Match Thread Yeovil Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 26th Aug (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
We awful going forward. Nowhere near top 7 standard. We'll be lucky to finish top half this season.

With the players we have, we really shouldn't be.

We just aren't creating much or breaking them down. No defence splitting passes or runs.

sylus

we are just garbage, you can't polish sh't......
We have all this firepower up front, with Doyle and Kelly just behind them but we still can't really break teams down.

i've seen more fire power in a wet box of matches than these wasters..

mechaishida

Didn't see the team, I'm on the phone with shite signal: is Hyam at CB today? I know concrete Rod is out, but Hyam looked good when he started.

Perhaps O'Brien's crapness is being exposed cos he actually has things to do - still, Yeovil have conceded 14 goals so far so we really should be knocking the shit out of their defence.

MR will sort them out at HT, let's do these motherfriggers.

ccfcway

Absolutely right. Goals change games. If you don't score when you are on top then concede through mistakes it impacts on the players of both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funnily enough, teams with the leadership and experience of this league that we have signed will be well used to conceding a goal and having the ability and confidence to get back into the game. Can't believe how much negativity there is on this thread.

fernandopartridge

We've got a side set up to defend leads. When it comes to getting back into games two deep lying midfielders aren't as effective

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
funnily enough, teams with the leadership and experience of this league that we have signed will be well used to conceding a goal and having the ability and confidence to get back into the game. Can't believe how much negativity there is on this thread.

We are 1-0 down again due to a pathetic mistake. We were on top of the game and it has now changed.

If we go 2-1 up it will become positive.

letsallsingtogether

45 minutes. I hope I am wrong but can't see it, the goal has changed the game. :(
Yes shooting is awful are losing out in midfield now, need to throw the hairdryer at them and wake them up.:(

Nick

Administrator
We've got a side set up to defend leads. When it comes to getting back into games two deep lying midfielders aren't as effective

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Could maybe swap Kelly for somebody attack minded. Maybe a striker and then put Andreu as an attacking mid if he wants to go for it.

Otis

Two individual errors. That's pretty much all it's been.

If we drew last week and drew this people would then be saying 4 games, 2 wins, 2 draws, all looking good.

lifeskyblue

We might get back into this game...that isn't my point. Goals impact on both teams. In this league, or any other, you can't gift teams goals and not expect that to impact on players.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
1-0 down HT

Silly error but we've not helped ourself through that half.

So many times it's been a game of head tennis; a game that doesn't suit us! Just get it down!

When we have got forward the front players have been too far apart from each other. Only the one McNulty chance where he linked up well with Doyle stands out

Doyle spraying passes out wide well but that's about all we have atm as nothing is coming from those passes

Duck and Jones swapped sides before the end of the half but despite early pressure, neither have really created much since!

Nick

Administrator

If we drew last week and drew this people would then be saying 4 games, 2 wins, 2 draws, all looking good.

Yeah but it makes it even worse when they are goals like that and not 30 yarders into the top corner.

AlansEyes

Anybody else noticed a trend: RCC came to the club and initially looked promising, after some coaching he started to make mistakes and look less assured

O'Brien came in at the start of this season and looked assured, after a few weeks of coaching, errors are starting to be made

Meanwhile Burge, who has always been coached at City, has always been s**t!
Oggy out!

lifeskyblue

Well let's hope we don't have another 42 individual errors

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Anybody else noticed a trend: RCC came to the club and initially looked promising, after some coaching he started to make mistakes and look less assured

O'Brien came in at the start of this season and looked assured, after a few weeks of coaching, errors are starting to be made

Meanwhile Burge, who has always been coached at City, has always been s**t!

Our goalkeeping hasn't been the same since our last goal keeper coach left; Seamus McDonagh........ hang on a minute!!?! :D

torchomatic

we are just garbage, you can't polish sh't......

i've seen more fire power in a wet box of matches than these wasters..

Presumably, once we win you'll disappear again?

torchomatic

IF Burge starts playing again then I'm cutting up my ST and posting it to Tim Fisher.

Otis

Yeah but it makes it even worse when they are goals like that and not 30 yarders into the top corner.
Yep, that's what I'm saying. I think it is all very negative on here for the very reason the errors have been so bad.

Somerset Sky Blue

Passing has been good. Players give a damn. Most of the game been in yeovil half. A number of good chances. Possible penalty not given. Doyle annoying most of the crowd!
Yes, we have conceded a soft goal (mix up of communication / poor decision).

We won't win every game / score every shot or (as someone said on a previous thread) fail to make mistakes.
BUT - I still think the team will come out in second half and perform well, and if we are to get out of this league, we will need to come back from 1 nil a few times!

Otis

IF Burge starts playing again then I'm cutting up my ST and posting it to Tim Fisher.
I won't go that far, but I will watch every opposition attack though like watching a horror film, with my hands covering my eyes and me occasionally just peeking through the gaps in my fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread