Would promotion be a good thing under SISU? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I don't quite agree with you there.
I think they would like the club to be better than just self financing, they want to show a profit as this pushes the sale price up.
I also think they'll be looking at asset realisation to achieve this objective, this may mean selling players and Ryton before they exit the club.
I don't think for a minute they are interested in being guardians of CCFC.

You would hope any new buyer would see that they have sold things off which is why the profit is there for that year and take that into consideration?

If somebody is going to say "ay up, this club is making shit loads of profit" and not realise, I'd be even more worried.

dongonzalos

Agree, we don't have NOPM, we have a hybrid of both and probably the worst of both worlds. I still don't believe that if no one attended they would sell the club, what evidence of that is there? We have seen us relegated 3 times (2 under their leadership) and nothing has changed. If no one turned up they would probably be forced to sell our talent and any potential assets we have i.e. Ryton etc. which would probably put us down into non league.

I think they have an exit strategy and your probably right its pending on any outcome of the legal proceedings but equally they will have a figure in mind to exit CCFC but I think they would expect their pound of flesh before doing so.

The contracts, a lot of players are signed up to 2 year contracts. This is paid for predominately through ticket sales.
They would then have to pay for this themselves.
If they cut their cloth with no fans we get relegated and you lose the golden share.
Again massively devaluing what they had to sell.
If they thought they were going to be facing a genuine NOMP.
They would relinquishing the club.
However it’s a bit of a pointless chat as a true NOMP can’t happen.
If we get promoted this season season ticket sales will go up to 6-7k.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

You would hope any new buyer would see that they have sold things off which is why the profit is there for that year and take that into consideration?

If somebody is going to say "ay up, this club is making shit loads of profit" and not realise, I'd be even more worried.

Yes I agree. Unless the players sales are consistent and are of the Wilson, Maddison mould.
As in look the club plays for itself but each year we produce one of these and then you get some decent profit.
However we are not producing one of them each year plus you get the odd one who buggers off before they even get a place in the first 11.

Last edited:

oucho

Of course promotion would be a good thing, regardless of the owners!

Gazolba

If we get promoted, we'll only be where we were last season, so it's hardly progress.
Of course, it's preferable to the alternative.
If we get relegated from the football league, the's no way we will continue to play at the Ricoh.

Adge

If we get promoted, we'll only be where we were last season, so it's hardly progress.
Of course, it's preferable to the alternative.
If we get relegated from the football league, the's no way we will continue to play at the Ricoh.
And that could be the end of this season ref Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread