Match Thread ⚽️ Burnley vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 14th Jan (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Not a nice atmosphere at all today - City fans chanting through the silence was brain dead, but a glass bottle was hoyed from the back of the Burnley end into our lot, spilled over a bit afterwards

Where this has all come from with Burnley I have no idea
Our fans do have to start looking at their behaviour .

One fan punched another in our end too

pusbccfc

Why do people keep saying we scored with a last minute penalty as if the negates the result?
So what? We got 3 points.
And yes,we should have done better in the 3 home games but we're still where we are in the form table, nd thats15th.

Will be interested to see the form table in 4 weeks time

pusbccfc

Not a nice atmosphere at all today - City fans chanting through the silence was brain dead, but a glass bottle was hoyed from the back of the Burnley end into our lot, spilled over a bit afterwards

Where this has all come from with Burnley I have no idea

There was only a handful who shouted during the minute silence but they should be ashamed. It seemed like they were coming up from the concourse.

Afterwards was well policed considering. Burnley fans probably do it every week behind the police barrier.

oscillatewildly

There was only a handful who shouted during the minute silence but they should be ashamed. It seemed like they were coming up from the concourse.

Afterwards was well policed considering. Burnley fans probably do it every week behind the police barrier.
What was the silence for?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

In the interview after the game, Mark Robins said, Wilson-Esbrand injury his knee in training on THURSDAY, his first day of training.

What is it with this Club and injury's in training, you couldn't make it up.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Observations of March experiences
Behind the goal was dangerous today. Gangways full of fans and steps steep. Stewards, police and Coventry fans did not care. I had a conversation with one fan and discussed Hillsboro similarities as it had some potential for a mini version of that. His response "I don't give one so 96 fans died, so what" I'm here to support City.
A dad was with his son and in 2nd half a bunch of unpleasant fans moved in front of them. No idea what the son thought of such bad behaviour from them.
Yes singing 'shithole' song when recently died Burnley were given a minutes silence.

Whilst on a rant really disrespect 5 Burnley players doing a sprint warm down next to players and Coventry management applauding fans.They did that on purpose to take the 'piss'. Apparently it's standard procedure at all games, running to away fans end.
We played well but as a football experience today it was dreadful in ground. OK outside ground thankfully.

Last edited:

PVA

Those saying the squad is a disgrace, having two keepers on the bench is a joke etc

It's stating the obvious, but we had 8 players missing today. Obviously that's going to make a big dent in the squad, as it would any other team in the league. Only Watford have more injuries than us at the moment.

Panzo and Wilson-Esbrand will be back next game. Eccles, Godden and Walker are a couple of weeks away. Fadz a week or two behind them.

That's not to say we don't need some more signings, because we do, but this was very much an anomaly. We aren't going to have that bench every week, chill out.

clint van damme

Those saying the squad is a disgrace, having two keepers on the bench is a joke etc

It's stating the obvious, but we had 8 players missing today. Obviously that's going to make a big dent in the squad, as it would any other team in the league. Only Watford have more injuries than us at the moment.

Panzo and Wilson-Esbrand will be back next game. Eccles, Godden and Walker are a couple of weeks away. Fadz a week or two behind them.

That's not to say we don't need some more signings, because we do, but this was very much an anomaly. We aren't going to have that bench every week, chill out.

yeah, but, and I've said this before, this situation has been 2 transfer windows in the making. Hopefully things change under King.
In reality we had 5 first teamers missing today, and I'm stretching that by including Eccles, and as a consequence we've had to raid the U21s to fill the bench, it's piss poor.

Johnnythespider

Isn't Panzo out for 3 games for a straight red

PVA

yeah, but, and I've said this before, this situation has been 2 transfer windows in the making. Hopefully things change under King.
In reality we had 5 first teamers missing today, and I'm stretching that by including Eccles, and as a consequence we've had to raid the U21s to fill the bench, it's piss poor.

It's not a stretch to include Eccles, he's very much in the first team picture.

And it wasn't 5, it was 7 (or 8 if you include Tavares).

Fadz
O’Hare
Godden
Walker
Eccles
Wilson-Esbrand
Panzo

Take 7 players out of most teams in this league and they'll be raiding the 21s. That is not not unique to us.

Macca

I suppose the problem is, IF MR gets all the money, you’ve then got to find one (to maintain) 20 goal a season striker, and another (to progress) 10 - 15 goal a season striker/AM . In fact, given the options available up front and injuries, you’re needing three strikers. If none of them provide an instant return to cover Vik’s goals were down.

For me me, it’s better to stick with the almost guaranteed goal return of Vik between now and end of season and trust MR to bring in the right players as planned in Jan with whatever is available to add. I think he goes in the summer anyway.

Yep good shout I’m just paranoid he is going to get crocked

Macca

Tbh we’re a mid table side without reinforcements and our form is following this. Not consistent enough.

Frustrating thing is knowing how close we are to a very good side.

Robins said the other day about building incrementally and I think we just have to be patient about our expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let’s face it compared to 6 years ago we are being spoilt 😃

clint van damme

It's not a stretch to include Eccles, he's very much in the first team picture.

And it wasn't 5, it was 7 (or 8 if you include Tavares).

Fadz
O’Hare
Godden
Walker
Eccles
Wilson-Esbrand
Panzo

Take 7 players out of most teams in this league and they'll be raiding the 21s. That is not not unique to us.

You really are stretching it by including a loanee who's yet to play and Walker.

Grendel

You really are stretching it by including a loanee who's yet to play and Walker.

O hare is out clearly for nearly a year and Mcfazdean until April. Eccles has played a few games and would never be considered a regular

Users who are viewing this thread