Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Thread - Tuesday 1st Nov (3 Viewers)

alexccfc99

He was hugely impressive tonight . Marshalled an inexperienced back 3 brilliantly , used the ball well and brought it out to great effect at times . Totally agree that he could quite easily be a player with a huge future

The likeliness to a certain John Stones is very similar - You can tell by the way he plays and carries the ball and what not he’s been brought up at Manchester City

10 years ago, Stones was playing week in week out for a struggling Barnsley side in the same league, be interesting to see if Doyle can follow that trajectory

AOM

Brilliant result, they couldn't deal with our pressing first half. Having O'Hare back in the squad seems to change the whole dynamic.

Blackburn fans silent all game. Wouldn't think they were second in the table.

Did I hear Oggy right and he said Matty Godden is out for the season?

PVA

Brilliant result, they couldn't deal with our pressing first half. Having O'Hare back in the squad seems to change the whole dynamic.

Yeah O'Hare is just absolutely critical to the way we play and makes a huge difference to our ability going forward.

I think a lot of people underestimated how much we were missing him during those early games when we struggled

Great_Expectations

Absolutely fantastic performance - no weak links tonight. Every player played their part, with a few absolute stand outs.

First half we showed we’re clearly capable of being a footballing team and playing exciting football on the front foot. Second half we showed we can revert to the more conservative style with a very determined performance.

Atmosphere was terrible too. If people were actually put off by the weather, it being on Sky or the expectation of a thrashing - you missed out big time!

kg82

Pretty comfortable. One lack of communication nearly cost us a goal (probably should have), but we thoroughly deserved that. Ref was very kind to us, especially in the last 10 mins. Personally, thought the red was harsh, but can understand why it was given.

Brighton Sky Blue

Pretty comfortable. One lack of communication nearly cost us a goal (probably should have), but we thoroughly deserved that. Ref was very kind to us, especially in the last 10 mins. Personally, thought the red was harsh, but can understand why it was given.

Makes up for the one not given at Ewood Park last season

olderskyblue

Am I right in saying every player bar Panzo touched the ball in that buildup? Even Wilson.
And Allen’s parts in it too eh. Lovely running across the box to put it away too. ;)

rexo87

I hope Hyam got a decent reception. Was a good player for us and would still be here if we weren’t a shambles.

He got exactly the right reception. No booing but no clapping/over the top nonsense. Was a great player in our rise through the leagues but not our player any more. Really wanted him to mess up tonight more than anyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EalingSB

Was that the Liverpool defender they had on loan? Van Hecke, or something like that?
Van Hecke, yes. On loan from Brighton I think. Just looked back at a WhatsApp conversation with a mate who has a season ticket at Rovers. I described VH as ‘absolutely turd’ but he said the fans liked him.

kg82

Van Hecke, yes. On loan from Brighton I think. Just looked back at a WhatsApp conversation with a mate who has a season ticket at Rovers. I described VH as ‘absolutely turd’ but he said the fans liked him.
Funny how your mind plays tricks on you, I honestly thought it was Liverpool he was on loan from!
By the way, when was the last time a player got a straight red against us? Honestly can’t remember.

Old Warwickshire lad

Just watched last nights highlights on sky. How in gods name could anyone miss the shirt pull on Vik, as he was trying to put the ball in from the corner.
Looked bad enough from block 18 ,but ref was right there ffs.

Balli001

He got exactly the right reception. No booing but no clapping/over the top nonsense. Was a great player in our rise through the leagues but not our player any more. Really wanted him to mess up tonight more than anyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He did watch Allen sail past him to score

AOM

Yeah O'Hare is just absolutely critical to the way we play and makes a huge difference to our ability going forward.

I think a lot of people underestimated how much we were missing him during those early games when we struggled

Better batten down the hatches for January!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

How bad were Blackburn though? Worst this season. Barely threatened. More interested in moaning at the ref. Fans were as bad as I've ever heard (In fact, I didn't even hear them).
A team is only as good as the opponents let them be last night as soon as they got the ball at least1 city player harried them that is when mistakes are made.Thought midfield played the best they have all season as a unit Hamer ,Sheaf and Allen never let them dwell on the ball.As for moaning at the ref.I found little to complain about did think their sending off a bit harsh.The tackle was nowhere near as bad as the 1 on dabo last week.

olderskyblue

A team is only as good as the opponents let them be last night as soon as they got the ball at least1 city player harried them that is when mistakes are made.Thought midfield played the best they have all season as a unit Hamer ,Sheaf and Allen never let them dwell on the ball.As for moaning at the ref.I found little to complain about did think their sending off a bit harsh.The tackle was nowhere near as bad as the 1 on dabo last week.
At the time, viewing from the posh seats ( ;)) it looked as both feet were high with studs showing. The highlights aren’t conclusive on that though.

and did Vik stop the shot that was going in?

Keep thinking about the whole move for our goal. brings a huge grin.

RegTheDonk

Cracking result. Was expecting the worse with Faz out but they manned up at the back and apart from a few scares looked capable. Thought Panzo was great and young Josh did well against what looked like their best player. Good cross from him for the goal too. I'm eating humble pie with Jamie Allen, wtf has happened to him recently? Good job MR picks the team lol. Haven't heard any news this morning so hoping Gus isn't too crocked. Typical if it isn't a booking or a sending off with him, it's an injury.

A bright, hard working performance - well done to the lads. PUSB!

Users who are viewing this thread