Smith who's still alive (80)...never played for City...

SkyBlueChris

Just seen hes signed a new contract at Arsenal, I did check the bottom of the article to see if they had loaned him out to us but no mention of it... probably just keeping the team under wraps until closer to match time 😁!

procdoc

I’m struggling to get excited. Maybe it’s because I’m expecting a drab performance. I’m sure when I’m on the way to the ground I’ll feel better about it!

Boicey

Nothing odd about it. Women would go mental if a male pundit was used.
There is a general push to promote the game to a female audience and to develop the women’s game. Suits broadcasters and football to have more people interested.
So it’s not really that surprising.

Offhegoes

I’m struggling to get excited. Maybe it’s because I’m expecting a drab performance. I’m sure when I’m on the way to the ground I’ll feel better about it!
If we'd had this game after the Leicester win, it would be a different matter. Since then we've had the Sakamoto, Allen & Sheaf injuries, lost 3 games against our play-off rivals, and the performances have been questionable at times (even during the wins)

Boicey

If we'd had this game after the Leicester win, it would be a different matter. Since then we've had the Sakamoto, Allen & Sheaf injuries, lost 3 games against our play-off rivals, and the performances have been questionable at times (even during the wins)
Yeah yeah but it’s more important than getting promoted.
…or maybe it isn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread