Youth players signing new deals (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

I think what helped with GT was the youth tournament he played in for Wales that summer. Scored some goals and think he got in the team of the tournament so that put a few quid on his price.

It was also probably the reason a team like Leicester wanted to sign him... I think Harries also got into team of the tournament too (I’m not 100% sure, so correct me if I’m wrong).

better days

He was the first name on the team sheet and the captain of a very successful U18 side but I never looked at him and thought he would play so many games in our first team this season so if they gave him a 1 year contract like the others I wouldn’t be surprised.

I’m sure they’re trying very hard to keep him but when Championship and Premier League sides recognise his talent theres only one way it’s going to go which is sad
If a number of clubs are interested it's likely to increase whatever fee is agreed
Providing Bayliss has refused a contract offer the first step is for the clubs to try to agree a fee between themselves
A bidding war would be better for us if the lad has decided to move
His agent would prefer this as their fee will be a percentage of the transfer fee - paid by the buying club

Terry_dactyl

Yeah, he's not as small as the DKE's, who are only 4ft 6 when stacked up upon each other, but I believe he is around 5ft 6, so Tom Cruise size.

I still haven’t given up hope that the DKEs are going to merge into one, all conquering, super DKE - you know, have lasers for eyes, be able to jump over buses, stop runaway trains etc.
When are SISU going to action this! God I hate Tim Fisher!

stevefloyd

I thought he was smaller when I seen him but 5ft 6 is ok I guess the best option for the DKE twins is a remake of the Disney classic made in the Caribbean Snowhite and the 7 ex small footballers

Hobo

I just wonder how much it is going to cost us in not getting a contract for Bayliss.

We all think he is going in the summer anyway, but under contract I just wonder how much we could have got for him.

He is under contract for next year.

Liquid Gold

He is under contract for next year.
giphy.gif

Hobo

Can you please post the article which confirms that Hobo .Been trying to confirm this for weeks along with a few others as consensus has been one year.

I am certain he didn't actually sign his two year contract until January 2017. Also on radio they said Robins had confirmed he is not out of contract in the summer.

Liquid Gold

I think he signed on for 18 months last year meaning he expires this June. TransferMarkt has it down as June 18. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong but am certain he's only contracted to this summer.

Hobo

I think he signed on for 18 months last year meaning he expires this June. TransferMarkt has it down as June 18. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong but am certain he's only contracted to this summer.

On Twitter he said he had been offered a 2 year contract and that was at the end of 2016. Nov/Dec

Hobo

I've got no words !! So happy to have been offered a professional contract at Coventry, excited for the next 2 years I dated November 2016

As I said earlier on the radio they said they had asked Robins the question and he said Bayliss was not out of contract in the summer

Liquid Gold

I've got no words !! So happy to have been offered a professional contract at Coventry, excited for the next 2 years I dated November 2016

As I said earlier on the radio they said they had asked Robins the question and he said Bayliss was not out of contract in the summer
Fair enough, looks like you may be right.

Also a very telling reply by someone on there...

Colin Steins Smile

That's an interesting timeline, as it seems different to the norm for professional football. Hopefully, we can secure him on a longer deal. IMO he is going to have better long term prospects if he's playing first team football....and hopefully in Div 1 for us next season.

Hobo

Done the link properly this time
F

Hobo

It is interesting the youth players announced today were part of the batch signed with Bayliss. It would not surprise me to have an announcement on Bayliss between now and the summer. They probably just want him focused on football at the moment not his contract.

Hobo

That's an interesting timeline, as it seems different to the norm for professional football. Hopefully, we can secure him on a longer deal. IMO he is going to have better long term prospects if he's playing first team football....and hopefully in Div 1 for us next season.
He signed it in the January so it does run to a transfer Window so not that unusual.

skyblue025

If did sign in Nov/Dec would be very unusual to sign a 2 year contract that would finish in Nov/Dec they normally run until the end of a season. Would expect it to end Jun 18 or Jun 19. We might not be out of the woods yet concerning this.

Hobo

If did sign in Nov/Dec would be very unusual to sign a 2 year contract that would finish in Nov/Dec they normally run until the end of a season. Would expect it to end Jun 18 or Jun 19. We might not be out of the woods yet concerning this.
Offered in Nov 16 signed Jan 17

wingy

Well if that is right that is excellent news.
Yes it is right, obviously better had it run to the summer, but possibly offers scope and time to persuade him to extend.
It was interesting while trawling the site for that twitter reference, but as well as reassuring, slightly perturbing coming across similar references and adulation for Stevenson and witnessing how that ultimately ended up.

Nonleagueherewecome

It won't be a contract until Jan, that simply does not happen aside from with players that are brought in on short-term contacts in the summer window. It will be an approximation of "roughly two years". Those years may have been the 2016/17 season and the 2017/18 season, or it may have meant from the end of the then-current season, so "this year and the two after", ie 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19. I think that they would have said "two and a half year contract" then though. And those are rarer for unproven youngsters, as he was then.

All of this could have been avoided if it had been reported as either a 1 and a half year contract, or a 2 and a half year contract. So no we definitely are not out of the woods yet, unless we are certain that Robins said that he is definitely not out of contract this summer......the club really should clarify this! Of course if Jeff was any cop at all he'd have asked Robins in one of his many interviews, but we know that aint gonna happen cos he's too busy being a frightened rabbit in Squeeky's headlights....

Hobo

It won't be a contract until Jan, that simply does not happen aside from with players that are brought in on short-term contacts in the summer window. It will be an approximation of "roughly two years". Those years may have been the 2016/17 season and the 2017/18 season, or it may have meant from the end of the then-current season, so "this year and the two after", ie 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19. I think that they would have said "two and a half year contract" then though. And those are rarer for unproven youngsters, as he was then.

All of this could have been avoided if it had been reported as either a 1 and a half year contract, or a 2 and a half year contract. So no we definitely are not out of the woods yet, unless we are certain that Robins said that he is definitely not out of contract this summer......the club really should clarify this! Of course if Jeff was any cop at all he'd have asked Robins in one of his many interviews, but we know that aint gonna happen cos he's too busy being a frightened rabbit in Squeeky's headlights....

It was him who asked him and told a caller on a phone in. Robins had confirmed he wasn't out of contract in the summer.

Skyblueweeman

He was the first name on the team sheet and the captain of a very successful U18 side but I never looked at him and thought he would play so many games in our first team this season so if they gave him a 1 year contract like the others I wouldn’t be surprised.

I’m sure they’re trying very hard to keep him but when Championship and Premier League sides recognise his talent theres only one way it’s going to go which is sad

To be fair, he’s probably more games this season due to injuries sustained by Andreu and Jones. Had he not played as many games, his stock might not be so high, hence the one year deal.

I can see sense in it. Unfortunate for us but great for him. Has had a chance and seized it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SBAndy

Thinking about it, he wasn't actually given a contract to sign until about last April so the 2 year deal may well be until 2019.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Just looked on the "transfermarket" website and they said Bayliss has a contract until 30.6.18. Never know how up to date these websites are though.

Users who are viewing this thread