Match Thread ⚽️ Burnley vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 14th Jan (1 Viewer)

stupot07

*refused to get a shot away
This was just as bad. All he has to do is slot it in with his left foot, but tries to go far post, outside of his right foot through 4 players. That's after ignoring 2-3 opportunities to get a shot off leading up to it.
6300fdb5039e02a31002492f85a16356.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stupot07

skyblue025

A) I am not your pal and B) I should have said a minimum of 3. Of course they can be more, sorry to have mislead you. Just replying to the idea that you could get a 1 game ban for a straight red
a. Ok fella
b. You are still wrong. Straight red cards can be a 1 - 6 game ban (Or more if the FA deem it so) Three people have said your wrong on here but you still state it as fact it's a minimum of 3 games. Just Google it.

PVA

Palmer could still score that with his right tbf. Outside of the boot into the near corner. Just bad decision making to go for the far corner

shmmeee

You'd think a back 4 would have to be considered at some point given how few natural centre-halves we have. Sheaf, Dabo and Bidwell have been tried there and i'd not want any of that on a regular basis. Sounds like Cuffy could be a real threat down the right.

Got even fewer wide players though.

oscillatewildly

No idea why Palmer hasn’t put that on his left, that’s 1-0. Surely your left can’t be that bad, the near post is gaping.

View attachment 28109

Next touch should be a shot for Gyokeres:
View attachment 28110
It makes me wonder if they practice on 'weaknesses' in training or just prefer to build on 'strengths'.
I remember being aghast, at Sunday league level witnessing so many right footed players being presented with a situation of practically a close range open goal but (shock, horror!) meaning they would have to tap it in with their left foot - Instead opting to take the time to either set it up for their almighty hammer of a right foot or just shifting body shape to allow the same and er, being closed down/tackled by a defender.
That was bad enough at that level, but for a top(ish) professional? WOW!

shmmeee

It makes me wonder if they practice on 'weaknesses' in training or just prefer to build on 'strengths'.
I remember being aghast, at Sunday league level witnessing so many right footed players being presented with a situation of practically a close range open goal but (shock, horror!) meaning they would have to tap it in with their left foot - Instead opting to take the time to either set it up for their almighty hammer of a right foot or just shifting body shape to allow the same and er, being closed down/tackled by a defender.
That was bad enough at that level, but for a top(ish) professional? WOW!

Honestly think it’s a joke how one footed so many pro footballers are.

Cata

a. Ok fella
b. You are still wrong. Straight red cards can be a 1 - 6 game ban (Or more if the FA deem it so) Three people have said your wrong on here but you still state it as fact it's a minimum of 3 games. Just Google it.
ever heard of Cantona?

slowpoke

Palmer could still score that with his right tbf. Outside of the boot into the near corner. Just bad decision making to go for the far corner
Going back to the JH days we had a centre-forward called Terry Bly who was often put through one on one, he had the hardest shot I’ve seen two/three strides and he just blasted the ball almost breaking the net, he rarely missed.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Observations of March experiences
Behind the goal was dangerous today. Gangways full of fans and steps steep. Stewards, police and Coventry fans did not care. I had a conversation with one fan and discussed Hillsboro similarities as it had some potential for a mini version of that. His response "I don't give one so 96 fans died, so what" I'm here to support City.
A dad was with his son and in 2nd half a bunch of unpleasant fans moved in front of them. No idea what the son thought of such bad behaviour from them.
Yes singing 'shithole' song when recently died Burnley were given a minutes silence.

Whilst on a rant really disrespect 5 Burnley players doing a sprint warm down next to players and Coventry management applauding fans.They did that on purpose to take the 'piss'. Apparently it's standard procedure at all games, running to away fans end.
We played well but as a football experience today it was dreadful in ground. OK outside ground thankfully.

In one of the threads after Burnley match, I did say I would contact Burnley safety officers. I did and have just been contacted even though its been a month since the game

1) I pointed out to them that both the Police and stewards were reluctant to do anything to clear the gangways and they said 'there was nothing that they could do'.

2) I don't remember seeing clear signage for the different blocks in Cricket Stand. I'm not 100% sure there wasnt clear signage but that was my feeling at the time

3) The toilet's were woefully inadequate and incredibly packed

4) There was discriminatory searching of away fans compared to a home turnstile some 15 meters away

5) 5 Burnley players doing a sprint warm down right next to players and Coventry management who were applauding fans which antagonised everyone

Response was
1) That is not acceptable and has to be addressed for the future
2) The safety officer will check
3) Agreed that the toilets in the concourse are inadequate . However there is some marquee outside ground as an overspill option
4) Different categories of searches are made based on risk assessment of each away club. They had already changed the security checks recently at home turnstile some 15 meters away because checks were not being done properly

5) Burnley have already stopped this practice and now run to the other end

Overall the safety officer said they had received similar comments to all my points I've made apart from the signage

Sky Blue Pete

In one of the threads after Burnley match, I did say I would contact Burnley safety officers. I did and have just been contacted even though its been a month since the game

1) I pointed out to them that both the Police and stewards were reluctant to do anything to clear the gangways and they said 'there was nothing that they could do'.

2) I don't remember seeing clear signage for the different blocks in Cricket Stand. I'm not 100% sure there wasnt clear signage but that was my feeling at the time

3) The toilet's were woefully inadequate and incredibly packed

4) There was discriminatory searching of away fans compared to a home turnstile some 15 meters away

5) 5 Burnley players doing a sprint warm down right next to players and Coventry management who were applauding fans which antagonised everyone

Response was
1) That is not acceptable and has to be addressed for the future
2) The safety officer will check
3) Agreed that the toilets in the concourse are inadequate . However there is some marquee outside ground as an overspill option
4) Different categories of searches are made based on risk assessment of each away club. They had already changed the security checks recently at home turnstile some 15 meters away because checks were not being done properly

5) Burnley have already stopped this practice and now run to the other end

Overall the safety officer said they had received similar comments to all my points I've made apart from the signage
Well challenged

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Well challenged
While agreeing with that .I would have thought the safety officer should be walking round on matchdays and pick up these things himself .The first point made was very much safety. Second point any safety officer worth his salt should know the answer to that without having to check.The toilet situation looks like it's an old problem thats just been let drift.
As for security checks I think they are inadequate at most grounds I just dread the day when someone will enter the pitch with a weapon. I've said before I inadvertantly chucked on an old coat from the garage one match that had skrewdriver in the pocket found it when I got home.

Sky Blue Pete

While agreeing with that .I would have thought the safety officer should be walking round on matchdays and pick up these things himself .The first point made was very much safety. Second point any safety officer worth his salt should know the answer to that without having to check.The toilet situation looks like it's an old problem thats just been let drift.
As for security checks I think they are inadequate at most grounds I just dread the day when someone will enter the pitch with a weapon. I've said before I inadvertantly chucked on an old coat from the garage one match that had skrewdriver in the pocket found it when I got home.
No accountability

Users who are viewing this thread