Match Thread Wycombe (12 Viewers)

johnwillomagic

Hmm this is a bit of a tricky one I keep changing my mind but would like two up top would also like Baka to start to give Max a bit of a rest to come on for Walker or Baka sooner as they tire - can see MR naming unchanged team but this is probably what I'd go with for this one - McCallum & Shipley do well normally against Wycombe

Wilson

Dabo Osti Fadz Hyam McCallum

Kelly Hamer

Shipley

Baka Walker

Subs: Camp, DaCosta, Pask, O'Hare, Allen, Jobello, Giles, Biamou, Bapaga

Severely doubt we will line up like this but we will see - hoping for a 2-1 away win but would take a point.
Wycombe will be a lot tougher than people think and every run has to come to an end at some stage.

TomRad85

Well aged 21 Dabo was mediocre in league 1 for Swindon Town. The reason Mccallum is worth more is he’s 5 years younger playing at the same level.
I get that people pay for potential, so his age is factored into the price. Saying where they were playing at a given age is beyond meaningless though. Vardy was non league at that age.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SleepyGinger

Play the system that comfortably beat Wycombe 4-1 last year.

Wilson
Dabo osti fadz Hyam mccallum
Kelly hamer
Ohare Allen
Walker

D

Deleted member 11652

I get that people pay for potential, so his age is factored into the price. Saying where they were playing at a given age is beyond meaningless though. Vardy was non league at that age.

I mean it’s not meaningless. The fact that aged 20 Mccallum was a better player than Dabo was at 21 suggests that his ceiling is higher, hence why he’s been snapped up and Dabo hasn’t. Whether he hits that ceiling is a risk Norwich have decided to take.

TomRad85

I mean it’s not meaningless. The fact that aged 20 Mccallum was a better player than Dabo was at 21 suggests that his ceiling is higher, hence why he’s been snapped up and Dabo hasn’t. Whether he hits that ceiling is a risk Norwich have decided to take.
My point was I think Dabo is better, I think you've read a bit too much into it. Where someone plays at a given age is meaningless to an extent, to use a less extreme example than Vardy, I'm sure there are plenty of absolutely rotten strikers around that will have been getting games in the Championship when Matt Godden was playing non league.

cc84cov

I found it pretty funny in Robins' interview, when he mentioned the subs he said 'I wanted some energy and Shipley gives me that sometimes'.
That's the best he can say about Shipley, he gives us energy sometimes.

The only player with energy he took off lol

Gibbo

We can't keep on giving Wycombe a bit of a bashing at their place - we have won the last three. And they too have learned the hard way this season so are gradually picking up points. So those seeing a regulation win may get their wish, but I think the odds are against it happening four times in a row. It looks like we have in store for us yet another, pretty ugly, hard fought game of the Derby, Luton ilk .

It's away from home, we need the point, and it is job done. If we can nick a goal, so much the better, two years ago it was a penalty and a JCH breakaway - similar would be nice.

I would keep the same team unless there are fitness / fatigue issues. Luton was always going to be a grind. Maybe Sheaf in midfield and O'Hara up front for Biamou. Just so long as we stick to a three man midfield and three at the back.

Londonccfcfan

I found it pretty funny in Robins' interview, when he mentioned the subs he said 'I wanted some energy and Shipley gives me that sometimes'.

He may as well say hes my favorite.

Londonccfcfan

2000 fans in for Wycombe.

Can only see this as an advantage to them.

Gutted not to be there localish game for me.
Been to every game we played there. We was right behind the goal of that Godden hatrick strike. The scenes!

We practically outnumbered them , filled the whole away end.

Wont ever forget the match midweek when it was like -5 (felt like it) and game was almost called off snow/frost. That was a very edgy game we knicked it with a McNulty penalty.

Its a lucky ground for us. Hopefully stays that way. More nervous playing the teams below us.

Legia Sky Blue

I fully expect Robins to play Shipley on Saturday, possibly reverting to one up front given Shipley had just about his best game last season at Wycombe in that formation. Wycombe's defenders are more comfortable against conventional forwards like Biamou, but are more easily dragged out of position by runners in behind them, so I'm half expecting Biamou to drop to the bench. With another mid week game on the horizon I'm sure MR would also like to freshen things a little so I think Sheaf and Giles might also play a part, with the question being whether that is as starters or off the bench.

AOM

Been to every game we played there. We was right behind the goal of that Godden hatrick strike. The scenes!

Wont ever forget the match midweek when it was like -5 (felt like it) and game was almost called off snow/frost. That was a very edgy game we knicked it with a McNulty penalty.

Its a lucky ground for us. Hopefully stays that way. More nervous playing the teams below us.

First time I've been last year, thought it was a nice little ground!
Great views too of the countryside if you're higher up in the stand

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I think I have a photo on my phone of the temperature that night and it was -8

Johhny Blue

If it’s all about energy he should bring Kastaneer on every game

mark82

I think I have a photo on my phone of the temperature that night and it was -8

Yeah, was bloody freezing that night. Don't think I've ever been so cold at a game (although some of the games at Barnsley when the wind blows through that gap in the corner push it pretty close).

Hertsccfc

It might be the players tbf, Giles is good going forward but not so much defensively and McCallum isn't all that, if he's worth 3.5 million, what the hell is Dabo worth?

I really don't agree with this. I think McCallum has been excellent this season and his recent performances are an important element of why we have not let in many goals recently. I think he is a really underrated player by some people on here and we are lucky to have him this year. Yes his passing was a bit erratic first half last night but he was great in the second half.

I like Giles too, but McCallum is clearly stronger defensively. I also feel that in terms if end product (shots and crosses) McCallam tends to deliver more. Don't get me wrong I think Giles has a lot of potential and I hope we can keep him here but at the moment I feel McCallam gives us more.

robbiethemole

Yeah, was bloody freezing that night. Don't think I've ever been so cold at a game (although some of the games at Barnsley when the wind blows through that gap in the corner push it pretty close).
I think one of the coldest was at Sc+nthorpe when MacSheff threw snowballs into the crowd and we scored off Murphy's arse. On the way home the car, a new Citroen Picasso , froze up!! the washers froze and the screen smeared all over then froze too, we had to stop at the services to buy more screen wash and I poured it neat on the screen, thought we'd never get home or warm agaim.

Sky Blue Harry H

Akinfenwa starting tonight at Barnsley. May be wrong, but he doesn't often turn out/start twice in four days.

Londonccfcfan

How bored am I watching Barnsley vs Wycombe on red button.

Interesting game. Every ball lumped up high to akinfenwa.

Jacobson deliveries are excellent.

Grimmer playing centre back it seems!
Wow

Sky Blue Harry H

Barnsley trying to score in a novel way according to the BBC tonight !

;It could be two as Cauley Woodrow shoots from Alex Mowatt's ass, but this time Allsop is able to make the save'.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread