Match Thread Wycombe (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

I think having McFadz red card rescinded will be important for Saturday I think we'll really miss him with the way Wycombe play. Need someone who can organise and be strong at the back, I'd worry a little bit with Osti/Hyam Osti/Hyam/Pask

rexo87

Marosi

Dabo Osti Rose McCallum

Kelly

Hamer. James

Ohare

Godden. Walker

Hyam - we cannot keep playing him, especially on the same side as McCallum. Rose has been poor this season as well but he is far far better on the ball than McCallum. Hyam scares the shit out of me when he turns back in slow motion to pass the ball back to the keeper.

Wilson - the game last night had been coming for a while. He’s not confident in the air at all and you can tell that by how other sides are now taking set pieces against us crowding the 6 yard box. He was scared shit of Adebayo and don’t think he caught one when being challenged.

Hamer - Not sure I agree with people saying he’s playing poorly. Yes he has dropped off since Xmas but he still looks to be one of our most aggressive forward thinking players. Links up well with Dabo so needs to be on the right hand side of the diamond. Only thing I would say is I wish he would tackle properly. Gets a lot of yellow cards but also doesn’t go in properly for 50/50s. Tried to get his toe in and take it round the player when it just needs a proper tackle. I do wish Robins would stop taking him off after 60 mins especially for the player below.

Sheaf - he is probably the worst player you can bring on as a sub in any situation but especially when chasing a game. Far too slow and always has a hospital pass in him

Max - is it possible to sit on the fence with him? He is a better line striker than Walker but we clearly can’t afford to be missing chances that he did last night. Would be going for our best two finishers alongside each other. Walker ran more last night for 20 mins than he did in his last couple of full games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

Bookies still have us at 10/1 to go down. They appear to have a lot more confidence than us.
We're still in a good position, we only need 10 points from our last 10 games and have 4 teams below us still. Although play like we did last night on Saturday and I imagine those odd will shorten.

cc84cov

We're still in a good position, we only need 10 points from our last 10 games and have 4 teams below us still. Although play like we did last night on Saturday and I imagine those odd will shorten.
Robins needs these players to raise their game consistently now tbh I’m shocked they wasn’t last night that was a disgrace last night

D

Deleted member 11652

Would like to see Pask given a chance in the back 3.

I’d also like Allen to get another go as I don’t feel like he’s done a lot wrong. Him or Shipley and a return to the box would be nice.

Could’ve thrown a blanket over sheaf, Kelly and James in the second half last night. I’m not fussed which 2 of our 4 holding midfielders get the nod as long as it is only 2

Offhegoes

I feel Sheaf helps us control posession and since he lost his place we seem to have been hitting the longer ball, which invariably goes straight to the opponents. I agree he is not a player to bring on when you're chasing a game, but I would be tempted to start him on Saturday.

cc84cov

I feel Sheaf helps us control posession and since he lost his place we seem to have been hitting the longer ball, which invariably goes straight to the opponents. I agree he is not a player to bring on when you're chasing a game, but I would be tempted to start him on Saturday.
Gets caught in Possession far to often he’s always got that suicidal pass in him also as we seen last night

robbiethemole

Ikpeazu is taking over from Akinfenwa as the "Beast of Wycombe", taller, faster and more mobile than Bayo, he will be the one causing the problems I think. Who to put on him? ask MR

Sky Blue Harry H

Ikpeazu is taking over from Akinfenwa as the "Beast of Wycombe", taller, faster and more mobile than Bayo, he will be the one causing the problems I think. Who to put on him? ask MR

He's very crude though. Cambridge United/Hearts/Wycombe. Just a big awkward lump who is L1 at best. Not worried about our defenders handling him, just whether our keeper can at set pieces. We really need to attack Wycombe and keep them quiet (they will go long all day long, and not bother about trying to play through the midfield)

Frostie

Would like to see Pask given a chance in the back 3.

I’d also like Allen to get another go as I don’t feel like he’s done a lot wrong. Him or Shipley and a return to the box would be nice.

Could’ve thrown a blanket over sheaf, Kelly and James in the second half last night. I’m not fussed which 2 of our 4 holding midfielders get the nod as long as it is only 2

Agree with most of that.

I voiced at the time that I was concerned about Kelly & James together, it did seem to work v Derby in fairness but not v Blackburn & definitely not last night, even when Hamer was the 3rd midfielder.

I'd go back to the box v Wycombe & give Hamer a break too.

Sheaf Kelly
O'Hare Allen

edgy

I'm not sure this so called "rocket" or hair-drier treatment from Robins is a) the answer or b) what Robins will actually do.

That kind of treatment only works on players with strong characters. Not sure we have many of them. We are, in the main, a young side. The nature of that leads to them needing confidence boosts and treating them with kid gloves.

I can't see any form of dressing down going on and as such don't expect us come out flying in this game. It'll be a cagey don't lose affair.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Must win I reckon. Godden and Walker to start. Get at them with intent.

Think you've got to bring Marosi back, even if I'm a bit concerend about him being mentally ready for their physicality.

Galling Fadz likely to be missing, so assuming his card isn't rescinded Rose to come in (unless he's injured) in which case pask.

Not sure about Kelly and James together - possibly too similar.

Marosi
Rose/Pask Osti Hyam
Dabo Kelly Sam
Hamer O'Hare
Walker Godden​

Wilson, Dacosta, Pask/Thompson, Sheaf, James, Allen, Shipley, Baka/Gyo, Biamou

Sky Blue Harry H

Will we find out about Fadz's red card appeal today? (remembering how quickly Rotherham got Smith's red card overturned - next day?)

Magwitch1

Max Biamou hit the post was unlucky with that chance. The second chance took an awful bobble. Did anybody notice the hatful of chance there strikers missed? It happens he's still done the best of the options we have lately
He should have followed up.
Godden ain't ready to start and Walker has offered little especially on his own up top. The clamour to drop max when for me he has money in the bank after the derby game
Who says Godden isn’t ready yet, if that’s correct why was he not only on the bench yesterday but came on.

aloisijohnnyaloisi

Marosi

Dabo Osti Rose McCallum

Kelly

Hamer. James

Ohare

Godden. Walker

Hyam - we cannot keep playing him, especially on the same side as McCallum. Rose has been poor this season as well but he is far far better on the ball than McCallum. Hyam scares the shit out of me when he turns back in slow motion to pass the ball back to the keeper.

Wilson - the game last night had been coming for a while. He’s not confident in the air at all and you can tell that by how other sides are now taking set pieces against us crowding the 6 yard box. He was scared shit of Adebayo and don’t think he caught one when being challenged.

Hamer - Not sure I agree with people saying he’s playing poorly. Yes he has dropped off since Xmas but he still looks to be one of our most aggressive forward thinking players. Links up well with Dabo so needs to be on the right hand side of the diamond. Only thing I would say is I wish he would tackle properly. Gets a lot of yellow cards but also doesn’t go in properly for 50/50s. Tried to get his toe in and take it round the player when it just needs a proper tackle. I do wish Robins would stop taking him off after 60 mins especially for the player below.

Sheaf - he is probably the worst player you can bring on as a sub in any situation but especially when chasing a game. Far too slow and always has a hospital pass in him

Max - is it possible to sit on the fence with him? He is a better line striker than Walker but we clearly can’t afford to be missing chances that he did last night. Would be going for our best two finishers alongside each other. Walker ran more last night for 20 mins than he did in his last couple of full games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My worry with that formation is that we would be far too narrow. Unfortunately I think as we don't have any natural wingers available we're stuck with the back 5 for the remainder of the season.

Paxman II

Oggy thinks its too soon for Godden on Saturday. I think we really need him though after Tuesday's glaring misses. We need points and we need our best players on the pitch. Rather he start, get into it and come off knackered on 60 than try and get him chasing a game in the last 20. Same for Walker, think he forms the two up top for this one.

Magwitch1

The biggest problem last night was missed chances should have been 2-0 up before they scored and probably had another the game, conversations would have been a lot different on here had they gone in.

clint van damme

I think max might well start if it's 2 up.. Godden probably still needs a game or 2 more with bit parts sadly

Cant see anyway Godden starts. Looked miles away fitness wise. Hopefully he comes on and gets some minutes under his belt.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

What do you like about him? That he takes more pictures with fans than most?

He's a terrible player and using the only excuse that's left - that he tries hard - is nothing short of a mindless argument. It's honestly like me praising the postman for delivering my post, half of which he's lost, but it's fine because he delivers the rest with a bit of vigour.
I like max because he is obviously out of his depth but still he shows that bit of quality 1 time out of 100 which is more than you can say for Bakayoko and considering Biamou started as 4th choice and we were not expecting him to get more than 1 goal this season let alone 4 or 5

South West Sky Blue

Max and Walker up front. If ever there was a game to play two up top, this is it. Godden off the bench to give him a few more mins.

I'm often worrying about keeping players fresh in a congested schedule. However this is the last game before international break- keep 'em on until they're hanging!

If I'm their scout, it's not a difficult job. Get crosses in the 6 yard box and crowd the keeper. Go down easily in wide areas for free-kicks. We've been crap all season at defending free-kicks.

Wilson didn't excel in the reverse fixture. Likely to be Marosi now, but I'd still crowd him- just back from a facial injury.

cc84cov

Max and Walker up front. If ever there was a game to play two up top, this is it. Godden off the bench to give him a few more mins.

I'm often worrying about keeping players fresh in a congested schedule. However this is the last game before international break- keep 'em on until they're hanging!

If I'm their scout, it's not a difficult job. Get crosses in the 6 yard box and crowd the keeper. Go down easily in wide areas for free-kicks. We've been crap all season at defending free-kicks.

Wilson didn't excel in the reverse fixture. Likely to be Marosi now, but I'd still crowd him- just back from a facial injury.
Keeping them fresh ? We should of been fresh last night

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We can’t play Biamou Saturday - we have to win. We can’t be doing with him missing sitters again

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We need to have all 11 men fighting for the win. That means players like Shipley and Walker are no where near the starting 11.

Godden won't be ready yet, so I don't really know where that leaves us. Gyökeres possibly should come in, but Robins clearly doesn't rate him despite signing him in January when we were crying out for attacking talent.

He needs to fuck the wingback system off. I wouldn't be playing McCallum either, but there's literally no one else.

We really need to win this game but I'm extremely worried. They'll be up for it and I can see us just lying down and taking it. Can see a 0-0.

Users who are viewing this thread