Match Thread Wrexham FA Cup match (2 Viewers)

covboy9

People forget where we were a few years ago, we have lost an appalling game and robins has made some mistakes

we are in the league we should be in and doing ok, I am happy with that

pusbccfc

People forget where we were a few years ago, we have lost an appalling game and robins has made some mistakes

we are in the league we should be in and doing ok, I am happy with that

Don't understand this attitude. This isn't a one off, we've been shite since the WC, let's he honest.

It all stems down to the lack of depth.

Macca

Just on the bus back, can I just thank you for a fantastic day. Met a few of your fans before the game and thought you were very welcoming and a great bunch.

Obviously delighted we won. I'm not sure we played that great to be honest. After 60 mins, I felt fairly comfortable, then you absolutely hammered us.
The key was you couldn't defend our set plays even in the National League I ain't seen a team struggle so much.

We started the game with 4 regulars missing, which was a massive surprise as i thought we would have played our best 11. Your 2nd goal gave you a massive lift after Macfadzean fecked about again. He's only playing because of injury but my god he was terrible, then you absolutely trounced us even with 10 men. I thought we were fit but it just shows the difference in standard between NL and Championship.

We just couldn't deal with Gyökeres, I seriously hope he can fire you the PL, he was an absolute nightmare to play against.

All the best!

Have a good night, well deserved

Tommo1993

Haunting that once again the injury fairy has crept in and picked a fringe player this time. If it lands on someone (no offence to Fabio) more important it’s gonna be horrific.

Nuskyblue

Spoke to some Wrexham fans in Dhillons, they asked what we thought the game would go like. I said if we kept the spine of the team in we'd be okay. If we didn't I said that they'd batter us. They sort of did. Felt like an old fashiond upset, fair play to them and their fans. Great day out for them, the Welsh pricks

Brighton Sky Blue

Don't understand this attitude. This isn't a one off, we've been shite since the WC, let's he honest.

It all stems down to the lack of depth.
You take O'Hare and McF out of this side and it goes back to being weak at both ends of the pitch. Really this goes back to the summer and a plain terrible window.

But even taking that to one side at least several players disgraced themselves tonight.

oscillatewildly

Fact is that game didn't tell us anything we didn't already know about our squad. We already knew the where weaknesses and strengths are.
You could play that game 20 times and we'd win 19.
We're out of the FACup at the first hurdle. I won't lose a seconds sleep over that, as far as I'm concerned it pales into insignificance compared to say, dropping 2 points against Swansea or failing to beat Bristol C and Cardiff.
We've got a relegation battle just over the hill. If we survive that it's like winning the cup - and we celebrate it so.

shmmeee

I suppose trying to find a positive at least these players were tried in this game and not a league game

The problem we have is there's so little depth in the squad that unless we go mad and sign about 10 players in the window which obviously isn't going to happen we're only an injury or two from these players being our only option

Its achingly obvious Robins hasn’t got the resources for the job. The first eleven needs another two or three alone and outside of the first eleven we’ve got a bunch of L1 at best players. When we lose two of the first eleven to injury you’re up to half the team not up to scratch.

CDK

With our injury's we were easy to target fair play to Wrexham did enough poor defending and change of keeper added to by poor off field decisions.

pusbccfc

You take O'Hare and McF out of this side and it goes back to being weak at both ends of the pitch. Really this goes back to the summer and a plain terrible window.

But even taking that to one side at least several players disgraced themselves tonight.

Totally agree. Other teams have injuries but they don't capitulate like us because they have squad depth. The real worry is Vik, I can't see us winning another game this season if he ever got injured.

Rodders1

It was a cracking game in hindsight. But questions really need to be asked about the motivation of our squad. Recently we just seem lethargic and passive.
McFadz missing seems to cut out any common sense and purpose from the defence.
I see a player in Panzo, just needs more time. Burroughs not so sure. Loved Dabo over the years - not sure he’s fit yet. Rose was awful tonight. As was Moore.
Not surprisingly when Vic and Gus came on things changed. Almost being down to 10 allowed us to relaxed and play with nothing to lose. Fingers crossed for investment this month - bloody needed.

shmmeee

Just on the bus back, can I just thank you for a fantastic day. Met a few of your fans before the game and thought you were very welcoming and a great bunch.

