“Celebrated like it was their cup final” (1 Viewer)

Jamesimus

Etc, etc.

See this all the time now, every time we win a game. Or another team wins a game; I’ve seen it to try and diminish other teams wins.

I struggle to understand the logic behind it? We celebrated that win today in exactly the same way we did the last ones, that’s what’s currently happening with our team. Why do opposition fans (supporters of the team that lost) think this is in some way a dig?

Have good support, will celebrate.

rob9872

Simply the latest excuse from the entitled. We've had it a few times home and away recently, just let em get on with it and keep enjoying the victories.

Manchester_sky_blue

Etc, etc.

See this all the time now, every time we win a game. Or another team wins a game; I’ve seen it to try and diminish other teams wins.

I struggle to understand the logic behind it? We celebrated that win today in exactly the same way we did the last ones, that’s what’s currently happening with our team. Why do opposition fans (supporters of the team that lost) think this is in some way a dig?

Just trying to lessen their own burden, it's a coping mechanism, we all do it to one degree or another

Mucca Mad Boys

The shit our support has gone through. The depths of getting relegated to L2 to being a penalty shootout away from Premier League football in 5-6 years… For us, it’s been euphoric! Especially because our club is on the up after a long, long time in the doldrums of mediocrity and underachievement!

Leicester fans should know this better than anyone. They went done to L1 and in a few years were Prem champions. I bet they celebrated every win at the top of the table with a frenzy.

Football is a sport where you have to embrace the highs. It’s all over before you know save a few elite clubs. Again, Leicester should know this having been relegated 4-5 years after winning the league.

Martin180

The shit our support has gone through. The depths of getting relegated to L2 to being a penalty shootout away from Premier League football in 5-6 years… For us, it’s been euphoric! Especially because our club is on the up after a long, long time in the doldrums of mediocrity and underachievement!

Leicester fans should know this better than anyone. They went done to L1 and in a few years were Prem champions. I bet they celebrated every win at the top of the table with a frenzy.

Football is a sport where you have to embrace the highs. It’s all over before you know save a few elite clubs. Again, Leicester should know this having been relegated 4-5 years after winning the league.
Problem isn't with their fan base back then as they would be as fair as ours . Problem is , and it's the same with some of ours too, that some have only known success and over react to any negatives.
You only have to go back through threads on here calling for Robins head

Frank Sidebottom

To be fair to Leicester the majority of their supporters stayed behind to applaud their players off the pitch today despite being outplayed and beaten..... most away fans would've disappeared after the 2nd... and definitely the 3rd goal..... but today we celebrated a home win the same way we have all season.... albeit Sky Sports delaying the Milan Oles.

slowpoke

To be fair to Leicester the majority of their supporters stayed behind to applaud their players off the pitch today despite being outplayed and beaten..... most away fans would've disappeared after the 2nd... and definitely the 3rd goal..... but today we celebrated a home win the same way we have all season.... albeit Sky Sports delaying the Milan Oles.
Had we equalised earlier their end would have been an empty lonely place to be in.

skyblue_55

It was a big day out for their fans .
4500 just down the road , top of the league & just got to turn up to win .
Their fans were silent on the opening day , until they scored those 2 late goals ….. funny how things change !

wingy

It was a big day out for their fans .
4500 just down the road , top of the league & just got to turn up to win .
Their fans were silent on the opening day , until they scored those 2 late goals ….. funny how things change !
Absolutely!

Astute

Etc, etc.

Have you ever seen the opposition when they have won? Normally start going off the pitch within 30 seconds. So our players celebrating with the supporters does look unusual 😁

The entitled lot yesterday......turn up for a game. Shout Leicester Leicester a few times. Expect the win. Get it. Go home. The passion isn't there. Turned up yesterday expecting the same as usual. Hyped by all the media. The players believe they are better than they really are. They got totally outplayed from start to finish. Devastating for morale. They can't believe that they have been shown up on national TV.

So I understand why others think like they do. But we have been through a lot together with a manager that pushes a bond between players and supporters. Most now at our level would love to have Robins as manager. They have seen that he has taken a bunch of no hopers just about relegated to League 2 to a side with players worth millions all over the pitch in just 6 years. A few trips to Wembley and a couple of promotions. We've done it together and will continue to celebrate together.

