Match Thread Wrexham FA Cup match (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

North stand closed but cash turnstiles 30-35; open . Aren't they in the north stand ? I'm confused.

steve101

This is a potential banana skin. I wonder whether Robins will put a full strength team out or take the opportunity to rest players?

Skyblue_CP

Not a lot of room for manoeuvre here for Robins, he can’t risk the big guns in this. But at the same time doesn’t have the necessary depth to win the game with the second string. Put the kids out and it’s a comfortable win for Wrexham.

stay_up_skyblues

Unlikely he will but I’d be tempted to change formation for this one as well as personnel. Not least to give one of the CBs a rest but also to try something new.

Moore

Kane
Rose
Doyle
Burrows

Kelly
Allen
Howley

Bapaga (think he’s still here?!)

Waghorn
Tavares

I know MR said earlier we want a cup run and no doubt we could do with the money but based purely on the squad depth I wouldn’t be gutted to exit in the third round.

SkyBlueSoul

We're at the stage now where the worst result would probably be a draw, replays have been brought back up to the 4th round this season and the last thing we need is another game in January. Looking at the fixtures it would probably be the midweek between Burnley and Norwich as well, with the 4th round being Sat 28th Jan

pusbccfc

Unlikely he will but I’d be tempted to change formation for this one as well as personnel. Not least to give one of the CBs a rest but also to try something new.

Moore

Kane
Rose
Doyle
Burrows

Kelly
Allen
Howley

Waghorn
Tavares

I know MR said earlier we want a cup run and no doubt we could do with the money but based purely on the squad depth I wouldn’t be gutted to exit in the third round.

Honestly, we lose with that team. There are players there that Wrexham wouldn't touch.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

This is a potential banana skin. I wonder whether Robins will put a full strength team out or take the opportunity to rest players?

Full strength ? We haven't got a full strength squad. Wrexham will be up for this.

pusbccfc

Will be a joy to go to a game where Ben Wilson isn't in goal. Sorry Ben but the distribution is difficult to watch.

Alkhen

Would Mullin be a decent shout at a replacement/backup for Godden? Far too good for the conference & League 2. Proper poacher with great movement. Reportedly on £4500 per week in non league. Bit gross really

Alkhen

Bizarre thoughts here, including being non plussed at losing at home to non league opposition.
We should batter them ... But.. we have lost to worst teams in the cup.

I think the negativity comes from a combo of our downturn in form and the fact they pretty much have a top league 2 standard squad. Poaching players from teams from 2 leagues above. They are also used to winning and it's a big day out for them.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think this is a game we could lose.

They'll be up for it and will be fighting to prove themselves. Our mentality is weak and we don't have enough leaders in the team at the best of times.

I would love to stuff them and their Hollywood bullshit though.

Greggs

Moore

Kane
Rose
Doyle
Burrows

Kelly
Allen
Howley

Waghorn
Tavares

Can I get my money back?

pusbccfc

Would Mullin be a decent shout at a replacement/backup for Godden? Far too good for the conference & League 2. Proper poacher with great movement. Reportedly on £4500 per week in non league. Bit gross really

Probably League 1 level but not Championship. I always liked the look of their other striker, Ollie Palmer. A proper target man.

ccfc1234

Bizarre thoughts here, including being non plussed at losing at home to non league opposition.
After a loss and two poor draws exactly what we don't need going into a tough run of fixtures is a loss to a non league outfit! A good cup run can generate good money and excitement for players and fans.

Adge

Dangerous one this-let’s silence the masses from Wrexham hopefully with a couple of early goals to calm the nerves.

clint van damme

Not going but desperate for the win so I can post the gang get beat 'insert score'

For a zany IASIP reference.

Reactions: AOM

Brighton Sky Blue

Just had a look at tickets sold and it’s not many. I reckon we’ve sold more for Burnley away. Could be embarrassing if Wrexham have more than we do but looks a possibility.
Well it’s not like the post World Cup home games have been a great selling point.

pusbccfc

Just had a look at tickets sold and it’s not many. I reckon we’ve sold more for Burnley away. Could be embarrassing if Wrexham have more than we do but looks a possibility.

The vast majority will buy the night before or on the day.

Alkhen

Shame, all things adding up don't make it that much of an appetizing prospect, it being on telly isn't gonna help. but I can't talk not looking like I'll make it.

Would love a cup run, few and far between nowadays.

Sick Boy

Moore

Kane
Rose
Doyle
Burrows

Kelly
Allen
Howley

Waghorn
Tavares

That team would probably end up losing, which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread