Women's World Cup 2023 (2 Viewers)

1ccfc

More than anything, it looks like the team need a rest before the next game. We never really got going today, and looked second best all over.

Skyblueweeman

I would be extremely surprised if she doesn't get handed a 3 match ban, meaning she'll take no further part in the tournament. Mind you, a one-match ban would see to that - i can't see England getting through with that type of performance!
It's a one game ban currently I believe but FIFA could extend.

Otis

It's a one game ban currently I believe but FIFA could extend.
Yeah, I doubt they will though. I think if she really stamped, she would get a 3 game ban, but she sort of trod on her didn't she.

I've seen much worse, but that's not to say that, that today was anything other than a red card. It was a sending off all day long.

I would expect just the one game ban, but with FiFA, who knows

David O'Day

Yeah, I doubt they will though. I think if she really stamped, she would get a 3 game ban, but she sort of trod on her didn't she.

I've seen much worse, but that's not to say that, that today was anything other than a red card. It was a sending off all day long.

I would expect just the one game ban, but with FiFA, who knows
Why? A stamp is a stamp, it was a proper nasty sly one as well. 3 game ban all over it, she knows exactly what she is doing and stamped on her.

Is an intentional stamp end of story.

Otis

They looked at it for a while with var so she might get lucky with just 1 game ban as not too blatantly dangerous.
Agree and don't agree that a stamp is a stamp.

I have seen stamps where the player has come down with real force on the back of an opponent. Really stamped.

You couldn't compare that level to what James did I don't think.

If she had come down really hard, she would have really hurt the defender.

David O'Day

Agree and don't agree that a stamp is a stamp.

I have seen stamps where the player has come down with real force on the back of an opponent. Really stamped.

You couldn't compare that level to what James did I don't think.

If she had come down really hard, she would have really hurt the defender.
That doesn't matter, a stamp is according to the rules

Otis

To be honest though, I have just watched it again in slo mo, where it looks much worse.

It could well be a 3 game ban. Looks so much worse in slo mo than in real time.

David O'Day

To be honest though, I have just watched it again in slo mo, where it looks much worse.

It's a 3 game ban in the PL as any stamp is classed violent conduct and that is what the ref said she was upgrading it to

Skyblueweeman

I think she'll get the 3 game ban as before the 'stamp', it looked as though she gave her a boot in the privates before stepping on her.

It was definitely intentional. I'd be surprised if FIFA don't add at least one onto it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Feel sorry for Nigeria as they were the better team.

I don't think we've looked that good in any of the games this tournament to be honest

oakey

Slo-mo replays in VAR are ruining the game. Things look deliberate and calculated in slow motion. Decisions should be reviewed at full speed. If you can't prove the referee's decision was wrong at full speed it stands.

David O'Day

Slo-mo replays in VAR are ruining the game. Things look deliberate and calculated in slow motion. Decisions should be reviewed at full speed. If you can't prove the referee's decision was wrong at full speed it stands.
good job James' red car was nailed on even when you see it in real time

Otis

You're right. Things do nearly always seem worse when slowed down.

For that penalty incident, when you saw it at real speed, no way was it anything close to looking like a penalty. I had zero idea why the ref gave it.

It was only when you slowed it right down that it looked like the defender may have barged into Daly.

And hie many slo mo replays did the ref need for James' one?

It was a clear red. No idea why she took so long going over it

covcity4life

Colombia is gonna be tough. It's good for the game that even with USA and Norway out still good teams left. Countries are improving everywhere

Japan impressed me

Spain
Netherlands
France

All capable of winning. Sweden despit shaving worse team in ages apparently also look solid.

Only team I expect not too win it is Australia despite home field advantage.

Should be exciting till the end. Hopefully England can do it.

Otis

Colombia is gonna be tough. It's good for the game that even with USA and Norway out still good teams left. Countries are improving everywhere

Japan impressed me

Spain
Netherlands
France

All capable of winning. Sweden despit shaving worse team in ages apparently also look solid.

Only team I expect not too win it is Australia despite home field advantage.

Should be exciting till the end. Hopefully England can do it.
I look forwards to seeing the shaving Swedes.

Users who are viewing this thread