Would you recall JOB? (4 Viewers)

Grendel

And I would also say that for me, it is very difficult to question Mowbray's judgement on this, as we are pretty much guessing as to what went on.

If TM had an united dressing room apart from JOB, then of course he was right to loan him out.

If it was just a clash of personalities, then maybe TM should swallow his pride.

It's all guesswork though isn't it. I really find it hard to criticise the manager based on information we are simply not fully privvy to.

The only reason there is any suggestion there is a disruptive dressing room from JOB is straight from the managers mouth as a justification for his decision.

There is no other evidence whatsoever. It's poor management to use media sources to make these sort of claims. It's exactly the same kind of nonsense we received from Pressley.

It's abysmal management to not internally address this and, if for the good of the team the player is a benefit, to resolve the situation.

The fact is O Brien was another attacking midfielder that was frozen out due to the Cole Experiment. As a club we have had to accommodate him. When he's fit he plays, when he isn't he can sit at home. What you really need to ask is what sort of message that sends to players.

Why you single out a handful of games where you claim that he wasn't the same defeats me. As you only go to home games how many games has cole had any impact? Yet when available he plays. Is that strong assertive management would you say?

I wouldn't. I've had enough. Unless by some miracle he turns round his own bungling he's no longer fit for purpose and has to go.

Otis

The only reason there is any suggestion there is a disruptive dressing room from JOB is straight from the managers mouth as a justification for his decision.

There is no other evidence whatsoever. It's poor management to use media sources to make these sort of claims. It's exactly the same kind of nonsense we received from Pressley.

It's abysmal management to not internally address this and, if for the good of the team the player is a benefit, to resolve the situation.

The fact is O Brien was another attacking midfielder that was frozen out due to the Cole Experiment. As a club we have had to accommodate him. When he's fit he plays, when he isn't he can sit at home. What you really need to ask is what sort of message that sends to players.

Why you single out a handful of games where you claim that he wasn't the same defeats me. As you only go to home games how many games has cole had any impact? Yet when available he plays. Is that strong assertive management would you say?

I wouldn't. I've had enough. Unless by some miracle he turns round his own bungling he's no longer fit for purpose and has to go.
I don't believe I have singled out a few games. For me JOB used to be the first name on the team sheet. Near the end of his tenure here he just didn't seem to be the same player for us.

I do think TM was wrong to publicly say what he did. I did find it quite odd.

As for Cole, I agree that he has had nowhere near enough of the impact that was expected of him. I wouldn't swap him for JOB though.

I think I would have both players on the bench. JOB seemed very out of form in the games I had seen.

Otis

how did we struggle with him for the previous 3 months?
Selective memories.

By the the end of next week he will have had the speed of a gazelle, the trickery of Stanley Matthews, the football brain of Bobby Moore, the goal scoring prowess of Alan Shearer and the strength of Hercules.

We struggled with him and are continuing to struggle without him.

johnwillomagic

Probably say no given that he would want to play in the attacking 3 in formation and do not think
TM will stick him ahead of options already available to us rightly or wrongly we have enough bodies
to fight for attacking 3 - especially chucking in Jones into the equation to if he make squad.

Options: Rose, Lameiras, Maddison, Murphy, Jones, Cole, Hunt,

7 already without adding Tudguy and MAF who have also played in that role too... we have enough.

Grendel

Selective memories.

By the the end of next week he will have had the speed of a gazelle, the trickery of Stanley Matthews, the football brain of Bobby Moore, the goal scoring prowess of Alan Shearer and the strength of Hercules.

We struggled with him and are continuing to struggle without him.

I suggest you look at some facts. If we are saying the slump started in late October we have lost two games he featured in since then in the league - and one of those I believe he was withdrawn while we were not losing.

johnwillomagic

I get your point Grendel but looking at our squad balance we have a lot doing the same thing without him - even
if you take your fave Cole out of the equation! Think we could use his wages to bring in some defensive cover
where we are lacking numbers far more?

Pipehitterz

I suggest you look at some facts. If we are saying the slump started in late October we have lost two games he featured in since then in the league - and one of those I believe he was withdrawn while we were not losing.

ooooo
so all those draws against shit teams dont count?

i get the sbt way of thinking now

fuck me, if you lot had your way we'd have baker on on wing, job on the other, reda on a crutch in defence alongside haynes at leftback and conor tomas through the middle

Grendel

ooooo
so all those draws against shit teams dont count?

i get the sbt way of thinking now

fuck me, if you lot had your way we'd have baker on on wing, job on the other, reda on a crutch in defence alongside haynes at leftback and conor tomas through the middle

You clearly don't know me very well

Grendel

I get your point Grendel but looking at our squad balance we have a lot doing the same thing without him - even
if you take your fave Cole out of the equation! Think we could use his wages to bring in some defensive cover
where we are lacking numbers far more?

The point is he is an option that offers something the other players don't.

Physically he is a lot stronger than a lot of the other available options and, given he doesn't (rightly) rate Lamaries the options are actually fairly limited.

Cole is a busted flush and should never have signed, Bigiamara wouldn't get in a non league side, Maddison hopelessly out of form, Murphy inconsistent - there are very few real options.

Otis

Ahh, more selective memory! The slump very much included lots of draws didn't it. It wasn't just the defeats.

I suggest you look at some facts.

Otis

I DEFINITELY think you need to look at some facts! Talk about spin!!

Doncaster 2-2 - JOB played the whole 90 mins.

Sheff Utd. 0-1 - JOB started, subbed on 61 mins.

Oldham 1-1 - JOB played the whole 90 mins.

Chesterfield 1-1 - JOB played the whole 90 mins.

And yet, if you wish to flip the coin, Crewe W 5-0 - JOB came on, on 80 mins. Already 4 up.

Walsall 1-1 - JOB subbed on 83 mins (after Walsall scored)

Southend 0-3 - JOB played whole 90 mins.

Scunthorpe 1-2 - JOB came on after 45 mins (with us already 0-1 down. We then went 0-2 down)

Port Vale 1-1 - JOB came on after 80 mins ( we were winning at the time)

Bury 6-0 - JOB didn't play.

Not suggesting JOB was a factor here, but our 2 best wins of the season, Crewe and Bury, JOB didn't even feature in 1 and only came on after 80 mins in the other with us already 4 nil up.

It is you that needs to look at the facts. Would stop you looking rather silly then.

The slump included lots of draws and you know it. And no bias form me here. I was one of JOB's biggest fans.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

Think back when Beckham said SAF kicked a boot at him and cut his eye. Not ONE player spoke up to the media. They are Pros, and taught to say nothing unless given permission by the Club. Because CCFC are a Div 1 Club doesn't mean the players can say what they like!

Hobo

The point is he is an option that offers something the other players don't.

Physically he is a lot stronger than a lot of the other available options and, given he doesn't (rightly) rate Lamaries the options are actually fairly limited.

Cole is a busted flush and should never have signed, Bigiamara wouldn't get in a non league side, Maddison hopelessly out of form, Murphy inconsistent - there are very few real options.

JOB played his part during all of this and like the players you have rightly highlighted, he didn't offer much of an option either. I don't know what has happened off the pitch or at training.....but why should it be Mowbreys fault? JOB seemed as keen to go as Mowbrey wanting him to go.

Users who are viewing this thread