“Celebrated like it was their cup final” (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

It's the Premier League entitlement. How dare Coventry set up to counter Leeds and not simply let them win. How dare Coventry celebrate a win over Leicester in the exact same way they do every other game.

(Unless there was something with that game I missed Southampton are the exception, I like them)
west Brom, Ipswich Leeds are going to be another test. 4 pts will be good. Bloody Norwich as well. Not forgetting All of the other teams. In fact, I’m pretty sure the rest of the season is going to be gripping.

Northants Sky Blue

The only thing that makes beating rivals even sweeter is them making out they're not bothered

Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

Last edited:

shmmeee

west Brom, Ipswich Leeds are going to be another test. 4 pts will be good. Bloody Norwich as well. Not forgetting All of the other teams. In fact, I’m pretty sure the rest of the season is going to be gripping.

Southampton away as well. Four tough games. West Brom are the only side to beat us at home. Leeds are the only side we’ve set up like we’re worried about them. We never win at Norwich.

The other 15 look winnable though. And if we’re flying in April when we play Ipswich Leeds and Soton who knows?

Happy_Martian

Simply the latest excuse from the entitled. We've had it a few times home and away recently, just let em get on with it and keep enjoying the victories.

Oxford said the same.

They don't get what we've had to put up with, where we've been and how much we've had to struggle to get back to where we are now. The fact the players have committed to that same celebration shows how much togetherness there is back in our club.

skybluegod

Southampton away as well. Four tough games. West Brom are the only side to beat us at home. Leeds are the only side we’ve set up like we’re worried about them. We never win at Norwich.

The other 15 look winnable though. And if we’re flying in April when we play Ipswich Leeds and Soton who knows?

We are gonna have to beat what looks like 2 of those 4 teams anyway if we want to get promoted, so can't fear them. Think we have shown we can compete at least already.

shmmeee

We are gonna have to beat what looks like 2 of those 4 teams anyway if we want to get promoted, so can't fear them. Think we have shown we can compete at least already.

Oh definitely. I’d back us at home to anyone, and there’s never been a better year to beat Norwich. In a one off game I’d back us against anyone.

TomRad85

We're a very different team to the one West Brom beat. Reckon we'll finish above them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

AJB1983

Saw something on Twitter where a Leicester fan was saying “do you get 29k every game then?”

Well we did against bottom of the league on Boxing Day, and been over 25k quite a bit this season.

Frostie

The shit our support has gone through. The depths of getting relegated to L2 to being a penalty shootout away from Premier League football in 5-6 years… For us, it’s been euphoric! Especially because our club is on the up after a long, long time in the doldrums of mediocrity and underachievement!

Leicester fans should know this better than anyone. They went done to L1 and in a few years were Prem champions. I bet they celebrated every win at the top of the table with a frenzy.

Football is a sport where you have to embrace the highs. It’s all over before you know save a few elite clubs. Again, Leicester should know this having been relegated 4-5 years after winning the league.
Difference between us & them is we've done that all above board & on our own merit rather than cheating the system & exploiting legal loopholes to gain an unfair advantage over everyone else.

Couple that with having parties like the council & Wasps actively conspiring against us rather than being bankrolled by billionaires & intentionally screwing over ambulance services & local businesses makes our achievements all the more special.

Last edited:

Porkchophill

Dewsbury hall is a C@@@t … looked like he scored in a cup final to me way he celebrated .. sure he done the same to his fans when he shepherded the ball out for a goal kick the clown dry your eyes mate 😢😢

skyblu3sk

Saw something on Twitter where a Leicester fan was saying “do you get 29k every game then?”

Well we did against bottom of the league on Boxing Day, and been over 25k quite a bit this season.
They have been trapped in the PL bubble so don't have a clue about football outside it. Obviously we have had our patches of low attendance but they still think we average 17k when in reality it's over 25k. The main reason the gate is about 700 higher Vs Leicester Vs Shef W is Leicester brought an extra 500 away fans with them. It also pisses me off that everywhere reports our stadium as over 32k when we can never actually use that amount for our games.

