Match Thread Wrexham FA Cup match (7 Viewers)

WestEndAgro

Wrexham at Solihull Moors tomorrow, anyone going on a scouting mission?

Grendel

After a loss and two poor draws exactly what we don't need going into a tough run of fixtures is a loss to a non league outfit! A good cup run can generate good money and excitement for players and fans.

We could end up playing Rotherham away next round and losing - when we lost to Sutton the following week we beat Norwich who were I think in the top 3

there’s no money whatsoever unless you get a lucky away

ccfc1234

We could end up playing Rotherham away next round and losing - when we lost to Sutton the following week we beat Norwich who were I think in the top 3

there’s no money whatsoever unless you get a lucky away
We could end up playing Arsenal away next round or as you put it Rottherham away but winning, getting the half decent 4th round win prize money and greatly enhancing the likely hood of a glamour tie on TV and the revenue and excitement that brings. After 2 poor draws the last thing the players need is to be dumped out by a non league team and all the Hollywood fanfare that would go along with it!

Seaside-Skyblue

We could end up playing Arsenal away next round or as you put it Rottherham away but winning, getting the half decent 4th round win prize money and greatly enhancing the likely hood of a glamour tie on TV and the revenue and excitement that brings. After 2 poor draws the last thing the players need is to be dumped out by a non league team and all the Hollywood fanfare that would go along with it!
Agree. Wins boost confidence regardless of opposition and we've seen how a wins can generate momentum, players start to believe, try more things, express themselves and tend to create a bit of luck for themselves on the pitch. If confidence begins to dip too then having a small squad won't be our only problem.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

I'm sure if we got Man City at home in the next round there would be no problem selling the tickets that you guys wouldn't want

I'd be interested to see what the capacity would be. According to the latest figure it's over 33,000 for the Women's games in the summer.

Considering the away end is limited now and that they've blocked seats in Singers Corner, I bet we couldn't get more than 28,000.

ccfc1234

I'd be interested to see what the capacity would be. According to the latest figure it's over 33,000 for the Women's games in the summer.

Considering the away end is limited now and that they've blocked seats in Singers Corner, I bet we couldn't get more than 28,000.
I would imagine the capacity for Chelsea in the FA cup a few years ago would be the current capacity. Unless the safety bods decide that we need lots of seats creating a no man's land for fans to try and get into to improve the safety!!

pusbccfc

I would imagine the capacity for Chelsea in the FA cup a few years ago would be the current capacity. Unless the safety bods decide that we need lots of seats creating a no man's land for fans to try and get into to improve the safety!!

The safety bods have already said we can't have more than 4500 in the away end and can fill the corner.

ccfc1234

Our fans are rubbish!
Excuses excuses all the bloody time
Just buy a ticket and support the team
Just noticed on the website that fans will get double points for this game vs an away match I.e. Burnley is 10 points. Not bad opportunity at little cost for fans looking to get their points tally up!

Fans receive 20 Priority Points for purchasing for this game.

WrexhamFans

Hi Wrexham fan here - some interesting comments on here.

If you play your first 11 and you play well you win it's that simple.

I see many of your fans ain't bothered by this game, we could have sold 6k for this as this is a free hit for us it will actually be nice to go to a game with no pressure on us, every game we have played this season we have been favourites and with the way the league is going a draw is not good enough anymore.

The National league is a very good standard now the top 6/7 survive L2 with ease the 2 teams that came down last season are terrible and a massively stuggling.

A few of our players could hold there own in the Championship but most a L1/L2 players, we have payed 100k, 300k, 120k, 150k, 200k, 100k, for 6 players and Mullin came on a free and has scored about 23 this season so we wont get smashed.

Using Swansea and Cardiff as a level as I know more about them, the majority of their 2nd string players wouldn't get into our team and I would be very confident of beating them if they played their reserves.

I'd imagine you will make some changes but not major and we will go full strength.

Prediction 1-1 unfortunately which will be a total disaster for both teams.

All the best for the rest of season grew up with Coventry being a premier league team hopefully you can return very soon.

ProfessorbyGrace

I wanna win and want an exciting cup run. Important never to forget why we fell in love with football as kids.
Exactly this. A good cup run would not only boost the coffers, but it’d give the players a lift too.
Our cup run to the Quarter finals in 97-98 might be a distant memory, but being there to pip the Villa at Villa Park was incredible. Different players, different era, but a good cup run can invigorate even a jaded team.

I hope MR puts out a team that can, and should, give Wrexham a beating they won’t forget in a hurry.

covcity4life

Exactly this. A good cup run would not only boost the coffers, but it’d give the players a lift too.
Our cup run to the Quarter finals in 97-98 might be a distant memory, but being there to pip the Villa at Villa Park was incredible. Different players, different era, but a good cup run can invigorate even a jaded team.

I hope MR puts out a team that can, and should, give Wrexham a beating they won’t forget in a hurry.

We made the 5th round and beat a prem team the same season we got promoted from league 2 so it doesnt mean the league campaign must suffer either

Hertsccfc

We made the 5th round and beat a prem team the same season we got promoted from league 2 so it doesnt mean the league campaign must suffer either
Totally agree. We should aim to win the match and playing a weakened team is patronising to Wrexham and devalues the competition. The benefits of winning, or put the other way of not losing to a non league team, outweigh the risks of injuries. We don't have a midweek match so there is not a risk of players playing too many matches.

Grendel

I hope not. I want him to play Moore who keeps a clean sheet and then stays in goal moving forward until we can get some new keepers in.

Moore will play

CV22SBA

I see many of your fans ain't bothered by this game, we could have sold 6k for this as this is a free hit for us it will actually be nice to go to a game with no pressure on us, every game we have played this season we have been favourites and with the way the league is going a draw is not good enough anymore.

The National league is a very good standard now the top 6/7 survive L2 with ease the 2 teams that came down last season are terrible and a massively stuggling.

A few of our players could hold there own in the Championship but most a L1/L2 players, we have payed 100k, 300k, 120k, 150k, 200k, 100k, for 6 players and Mullin came on a free and has scored about 23 this season so we wont get smashed.

Using Swansea and Cardiff as a level as I know more about them, the majority of their 2nd string players wouldn't get into our team and I would be very confident of beating them if they played their reserves.

I'd imagine you will make some changes but not major and we will go full strength.

All the best for the rest of season grew up with Coventry being a premier league team hopefully you can return very soon.
We won’t play our first 11 as we have 3 or 4 of them out injured. We’ll also change our keeper and would imagine we rest Hamer & Gyokeres.

L2 is a poor league but you’re in for a shock if you think your players would walk into a top 10 L1 team including that Mullins. He’s scored goals in L2 and loads in the NL but his record elsewhere is poor. As for paying 100-200K for players and thinking a few of them would make it in the championship is quite amusing. Some players are paid more than that in wages.

Tommo1993

We won’t play our first 11 as we have 3 or 4 of them out injured. We’ll also change our keeper and would imagine we rest Hamer & Gyokeres.

L2 is a poor league but you’re in for a shock if you think your players would walk into a top 10 L1 team including that Mullins. He’s scored goals in L2 and loads in the NL but his record elsewhere is poor. As for paying 100-200K for players and thinking a few of them would make it in the championship is quite amusing. Some players are paid more than that in wages.

Blind confidence. Nothing more.

theferret

Our fans are rubbish!
Excuses excuses all the bloody time
Just buy a ticket and support the team

Bit harsh that. Crowds are ok, currently 8th highest out of 24 Championship clubs.

FA Cup 3rd round crowds for Championship sides, unless they have a glamour tie, are usually shite tbf.

That said, I don't think it will be too bad Saturday. Think there will be 10K+ home fans.

David O'Day

we'll beat you easily in the end and sorry but there is not a chance you have any players that can hold their own in the championship

David O'Day

McNulty scored loads in L2 but was pretty pish at L1 and above

Grendel

McNulty scored loads in L2 but was pretty pish at L1 and above

He scored against premier league stoke didn’t he when as a L2 club we beat them

Grendel

David O'Day

Fair enough but the point still stands. You can’t just assume the better equipped will win. Cup shocks are far more likely now as teams rest players

When we played Sutton we had a pretty much full strength team and still lost
What point?

Your point was McNulty scored against Stoke as some kind of Gotcha to my point that McNulty was great a higher level than their team is and yet was not good above it. It was a reply to the statement they have players than can hold their own at Championship and L1 level.

Set some sleep pal ;)

Matt smith

few people in this thread far too overconfident for my liking.
I think it’ll be a very even game

we’ll rest Gus and vik, probs sheaf

we can’t rotate at centre back 😂

can see it being

Moore
Dabo
Rose
Doyle
Panzo
Burroughs
Allen
Kelly
Waghorn
Palmer
Tavares

Grendel

What point?

Your point was McNulty scored against Stoke as some kind of Gotcha to my point that McNulty was great a higher level than their team is and yet was not good above it. It was a reply to the statement they have players than can hold their own at Championship and L1 level.

Set some sleep pal ;)

Well clearly by you logic then Jack grimmer is - it wasn’t the point - the point was that L2 Coventry beat premier league Stoke

Users who are viewing this thread