Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Thread - Tuesday 1st Nov (4 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

Clearly not as important as the game, but the Hyam angle is an interesting one to watch tomorrow.

By all accounts he wasn’t looking to leave and has an affinity to us (why wouldn’t he tbf, he went from reserve to a Captain in the Championship).

So how does he react; clap before the game, walking round the stadium clap after or ignoring us out of “respect” to his new team.

I hope we give him a good applause before and after, but during the game he’s just another opposition player.

Still, can never get as bad as fans applauding McSheffrey when he scored against us. Embarrassing.

Brighton Sky Blue

Clearly not as important as the game, but the Hyam angle is an interesting one to watch tomorrow.

By all accounts he wasn’t looking to leave and has an affinity to us (why wouldn’t he tbf, he went from reserve to a Captain in the Championship).

So how does he react; clap before the game, walking round the stadium clap after or ignoring us out of “respect” to his new team.

I hope we give him a good applause before and after, but during the game he’s just another opposition player.

Still, can never get as bad as fans applauding McSheffrey when he scored against us. Embarrassing.

Nothing wrong with a good reception before or after the game but that should be as far as it goes. Unless he plans on reviving the Yeovil Hyam for tomorrow night.

Great_Expectations

Game wise we’ve all been distracted by the bigger goings on, so not sure if we’ve missed updates from MR re sickness or there just hasn’t been one?

Moore has to come back, and sickness dependent Gyokeres for Allen and we start our strongest front five. Unfortunately we have no alternatives at WB, but I would bring Rose in for whoever is struggling fitness/sickness wise out of Panzo / Doyle.

If sickness is still rife and considering how exhausted they looked on Saturday it could be a tough evening.

If not, I think it’ll be a competitive game, and we have a chance of a result.

Brighton Sky Blue

Game wise we’ve all been distracted by the bigger goings on, so not sure if we’ve missed updates from MR re sickness or there just hasn’t been one?

Moore has to come back, and sickness dependent Gyokeres for Allen and we start our strongest front five. Unfortunately we have no alternatives at WB, but I would bring Rose in for whoever is struggling fitness/sickness wise out of Panzo / Doyle.

If sickness is still rife and considering how exhausted they looked on Saturday it could be a tough evening.

If not, I think it’ll be a competitive game, and we have a chance of a result.

Just pick whoever's fit enough at this point and go for the previous defensive strategy if too many players seem off it. Choosing to open ourselves up with half a team walking wounded doesn't seem wise.

curly_tom

It is very quiet here for a matchday. A windy Tuesday night is a bit unappealing. I guess it's not looking likely we will get a result but it could happen....

Saddlebrains

It is very quiet here for a matchday. A windy Tuesday night is a bit unappealing. I guess it's not looking likely we will get a result but it could happen....

5 of us not going tonight

My kids have school tomorrow so they dont do night games in term time, my cousin and best mate the other 2 ST holders (we sit as a 5) both ill

Leaves me, and im not going up alone in this shite weather

Skyblueweeman

5 of us not going tonight

My kids have school tomorrow so they dont do night games in term time, my cousin and best mate the other 2 ST holders (we sit as a 5) both ill

Leaves me, and im not going up alone in this shite weather

Correct decision.

You need to be stuck to the laptop my friend with any ITK updates.

Liquid Gold

Right now I couldn't care less about this game with everything else going on.

I'm sure I'll feel different come 7:45 but right now a single game is small fish when the future of the club could be in the balance.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Hard earned 1-0 win Rose with the goal

Last edited:

robbiethemole

from Dom Hyam;

"It's a bit different here,” he said. “I can't lie it attracted me to Blackburn being a solid, big club that knows their future and where they are playing.

“There were a million reasons but that was one of them."

lets hope at 10pm he's crying all the way home

Nick

Administrator
from Dom Hyam;

"It's a bit different here,” he said. “I can't lie it attracted me to Blackburn being a solid, big club that knows their future and where they are playing.

Thought he was forced at gun point?

Greggs

from Dom Hyam;

no spaces between the commas

Blind-Faith

Think we may get beat tonight, but in the grand scheme of things there are bigger things going on at the moment.

So may aswell just go up and enjoy the evening, let’s just hope we play better than we did on Saturday , regardless of the result.

olderskyblue

We wanted to inform our members that Club Coventry Lounge is SOLD OUT for tonight’s game.
Shame, I was going to invite saddlebrains up there for a change…. We could discuss Lewis Hamilton at half time :ROFLMAO:

Terry Gibson's perm

We need to go straight at them tonight and getting Hyam turning towards his own goal as often as we can as he isn’t quick. I won’t boo him tonight and I won’t cheer him either.

If he scores he should celebrate as should all former players of clubs.

SkyBlueSoul

Won't be watching tonight sadly, 10:45 kick off here and long days mean I cba to stay up till midnight or pay a tenner to fall asleep before half time. Head says best we can hope for is a draw so I'll go for a third 2-2 in a row against them.

Users who are viewing this thread