Would you recall JOB? (2 Viewers)

ClarkeZ

The Kent situation is completely different. He was on loan, his loan ran out and they took him back.

With JOB we have let him go on loan because TM doesn't want him here, or doesn't feel he fits in with our plans.

Two completely different scenarios. Fine wanting to get Kent back because TM didn't want him to leave in the first place.

JOB done here because either TM doesn't want him here, or JOB doesn't want to be here.

Completely different.

And that means we are not allowed to discuss hypothetical situations why?

But the different scenarios is precisely my point, if JOB and/or TM got over the issue that caused JOB to go out on loan then he could return and play. It is a possibility. I'm just struggling to understand the fervent way in which you wont let anyone discuss a possible situation.
You've made your view very clear, 8 times in a 4 page thread. Ease off, others are allowed to speak. It is a technical possibility as we are the parent club, so people want to discuss it, if you are that against the discussion just don't open the thread.

SkyBlueZack

It's a possibility with zero chance of happening. Did you not read what TM said at the evening with him? It was quite damning. It's over but tell you what when we miss out on play offs we can all say because JOB wasn't recalled. Could even have another thread for it?

#JOBDAY

nmp2327

Why are we always so obsessed with an individual player who leaves us. Recently Baker now JOB, lets move on we look at these players through rose coloured glasses. Yes their work ethic appeared good but come on really, consider how many times they will have frustrated you with their actual style of play and ineffective they were more often than not. Come on look forward not backwards for the solutions.

Hobo

The trouble with threads discussing hyperthetical situations is we may as well discuss our chances of promotion if we had signed Messi Suarez and Aguero.

Moff

The trouble with threads discussing hyperthetical situations is we may as well discuss our chances of promotion if we had signed Messi Suarez and Aguero.

I dont know Hobo, even if we had them up front we may still be discussing whether Ricketts needs a rest, if Cole is over the hill or if Maddison dives more than Tom Daley. ;)

CCFC88

I couldn't give a shit if he was a bad influence in the dressing room. All we should care about it is what his influence is on the pitch, and that one was a good one.

Who cares if he told Chris Stokes that he didn't like his hand bag?

We've had a lot of lacklustre performances which JOB would be shouting at everyone in throughout. That's more than Mowbray does, so I imagine that's why their approaches clashed.

We need him back, and it isn't impossible. All we need is a few banners around the stadium and sing song for him, and he'll be back down the motorway in a jiffy!

Come on mate, think about what you are saying, of course what goes on in the dressing room transpires onto the pitch.

Unhappy dressing room = Mourinho losing his job and Chelsea scrapping away in 15th/16th most of season
Happy dressing room = Leicester City running away with the league.

It is so important that you have players playing who actually want to play for the club, Im not for one moment suggesting that Maddison and Fleck are playing like they want to be at the club, but dragging JOB away from his wife and family would not be beneficial in my opinion.

Oh and banners and songs, please let me know when you plan to do that, I for one would love to see it.

Otis

Why are we always so obsessed with an individual player who leaves us. Recently Baker now JOB, lets move on we look at these players through rose coloured glasses. Yes their work ethic appeared good but come on really, consider how many times they will have frustrated you with their actual style of play and ineffective they were more often than not. Come on look forward not backwards for the solutions.
Yep and the more we talk about them the better they become in our memories.

ClarkeZ

Yep and the more we talk about them the better they become in our memories.

This is the point though. In other situations it's players who have been sold or left the club. JOB is on loan and we are the parent club. He is still technically our player, regardless of his situation with TM.

There's a discussion over whether or not his intensity would benefit us. You can't tell me we aren't lacking desperately in those areas right now?

ClarkeZ

This is the point though. In other situations it's players who have been sold or left the club. JOB is on loan and we are the parent club. He is still technically our player, regardless of his situation with TM.

There's a discussion over whether or not his intensity would benefit us. You can't tell me we aren't lacking desperately in those areas right now?

I'm not saying he's a perfect player or he's the be all - end all solution to our problems. But i rated him and find it a shame he's not in the squad. I'd like to know more serious facts about the squad influence and issues with TM that people allude to.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Do you honestly think if he was a bad influence in the dressing room that wouldn't then be transposed and manifest itself out on the pitch?

