23/24 Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

rob9872

I love how everyone thinks its too cheap. There is a cost of living crisis, energy, fuel, supermarket bills increasing. Yes I expect tickets to ho up, but supply and demand must be considered. We had a record season ticket sales last year and I love the atmosphere this past couple of years albeit they're ruining singers corner a bit already, but we're nowhere near selling out and need to maintain those numbers for yhe benefit of everyone. Many diehards will pay whatever they have to, but a number of others won't and if we go too high we miss that balance. Talks of £500 for championship football is ridiculous. That's over £20 a game and you'll find people will pick and choose their matches. Matchday pricing is also too high. No game should be more than £25 or £50 for a family of 2+2 and it would be nice for the EFL to impose that.

Hutch11

I love how everyone thinks its too cheap. There is a cost of living crisis, energy, fuel, supermarket bills increasing. Yes I expect tickets to ho up, but supply and demand must be considered. We had a record season ticket sales last year and I love the atmosphere this past couple of years albeit they're ruining singers corner a bit already, but we're nowhere near selling out and need to maintain those numbers for yhe benefit of everyone. Many diehards will pay whatever they have to, but a number of others won't and if we go too high we miss that balance. Talks of £500 for championship football is ridiculous. That's over £20 a game and you'll find people will pick and choose their matches. Matchday pricing is also too high. No game should be more than £25 or £50 for a family of 2+2 and it would be nice for the EFL to impose that.
Football is nothing without the fans and football is much better with more fans in the ground , I'd love DK to come in and say right, £25 for adults , £10 for kids for all games. Early bird season tickets same price as this year and a bit of a hike to full price , offer interest free to spread the cost.
Look after the people most essential to any club

Sky Blue Harry H

ST money is guaranteed/known income. The club has to make buying a ST attractive (overall saving) yet the price will have to go up (rising costs etc) If we make the matchday prices really cheap, where is the incentive to buy a ST? It means that on a cold night/wet match day, people will swerve it and we'll lose overall income. Also, if people buy on a match by match basis, how can the club forward plan re: budget? It's a tricky balance and the club will get criticised whatever. I think match packages might be a way to help those who can't go regularly?

chiefdave

I love how everyone thinks its too cheap. There is a cost of living crisis, energy, fuel, supermarket bills increasing. Yes I expect tickets to ho up, but supply and demand must be considered.
The flip side of this is we can't expect to consistently be the cheapest for everything and expect to have a competitive squad. The things you list such as energy and fuel prices impact the club as well, they aren't immune.

Not realistic to think we go from the starting point of being one of the cheapest in the league, have a hike in costs, expect an increase in expenditure on the playing squad but still expect cheap tickets.

rob9872

The flip side of this is we can't expect to consistently be the cheapest for everything and expect to have a competitive squad. The things you list such as energy and fuel prices impact the club as well, they aren't immune.

Not realistic to think we go from the starting point of being one of the cheapest in the league, have a hike in costs, expect an increase in expenditure on the playing squad but still expect cheap tickets.
Thing is I don't expect that. Of course I want to win, but its my entertainment and I enjoy a good day out, i enjoy it more when the place is bouncing. On the pitch helps of course, its a two way thing, but rinsing the fans isn't the only way to generate money. I respect the club has rising costs and I acknowledged an increase, but not to the levels some suggested. I also advocated an EFL directive which would level the field bringing some revenue down as much as pushing others up would. Again I accept and suggested its a balance, but push too high when the average person currently has less disposable income and the net result is likely less money, less fans, less income for those players, poor form, resulting in a spiral of lower walk up and ongoing funds. We've been on an upward trajectory throughout Robins tenure and I'd like to see that continue incrementally on and off the pitch.

rob9872

As an aside, what do we think the extra cost brings us? If we increase by £100 it's only my opinion of course, but I suspect we'll lose 1-2,000 supporters from last year, based on what is going on in the world. 13,000 was a record number, so if the drop off is in the middle at 1,500 and still sell 11,500 at the higher price. Of those I would (guess) half are concessions or kids.

Assuming half of the losses are also kids and concessions which I think is less likely but to be fair to the argument, then my back of a fag packet calculations mean we lose 750 x £350 and gain 5,750 x £100 so lose £262,500 and gain £575,000 - net £312,500. Of that vat is 20% leaving £260,416 which is one player at £5k per week (Hillsner or DaCosta - take your pick). Ok I'm being flippant and a bit disingenuous, as we could still sign a dud regardless, but careful recruitment is just as key and of our increasing 2nd tier total revenue, which I think is around £20m this season (someone better on finances like OSB could speculate better than I have) then it's of lower significance. In fact 2 extra games on Sky for being a fun place with good atmosphere would generate the same revenue.

Covkid1968#

It’s a tricky balance…. I’d probably think about match packages if it’s north of £400. But this year has been ridiculous value. Mind you… I pride myself on my shallowness so if a ST unique scarf is thrown in I can be swayed on these things.

Covkid1968#

Love it! I'll be stealing this quote :)
@BadBoy is considering getting a season ticket in block 1…. On row T. You are at one end and I’m the other so I think there is one in the middle going. Not sure if that affects the price 😎

play_in_skyblue_stripes

No idea why a link to Peterborough 23/24 ended up in my email box

1st May prices 429 or 529 depending on the stand.

I actually really enjoyed trip there in 21/22 but their ground is really really old. Much better value to watch the mighty Sky Blues!!!

Skybluecol

If they do that will be me not renewing.

£50 for my 2 to have an ST alongside me paying full whack is a good deal.

If that £50 became say £150+ and mine gets hiked aswell i couldnt justify it
I'm in the same boat although 1 under 18 and 2 under 13....with one hardly going due to be so young. Could mean a £200 hike. Don't mind it for me...but make it cheap for the kids....its not like their seat is being taken up by someone who would pay £400+.

robbiethemole

No idea why a link to Peterborough 23/24 ended up in my email box

1st May prices 429 or 529 depending on the stand.

I actually really enjoyed trip there in 21/22 but their ground is really really old. Much better value to watch the mighty Sky Blues!!!
I got one of those too, I haven't been there for years but bought tickets from their office last time I went. Must still be on the database??

ccfc1234

As an aside, what do we think the extra cost brings us? If we increase by £100 it's only my opinion of course, but I suspect we'll lose 1-2,000 supporters from last year, based on what is going on in the world. 13,000 was a record number, so if the drop off is in the middle at 1,500 and still sell 11,500 at the higher price. Of those I would (guess) half are concessions or kids.

Assuming half of the losses are also kids and concessions which I think is less likely but to be fair to the argument, then my back of a fag packet calculations mean we lose 750 x £350 and gain 5,750 x £100 so lose £262,500 and gain £575,000 - net £312,500. Of that vat is 20% leaving £260,416 which is one player at £5k per week (Hillsner or DaCosta - take your pick). Ok I'm being flippant and a bit disingenuous, as we could still sign a dud regardless, but careful recruitment is just as key and of our increasing 2nd tier total revenue, which I think is around £20m this season (someone better on finances like OSB could speculate better than I have) then it's of lower significance. In fact 2 extra games on Sky for being a fun place with good atmosphere would generate the same revenue.
Agree the sums are not that significant in the grand scheme of things and an away draw at Old Trafford would net us far more. Also a decently full stadium creates an atmosphere people want to come back to and the opposite is also true.

Last edited:

Grendel

slowpoke

Im sure where I sat it was as much as that about 15 years ago
I think you are right. Because it was the first year at the Ricoh I got a ST mainly based on its maximum gate allowed at the time was restricted to about 23000 I’m sure it was over 400quid

samccov1987

We have been lucky with cheap prices since we came back so I fully understand prices will have to rise.
That said I would hope there’s tickets available at £400 full price, charge more for halfway line and legends lounge e.t.c and keep under 11s under £50 with full paying adult.

As mentioned above we don’t sell out and everybody is being squeezed so think the club have to tread a fine line.

Sky Blue Pete

Interesting thoughts. I’m only polling in the sense of I was in marketing id be looking at increasing the costs and if someone asks for my thoughts I want to be armed with some evidence to back up my opinion

slowpoke

Agree, and there’s been a lot of talk on here lately on being allowed to sit in blocks 11,12 & 13. Why not have those blocks ST only so anyone being an arse could have the ticket withdrawn, just a thought.
As for price thinking about it £400/450 for me is about right, decent reductions for school kids about 50% under 10s cheaper I think some clubs allow two per adult ST and then there’s pensioner concessions I’d say somewhere in between.

WestEndAgro

Keep it affordable, a slight increase is acceptable, but we cannot be pricing people out of the equation with big price hikes.
Price it correctly and we will sell bigger numbers than this season, price them too high and numbers will drop.
It's not rocket science

slowpoke

Keep it affordable, a slight increase is acceptable, but we cannot be pricing people out of the equation with big price hikes.
Price it correctly and we will sell bigger numbers than this season, price them too high and numbers will drop.
It's not rocket science
Sell Vik and we sell a lot less.

SBT

The answer is the same as before. Happy to spend more on a season ticket if more is invested into the club.

This season people paid more in record numbers and we were handed a Mowbray-esque transfer window with no money put in to help with the pitch nonsense.
Spot on. If you’re going to justify a 75% increase in ST prices, then you’re going to need to justify it a bit better than just saying “Well you were getting a good deal before”

Levship20

£450? NO. Personally, I want to see the club brave it a little and go for an offer which almost guarantees a min of 20k (walk in and ST holders). Not sure if it was Forest a few years back did this and got nearly full attendances.
In order to get the crowd behind the team and create a good atmosphere, the more the merrier and I fear that if it comes in too expensive, people might stay away if we are going through a rough patch.

mark82

Would people be willing to pay £450? Who would that put off?

Works out just under £20 a match. Wouldn't save much on a per match basis, assuming an average cost of £25 a match ticket. Not horrendous but may put some off that will miss a few matches

mark82

£450? NO. Personally, I want to see the club brave it a little and go for an offer which almost guarantees a min of 20k (walk in and ST holders). Not sure if it was Forest a few years back did this and got nearly full attendances.
In order to get the crowd behind the team and create a good atmosphere, the more the merrier and I fear that if it comes in too expensive, people might stay away if we are going through a rough patch.

Season tickets in recent years have been really good value, and we've not filled. Not sure how much cheaper you could go than recent early bird prices.

Users who are viewing this thread