Match Thread Wycombe (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Another important game at the weekend. Minimum we don’t lose but hoping players are up for a decent attacking display.

Also, let’s not underestimate Wycombe. Had some good results there but they are fighting for everything and have caused teams problems.

Londonccfcfan

We won't be underestimating them at all.

We go same team again. Can't see Giles coming in for Sam at wing back. Will just have to bide his time.

Wycombe are not a Luton...so the same team should expect to reap some rewards from wycombe.

cov donkey kick

Think this is away banker and we need to approach the game in that way with the team that started tonight get a lead by halftime and then 2nd half change the players like Kelly who has been for me the game changer in our season with his nous and experience. If we win we'll be over 20 points with 2 games to spare against Robins target.
Think we will stay up as well.

cc84cov

I hope he doesn’t see tonight as a reason to change it to 1 up front...

Same team as tonight with the 2 up front - 2-0 win💥

Briles

I doubt he will name an unchanged team 3 games running without only a few days between games. Giles in for Mcallum at the very minimum

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I hope he doesn’t see tonight as a reason to change it to 1 up front...

Same team as tonight with the 2 up front - 2-0 win

I think if anything showcases you shouldn’t just keep using the same system all the time it’s last night. We were dreadful. It’s a good point so that’s a positive but the performance itself was very poor and the front two were very disappointing. Different tactics employed for different opposition. The box worked perfectly against them at Adams Park last season. There are logical reasons why he might go back to it for this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Cant see him playing giles for MaCallum. Not against wycombe he would be an absolute liabilty and wycombe would bombard that weakness on left.

We wont and shouldnt change wing backs the back 5. They have been excellent last 6 games.

This isnt a must win game. ITS MUST NOT LOSE.

Plain barmy to change a team and formation which has looked solid and picked up 4 points from last 2 games.

He has 5 substitutes just got to use them better and earlier just make sure Shipley isnt one of them.

Londonccfcfan

I think if anything showcases you shouldn’t just keep using the same system all the time it’s last night. We were dreadful. It’s a good point so that’s a positive but the performance itself was very poor and the front two were very disappointing. Different tactics employed for different opposition. The box worked perfectly against them at Adams Park last season. There are logical reasons why he might go back to it for this game.

Its about points. Happy to sacrifice a performance now and again. Btw its not like we been playing awfull.

Just no pleasing some.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think we will see some changes as some of our players can’t play another game. That would be their 3rd game in 7 days. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Giles, Sheaf, Shipley and Baka come in.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Its about points. Happy to sacrifice a performance now and again. Btw its not like we been playing awfull.

Just no pleasing some.

I literally said the points were the positive?! I was more than happy with a point and I don’t really care how we played to get it. I was more suggesting there is a reason we might switch back to one up top for a game where we have previous success by doing this.

Mucca Mad Boys

Our first win on the road this season and I get bragging rights in the workplace!

Another convincing performance against a fellow promoted team would be good!

Sky Blue Pete

Cant see him playing giles for MaCallum. Not against wycombe he would be an absolute liabilty and wycombe would bombard that weakness on left.

We wont and shouldnt change wing backs the back 5. They have been excellent last 6 games.

Plain barmy to change a team and formation which has looked solid and picked up 4 points from last 2 games.

He has 5 substitutes just got to use them better and earlier just make sure Shipley isnt one of them.
Yeah I agree it’s a not lose game

TomRad85

Got to fancy us to beat a team we always beat and take it to 7 unbeaten. Didn't think I'd be seeing that kind of run at any point this season. Fair play to Robins and the players after a pretty turgid start to the season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Can’t see us going to the “box” means playing O’Hare in my opinion out of his best position also who is the other player in the AM slot ?

AOM

Wouldn't be surprised if we did make some changes for Saturday, some players looked knackered last night.

Think if forced changes Giles and possibly Baka in, and rotate a cm with Sheaf if we're winning

TomRad85

I found it pretty funny in Robins' interview, when he mentioned the subs he said 'I wanted some energy and Shipley gives me that sometimes'.
That's the best he can say about Shipley, he gives us energy sometimes.

cooperskyblue

So we go to Wycombe like we did last year looking for our 1st away win of the season. Let's hope lightning strikes twice and another 1-4 away win.
I think 3 points here makes yesterday's point a very good point.
Need to just recharge our batteries and go at them.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would think it’s important to score first against these anti football time wasters. Kelly will start and sit deep for when they bang the ball up to that lump who will no doubt be doing his usual dark arts while appealing for everything.

clint van damme

something's not right down our left hand side and it's not just personnel, it's happen whoever's been playing there. I don't know if it's something in our shape the players aren't grasping.

TomRad85

something's not right down our left hand side and it's not just personnel, it's happen whoever's been playing there. I don't know if it's something in our shape the players aren't grasping.
It might be the players tbf, Giles is good going forward but not so much defensively and McCallum isn't all that, if he's worth 3.5 million, what the hell is Dabo worth?

D

Deleted member 11652

It might be the players tbf, Giles is good going forward but not so much defensively and McCallum isn't all that, if he's worth 3.5 million, what the hell is Dabo worth?

At Sam’s age, Dabo hadn’t made a professional appearance... Sam is a regular starter in the championship.

clint van damme

I can't remember the game, (maybe Blues), but there was huge confusion then and on pitch discussions going on between Shipley and others, we just seem exposed down there.
Maybe it is just that teams see it as our weaker side no matter who's playing there.

TomRad85

At Sam’s age, Dabo hadn’t made a professional appearance... Sam is a regular starter in the championship.
Bit harder to break through at Chelsea than Coventry City tbf.

TomRad85

I can't remember the game, (maybe Blues), but there was huge confusion then and on pitch discussions going on between Shipley and others, we just seem exposed down there.
Maybe it is just that teams see it as our weaker side no matter who's playing there.
Yep 100% its our weaker side. I don't mind the players that play down that side at all, they are fine. But the right is stronger.

D

Deleted member 11652

Bit harder to break through at Chelsea than Coventry City tbf.

Well aged 21 Dabo was mediocre in league 1 for Swindon Town. The reason Mccallum is worth more is he’s 5 years younger playing at the same level.

Users who are viewing this thread