Sounds rather naive that.

A happy, spirited, cohesive dressing room is key to a good team out on the pitch.

Listen to managers, the likes of Kenny Dalglish, who said that team spirit in the dressing room at Blackburn was absolutely huge in their being able to win the title!

It's a massive factor.

I don't know whether JOB was a bad influence or not here,, but if he was, I wouldn't want him within 200 miles of this club.

No. What's naive is to believe that absolutely everything the manager says is gospel, and therefore brainwashing oneself to believe it over everything else.

Mowbray says Kent is the missing ingredient, suddenly everyone agrees. Go back on the threads from December and you'll have a lot of people saying how frustrating he is and shouldn't be in the team for his lack of end product.

Mowbray says Jim was a bad influence, suddenly no one thinks he should be missed. Game after game his presence only improved the work effort and cohesion of the team. We are without doubt a weaker team without him.

Mowbray says jump off a cliff. See where I'm going here?

As I've said before, Mowbray didn't like him and didn't want to play him. He was getting stick for not playing him so sending him out on loan and stating afterwards that he was a bad influence was a very cheeky way to stop people asking questions.

CCFC88

No. What's naive is to believe that absolutely everything the manager says is gospel, and therefore brainwashing oneself to believe it over everything else.

Mowbray says Kent is the missing ingredient, suddenly everyone agrees. Go back on the threads from December and you'll have a lot of people saying how frustrating he is and shouldn't be in the team for his lack of end product.

Mowbray says Jim was a bad influence, suddenly no one thinks he should be missed. Game after game his presence only improved the work effort and cohesion of the team. We are without doubt a weaker team without him.

Mowbray says jump off a cliff. See where I'm going here?

As I've said before, Mowbray didn't like him and didn't want to play him. He was getting stick for not playing him so sending him out on loan and stating afterwards that he was a bad influence was a very cheeky way to stop people asking questions.

Any proof that mowbray didnt like him? Or do you just think that because he didnt start him?

He didnt start him because he didnt fit the way Mowbray wanted to play.

ClarkeZ

Any proof that mowbray didnt like him? Or do you just think that because he didnt start him?

He didnt start him because he didnt fit the way Mowbray wanted to play.

There's also no real evidence that he was such a negative influence on the team either, though. Which is what a lot of people seem to base judgement on. Would be good to really know more from inside the dressing room!

Pipehitterz

I actually didn't rate him that highly

So joy to the world ANOTHER JOB thread

You fan boy's were calling him player of the season after 15 games , and he'd only started half those and didn't make the squad on a couple occasions .

He was also here during mostly , our bad patch , and when recalled to the starting line up he didn't look interested.

1 goal this season is not enough from the Cov messI (sic )

And even the fan boys have to acknowledge this fact , MAF has now had 4 motm's this season ,,JOB never got one .

Please can we leave this alone now , he definitely wasn't the player y'all perceived him to be, he was a c**t in the changing room apparently , and he wanted to leave . They're the facts

CCFC88

There's also no real evidence that he was such a negative influence on the team either, though. Which is what a lot of people seem to base judgement on. Would be good to really know more from inside the dressing room!

Agreed, but as we all know, this is hypothetical, should we bring him back or not?

For me the answer has to be simply no as it cannot it anyway be beneficial to us.

He won MOTM for Scunny on Saturday I read somewhere, what does that tell you? He is happy where he is, playing in a team that plays to his strengths at a club he probably feels he would like to spend next season at.

Why on earth would he be happy and therefore give 110% after being brought back here for 2 months to live away from his family once again, living in a hotel room to be brought on for 30 mins when we need an injection of pace knowing that any misplaced pass is going to be hounded by the masses.

Leave him be and get over it. This is a topic that probably isnt in TM's mind, JOB's mind or anybody football minded at the club, why it has drawn such a response on here is beyond me.