Our players can take longer to show their appreciation after a defeat than the side that won. Will they be accusing us of celebrating a defeat next?

Flying Fokker

Etc, etc.

Must admit, it was more special than the Oxford win. Just because it became a tad tedious winning 6-2. But Oxford put out a different kind of team. But winning that game was good because we were 1-0 down with the players pressing for the equalizer….Then Leicester’s players tired after our subs had done their work. If we’d have done the same against any other team it would have been good cause to celebrate.

p.s. Funny how Leicester fans have forgotten what it is like to be real fans.

Flying Fokker

I thought that as well when we went 2-1 up. It looked like Next mannequin warehouse. Were they stunned? Nobody left. Which sort of made me think their fans believe in their team. The third goal was more challenging.

larry_david

Had we equalised earlier their end would have been an empty lonely place to be in.
Worked out perfectly though as didn't give them time to take stock and re jig things, they continued to try see out a point.

Onto get me wrong I was incredibly frustrated we hadn't done more until that point but it worked out well

Sky Blue Harry H

I was clock watching for a lot of that second half, getting frustrated with how they were (very effectively) eating up the minutes - until we equalised, I was impressed with how their defence kept a very disciplined backline. I was bellowing to bring on Simms for Palmer, as I thought Simms would offer more problems to that defence, whilst Palmer looked one challenge away from a second yellow. All went swimmingly in the end though !!

Last edited:

Astute

Maybe if they didn’t play their home games in a library they might celebrate their wins properly?
We're on the way up. We have something to be happy about.

In the season we got relegated to League 2 they were playing in the Champions league. They narrowly lost to Atletico Madrid in the QF. We got relegated to League 2.

Just 6 and a half years later how the mighty have fallen. They see themselves as above us in every way but the only advantage they have is the Prem money. Normally a massive advantage but our recruitment has been very good so far. Always wondered what Robins would be like with a few quid to spend. We needn't have worried although most did.

If we don't win the playoffs this season there's a good chance we will pass Leicester going the other way. Imagine this side playing the same from the start of the season? We would be challenging Leicester at the top. Can't see us out of the top 3 next season if still here. We've had some fun the last 6 and half years but the party is just warming up. Cracking team spirit, good young players and nearly all on long contracts. No depending on loans.

I'm feeling ever so excited for the future 🥳

pusbccfc

This is what I love about our club. Been through it all and we've come out with possibly some of the best fans in the country.

A Leicester fan on their forum said 'I bet it's not like this every week'

Well.. it's often better.

letsallsingtogether

I thought we were quite quiet yeterday.
If we had scored earlier or scored first the place would have been deafening .

HadjiChippo

We're on the way up. We have something to be happy about.

In the season we got relegated to League 2 they were playing in the Champions league. They narrowly lost to Atletico Madrid in the QF. We got relegated to League 2.

Just 6 and a half years later how the mighty have fallen. They see themselves as above us in every way but the only advantage they have is the Prem money. Normally a massive advantage but our recruitment has been very good so far. Always wondered what Robins would be like with a few quid to spend. We needn't have worried although most did.

If we don't win the playoffs this season there's a good chance we will pass Leicester going the other way. Imagine this side playing the same from the start of the season? We would be challenging Leicester at the top. Can't see us out of the top 3 next season if still here. We've had some fun the last 6 and half years but the party is just warming up. Cracking team spirit, good young players and nearly all on long contracts. No depending on loans.

I'm feeling ever so excited for the future 🥳
Sounds sacrilegious, but I don’t think I’d mind too much if we missed out this year for this very reason. Last season after the final I was convinced that was our one chance to get back in due to Gus/Vik leaving.

But The side we have right now is building towards something special, O’Hare would be a massive loss, but no bigger than Gyo or Gus and we’ve soldiered on without them and might actually be a more well rounded side now. I trust Robins and recruitment, If they can build on this side further in the summer (Hopefully Torp turns into another great bit of business), we’ll be an absolute monster of a title chasing side next season and facing a league without the Prem quality sides like Southampton/Leeds/Leicester most likely.

ajsccfc

It's the Premier League entitlement. How dare Coventry set up to counter Leeds and not simply let them win. How dare Coventry celebrate a win over Leicester in the exact same way they do every other game.

(Unless there was something with that game I missed Southampton are the exception, I like them)

Users who are viewing this thread