Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Bristol City Match Thread - Sunday 1st Jan (3 Viewers)

Grendel

I don't mind that one. Somebody has to be about for when all the first choice strikers are either injured, shit, or both!

And if after this season he really ain't up to it, he's young enough for a season on loan and if it goes well, there's a fee of sorts to look forward to - if badly, then he's the cheap backup for when we're desperate.

its like offering Martin Lane a new deal

Grendel

No we haven't.
We've gone from looking like a mid table team to still looking like a mid table team.
The usual suspects are creaming themselves at the prospect of us being in a relegation battle, fuckng weirdos.

There is no relegation battle logically unless the so called takeover totally collapses and even then we will stay up probably but it’s going to be a long slog of indifferent results. It’s a league where any team can finish 3 to 6 and we won’t be one of them

ccfc922

Well that was gash. Was hoping Pearson would still be in charge by the time we played Brizzle....

clint van damme

There is no relegation battle logically unless the so called takeover totally collapses and even then we will stay up probably but it’s going to be a long slog of indifferent results. It’s a league where any team can finish 3 to 6 and we won’t be one of them

Unless something happens it will be next season things go to shit.
I'm still absolutely baffled by our owners end game.
I know you have a cutting their cloth theory, I think that's probably right.

ccfc1234

We needed a minimum of 4+ points from the two home games we have just had againt very average teams to maintain momentum. We got 2 and with difficult away games coming up against Burnley and Preston coming up and Norwich with a new manager bounce at home we will need to improve considerably not to drift further away from the play offs.

In some games I wish Robins would be a bit more flexible with his formation. We have wing backs who don't get on the outside too often and have a chronic shortage of CBs. Would it have been out the question to play 4 at the back second half and bring sheaf on for a CB?

.................Wilson..........
Dabo...Rose....Doyle..Bidwell..
...................Sheaf.................
..............Allen....Hamer...
..................Palmer.........
...........Vik...............Fabio.....

Not saying it the answer but at home, when it's not going our way?

Last edited:

Adge

Well there was plenty off effort (2nd half especially it was us pushing for the winner) but now the squad and lack of depth is catching up with us unfortunately.

TomRad85

No we haven't.
We've gone from looking like a mid table team to still looking like a mid table team.
The usual suspects are creaming themselves at the prospect of us being in a relegation battle, fuckng weirdos.
I disagree, I think we looked every bit as good as the teams buzzing around the play offs with a full strength team. Problem is the squad is so piss weak all it takes in an injury or 2 and we're not half as good.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I disagree, I think we looked every bit as good as the teams buzzing around the play offs with a full strength team. Problem is the squad is so piss weak all it takes in an injury or 2 and we're not half as good.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

So you agree with me!

slowpoke

We started like we were going to win by a mile when we finished I was grateful for a point. Waghorn next to Vik worked for 20 minutes but Waggy just not good enough need to find a better replacement for him and another for the Jamie Allen spot someone with pace and I think the way we set up at the start would work well. Allen works hard but little creativity need better. Still confident with the right squad additions we can challenge strong for top six.

Macca

If Vik, Hamer or Sheaf were to get injured...

Indeed. That’s how precarious it is. We could easily become a relegation candidate . Think we would survive though but we can’t afford to lose anymore of our few championship class players

PVA

Guys. We stayed up comfortably first season with a much worse squad.

Yeah as thin and weak as the squad looks now its nothing compared to that season

Dacosta played 18 times, Pask played 17 times. Even Jobello and Kastaneer made appearances. Not to mention Biamou, Kelly and Shipley being basically first choice!

CovenScot

Great to read all the opinions on here. While I appreciate it's the beginning of Jan', I feel Coventry had to beat both Cardiff & Bristol City at home to re-create the November momentum in a push for the play-off places. There are 3 more home games coming this month and I reckon 7 points are needed from those if Coventry are to kick-on again. Naturally, I believe this is possible but those 2 home draws leave me wondering whether the team have enough to get into the top 6 and stay there.

David O'Day

Great to read all the opinions on here. While I appreciate it's the beginning of Jan', I feel Coventry had to beat both Cardiff & Bristol City at home to re-create the November momentum in a push for the play-off places. There are 3 more home games coming this month and I reckon 7 points are needed from those if Coventry are to kick-on again. Naturally, I believe this is possible but those 2 home draws leave me wondering whether the team have enough to get into the top 6 and stay there.
No, we are a decent mid table team and that is ok with me given budgets etc

robbiethemole

Should have had a pen when Vik was pushed over in the box, Lino was flagging for it, but bastard ref played on, why have linos if you’re going to ignore them?

Grendel

Should have had a pen when Vik was pushed over in the box, Lino was flagging for it, but bastard ref played on, why have linos if you’re going to ignore them?

He flagged for offside

Macca

Guys. We stayed up comfortably first season with a much worse squad.

We did but I do wonder if the points required may be higher. I personally do t think we will go down but without change that will be the area of the league we will be competing in

David O'Day

Do some people think we are going to get relegated?

Lads and Lasses stop being such ridiculous bedwetters.

Users who are viewing this thread