Sky Blue Kid

[h=4]Story Link: 'Utterly bizarre decision' Coventry City fans react to Jim O'Brien leaving for Scunthorpe United on loan[/h] “Everyone has got their favourite players but bottom line Maddison, Cole, Murphy, Armstrong were the four at the weekend and we managed to get a positive result and Jim was sitting on the bench and he’s not happy to sit on the bench.
“For me, as a coach, I need a team that is 100 per cent with us all the time. The group has to be strong and positive and his personality isn’t that sort of lad where he accepts not playing without grumbling or being unhappy.” ...............This tells me he was disruptive in the dressing room.

SkyBlueZack

Probably unhappy Murphy started ahead of him. Cue Earlsdon Sky Blue agreeing with him. Murphy is slated, yet more goals and assists. Offers a threat with his pace. Potential match winner. Belongs to a premiership club. JOB, got a beard and runs around a lot, hero!

#JOBDAY

Last edited:

ccfctommy

I actually didn't rate him that highly

So joy to the world ANOTHER JOB thread

You fan boy's were calling him player of the season after 15 games , and he'd only started half those and didn't make the squad on a couple occasions .

He was also here during mostly , our bad patch , and when recalled to the starting line up he didn't look interested.

1 goal this season is not enough from the Cov messI (sic )

And even the fan boys have to acknowledge this fact , MAF has now had 4 motm's this season ,,JOB never got one .

Please can we leave this alone now , he definitely wasn't the player y'all perceived him to be, he was a c**t in the changing room apparently , and he wanted to leave . They're the facts

I've seen him play well and poor. But you can never knock his commitment on the park. He offers something different to Pink Boots Lameiras and Headband. He is also 4th highest assists in the league this season.

JOB is no world beater but he is a decent player at this level. I would recall him or at least ask him to return. The comparison with MAF doesn't stack up as he has only played 2 or 3 decent games...

Gazolba

Mowbray is the definition of stubborn so I cannot see it happening.

ms639

I think the fact there is now 6 pages of comments on this thread is a fair indication that it was worthwhile as a topic of discussion despite otis making clear around 10 times that he thought it wasn't

ClarkeZ

I think the fact there is now 6 pages of comments on this thread is a fair indication that it was worthwhile as a topic of discussion despite otis making clear around 10 times that he thought it wasn't

Well, we will have to remove an entire page of the thread to account for that. So we'll have to call it closer to 5 pages...

skybluetony176

Not for me. Can't see anything improving if he returns. Plus Scunthorpe have to play Barnsley and Bradford yet so he may be more useful to us in an opposition team playing some of the teams around us.

Grendel

Of course it's worth discussing. It's nothing like Baker as he is still contracted to us.

It's a discussion than looks at mowbrays judgement or lack of it.

Otis

I'm sure it was only 5 or 6. :)

Otis

Of course it's worth discussing. It's nothing like Baker as he is still contracted to us.

It's a discussion than looks at mowbrays judgement or lack of it.
Depends on how you look at it.

Quite clear to me that unless Mowbray is sacked, there is no way on this earth that JOB is coming back.

May well be a loan, but he's a goner.

Grendel

Depends on how you look at it.

Quite clear to me that unless Mowbray is sacked, there is no way on this earth that JOB is coming back.

May well be a loan, but he's a goner.

Which again leads to follow up questions regarding Mowbray and his judgement.

Otis

Which again leads to follow up questions regarding Mowbray and his judgement.
Well yes, I fully accept that part of the argument. I find that an entirely different question though as to whether JOB should come back, cos for me, he simply isn't.

I am not sure if TM was right or wrong. Depends whether JOB was disruptive to team morale or not I guess, but whatever anyone says, the last few matches he was here JOB just wasn't the same player.

To my mind he went from one of my favourites to merely, meh!

Otis

And I would also say that for me, it is very difficult to question Mowbray's judgement on this, as we are pretty much guessing as to what went on.

If TM had an united dressing room apart from JOB, then of course he was right to loan him out.

If it was just a clash of personalities, then maybe TM should swallow his pride.

It's all guesswork though isn't it. I really find it hard to criticise the manager based on information we are simply not fully privvy to.

Users who are viewing this thread