Obviously delighted we won. I'm not sure we played that great to be honest. After 60 mins, I felt fairly comfortable, then you absolutely hammered us.
The key was you couldn't defend our set plays even in the National League I ain't seen a team struggle so much.

We started the game with 4 regulars missing, which was a massive surprise as i thought we would have played our best 11. Your 2nd goal gave you a massive lift after Macfadzean fecked about again. He's only playing because of injury but my god he was terrible, then you absolutely trounced us even with 10 men. I thought we were fit but it just shows the difference in standard between NL and Championship.

We just couldn't deal with Gyökeres, I seriously hope he can fire you the PL, he was an absolute nightmare to play against.

All the best!

Enjoy your night, pathetic ball stealing aside I thought you lot were great. Your team is obviously levels below even the dross we put out before 70 mins, but you took your chances when we gifted them to you and eked out a win so fair play. Exactly what the FA Cup is about. Not having the other McFadzean and not having a half decent keeper means we’ve got nothing in the air at the back and the way to beat is right now is balls into the box, which is obviously something lower league teams excel at.

Enjoy your night and hope you get a decent draw next round.

clint van damme

Based on the current form, I don't think we are on track for 5 wins are we?

Even worse when you remember our only win came from a 90th min penalty.

I, and others keep saying it, if Robins can keep us up with the side he did first season back he can do it with this lot.
Might have to revert to some of the shit football we put up with that season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nah we need 5 wins and 3 draws. Takes us to 53 points. If we don’t get that from 21 games we deserve to go down
No defence, Wilson is our best bet in goal and only Gyo as an attacking threat. We will squeak over the line but nothing more, barring a very quick change of transfer fortunes.

Hertsccfc

The players have to take a huge chunk of blame , turning up like Billy big bollocks thinking they could play at 20% and turn them over
The manager set that example by selecting the team that he did. He said I am not bothered and the players followed his example.

covboy9

It’s going to get worse before it gets better

we’ll get nowt but a hiding at burnley and Norwich is gonna be tough too

Perryccfc

The manager set that example by selecting the team that he did. He said I am not bothered and the players followed his example.

Or, he said some of the players play every minute of every game, and given that the squad players want to be Championship footballers, they should have enough quality to beat a National League side?

NorthernWisdom

Hmmm, club captain, original first choice keeper, and highly paid striker should be enough. Burroughs has had a few games recently too, so only Tavares is anything close to left field in that side, and loads had been deciding he was the answer anyway.

Terry Gibson's perm

We need to get it right this window, non of these signed for the under 23 signings and then there for a couple of years and got rid of, if not ready for the first team don’t bother.

bringbackrattles

Just back from the game. They wanted it more than we did, but we got back and could have got the draw. It was there big day but we go again in the Championship and I bet we'll go well. PUSB

Hertsccfc

Hmmm, club captain, original first choice keeper, and highly paid striker should be enough. Burroughs has had a few games recently too, so only Tavares is anything close to left field in that side, and loads had been deciding he was the answer anyway.
But those three players you refer to are Moore, Kelly and Waghorn. Moore's confidence appears shot; Kelly returning from injury, getting old and not even clear that he is a Championship quality player and Waghorn has scored two goals in a season and a half.

We set up with a back five, two holding players and two strikers who between them have three goals in about 40 appearances. If we'd started with a positive team players most likely we would have been well ahead by early in the second half and Hamer and Gyokeres would have been taken off to rest.

larry_david

If today was on footy manager you'd turn it off or throw it out the window. Three times hitting the woodwork, two scrambled at the end, youth striker out for 9 months, them scoring direct from a cross. It really was a mental game and a shit load of bad luck, or poor play from our side

Users who are viewing this thread