Skyblue Bangkok

They have been trapped in the PL bubble so don't have a clue about football outside it. Obviously we have had our patches of low attendance but they still think we average 17k when in reality it's over 25k. The main reason the gate is about 700 higher Vs Leicester Vs Shef W is Leicester brought an extra 500 away fans with them. It also pisses me off that everywhere reports our stadium as over 32k when we can never actually use that amount for our games.
Apparently their owners looked at us to buy ( so the rumour goes) we had no ground of our own, Lesta:s was built and they ended up owning despite paying nothing for it and also not having having points deducted for going into administration. The deduction of points etc was bought in after Leicester got away with going into administration.

zuni

Apparently their owners looked at us to buy ( so the rumour goes) we had no ground of our own, Lesta:s was built and they ended up owning despite paying nothing for it and also not having having points deducted for going into administration. The deduction of points etc was bought in after Leicester got away with going into administration.

think they did it 2 or 3 times and had additional players signed and wages paid for by the PFA ...unbelievable, root cause of our needing to pay upfront when building the new ground (which created the need for council *help*)

skybluericoh

I think that Milan mandaric (sp) secured the stadium for them. When they went bust an American property firm bought the stadium and they rented it back, but unlike our deal they had all revenues. Then when Milan took over he negotiated a deal can’t remember exactly but something like £million on the grounds that nobody else would want a football stadium in Leicester.
I just think they have had good business people around even if they didn’t have morals. I remember when we went down and the club selling our players and refusing to force local businesses under with not paying.
Then we got SISU no morals and no business brains either.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think that Milan mandaric (sp) secured the stadium for them. When they went bust an American property firm bought the stadium and they rented it back, but unlike our deal they had all revenues. Then when Milan took over he negotiated a deal can’t remember exactly but something like £million on the grounds that nobody else would want a football stadium in Leicester.
I just think they have had good business people around even if they didn’t have morals. I remember when we went down and the club selling our players and refusing to force local businesses under with not paying.
Then we got SISU no morals and no business brains either.
They are one of the luckiest clubs in the country to be honest.

Why would anyone care what opposition fans think?
Hi Leicester fan in peace. Fair play to
you beating us as I think the best team won.

I agree though I am surprised that this derby isn’t reciprocated more on the Leicester side of things as it appears to be only Hinckley fans that are anti-Cov.

Leicester’s rivals are traditionally Derby and Forest, which they are more to me, but they have an intense hatred between each other for them to care so much about us; though the rivalry does still exist.

But yes generally couldn’t care what rivals think. At the end of the day it’s the Big Six I despise in football more.

Happy_Martian

Have been mocking a lot of them on Twitter. Leicester, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham and Boro. Even Oxford gave it the "cup final" verbals. Stupid as a lot of Leicester fans don't even know their own history prior to their Premier League success in 2016.

Simple fact is that we fell to the bottom of the barrel and have had to fight back up. That's what makes each victory, regardless of opponent, a joyful event.
Luton are currently in the same boat. Probably as they fell into nonleague, it's even more sweeter to them than our successes for us. Burnley fans mocking them for celebrating a late equaliser against them "like it was their cup final". And Bolton fans disrespecting them after last nights FA Cup game.

There are a lot of deluded clubs who have an over-sized sense of entitlement or importance.

shmmeee

I agree though I am surprised that this derby isn’t reciprocated more on the Leicester side of things as it appears to be only Hinckley fans that are anti-Cov.

Leicester’s rivals are traditionally Derby and Forest, which they are more to me, but they have an intense hatred between each other for them to care so much about us; though the rivalry does still exist.

But yes generally couldn’t care what rivals think. At the end of the day it’s the Big Six I despise in football more.

Id say Covs rivals are Villa but like Leicester and Derby/Forest I don’t think it’s reciprocated. As someone over 40 the whole Leicester thing feels new and weird.

think they did it 2 or 3 times and had additional players signed and wages paid for by the PFA ...unbelievable, root cause of our needing to pay upfront when building the new ground (which created the need for council *help*)
Completely incorrect here.
We had Billy McKinlay and Nicky Summerbee play for us for free due to the itv digital collapse - not our fault - plus I lost money to through the club.

We’re not as lucky as Man City or West Ham by having tax payer built stadiums

Apparently stops there and that’s not true. Our owners wanted to buy Leicester years ago when his son, Top watched us win the League Cup in 1997 - underdog again. When Vichai (RIP) had finally made his money through his business that’s when he stepped forward as Milan sold the club to the family.

Happy_Martian

Personally think it's how we've all separated into different leagues for lengthy periods. Leicester and Forest have probably played more games against each other in the last 20 years than Coventry and Leicester so the hatred festers. In my opinion, Leicester has only reawakened for us this season. There has always been an underlying dislike but as we weren't playing you, it lessened or was of a lower regard.

We also have an odd relationship with Birmingham. There is dislike but they sublet their ground to us for a couple of seasons so the hate is diminished as they helped support our club.

Happy_Martian

Hi Leicester fan in peace.

But yes generally couldn’t care what rivals think.

Can I also call into question your last remark. You don't care what rivals think but you register a new account on a rival's forum to talk ?

Welcome, hope you hang around as it is fun to discuss opposite views of football. But still an unusual reason for joining ;)

Users who are viewing this thread