23/24 Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just to throw a spanner in this. We sit Block 20 but the wife has a visual impairment. Should she pay full price?

Or instead sign up to be a referee?

Only if you're wife is an arrogant prick.

Ashdown

Now I know this is going to be slightly controversial but……As a buyer of tickets for 2 adults x 10 home games a season now, when I come I want to be able to sit somewhere in blocks 14-18 where the atmosphere is and it’s a struggle most games to actually buy two seats together. We tend to do the best we can with rows separating us but then when we get to the seats invariably there are unused seats all over the place and I can only assume to be empty they must be very cheap kids seats ?!
I’m all for giving kids cheap seats but perhaps if they’re not going to actually attend half the time then they should be in an area where there is less demand ?

Robinshio

Now I know this is going to be slightly controversial but……As a buyer of tickets for 2 adults x 10 home games a season now, when I come I want to be able to sit somewhere in blocks 14-18 where the atmosphere is and it’s a struggle most games to actually buy two seats together. We tend to do the best we can with rows separating us but then when we get to the seats invariably there are unused seats all over the place and I can only assume to be empty they must be very cheap kids seats ?!
I’m all for giving kids cheap seats but perhaps if they’re not going to actually attend half the time then they should be in an area where there is less demand ?
agree, Kids reductions in family area

Robinshio

Great shout that
£100 on Season tickets, generates less than £1m if all renew
if you lose 2000 Season ticket holders, that goes down to £500k with lower spend on food/drink/parking/kits etc

The zone pricing seems the sensible option - maybe starting at £350 and up to £450 for early bird and £400 to £525 for normal

Grendel

SBT

Its hardly the point though is it - its about relative pricing to competition
It’s about defending against the fallacy that unless we fans suck up a ~30% increase, then we don’t care about the club’s ability to compete financially. While it’s obvious that the current pricing doesn’t make a ton of economic sense, having artificially cheap season tickets can benefit the club in other ways too.

Grendel

It’s about defending against the fallacy that unless we fans suck up a ~30% increase, then we don’t care about the club’s ability to compete financially. While it’s obvious that the current pricing doesn’t make a ton of economic sense, having artificially cheap season tickets can benefit the club in other ways too.

You are adopting the Wasps pricing strategy of brand devaluation

SBT

You are adopting the Wasps pricing strategy of brand devaluation
In what way? I’m saying it might be nice if season tickets were affordable for a broader group of people; I’m not saying they should be given out like candy.

Grendel

In what way? I’m saying it might be nice if season tickets were affordable for a broader group of people; I’m not saying they should be given out like candy.

We are the 3rd cheapest out of 23 now. Why should that bet the case. We need to build the brand we are now establishing. Our pricing just makes no real sense. What I would say and have said for years is the club should work with the Car Park Agency and the Council parking company to offer deals for season ticket holders as a package as that would solve one of the big issues of reserved parking

• Haha
Reactions: SBT

SBT

We are the 3rd cheapest out of 23 now. Why should that bet the case. We need to build the brand we are now establishing. Our pricing just makes no real sense. What I would say and have said for years is the club should work with the Car Park Agency and the Council parking company to offer deals for season ticket holders as a package as that would solve one of the big issues of reserved parking
Very brave stance for you, someone who drives to games, to demand the club puts up season ticket prices but offsets it with cheaper parking

Why shouldn’t our STs be the third cheapest? Does our brand suffer if we’re known for being a team that doesn’t just price tickets according to how much money we can squeeze out of fans?

Macca1987

I'm all for an increase to give the club more money, however some of the price rises here are laughable (over 50% in some cases). I am also totally against pricing by area, the CBS (Ricoh) as it was, was sold as an unrestricted view experience for the whole ground. Some people like to sit in singers corner, some in the main stand blocks etc etc. Finally @Greggs I've been a close follower of your posts, mostly amusing, but I have to take you to task over mentioning Northampton in one of your previous posts. If it was just to get a rise then I won't think too much about it, but if not, poor show from you, as a man who has a genius way normally with the wind up :mad: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Grendel

Very brave stance for you, someone who drives to games, to demand the club puts up season ticket prices but offsets it with cheaper parking

Why shouldn’t our STs be the third cheapest? Does our brand suffer if we’re known for being a team that doesn’t just price tickets according to how much money we can squeeze out of fans?

Sorry you are just clueless

Greggs

I'm all for an increase to give the club more money, however some of the price rises here are laughable (over 50% in some cases). I am also totally against pricing by area, the CBS (Ricoh) as it was, was sold as an unrestricted view experience for the whole ground. Some people like to sit in singers corner, some in the main stand blocks etc etc. Finally @Greggs I've been a close follower of your posts, mostly amusing, but I have to take you to task over mentioning Northampton in one of your previous posts. If it was just to get a rise then I won't think too much about it, but if not, poor show from you, as a man who has a genius way normally with the wind up :mad: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
i'm proud of my 1600 points and some of the free flowing football we played at Northampton will live with me forever.

edgy

1678724771781.png
All these seats are unrestricted view. But the clearly some have better views than others. And so people will pay more for them.

Same at the CBS. I sat behind the goal on Saturday and struggled a bit to see the other end. And I'd pay more to be able to see both goals clearly. I'd imagine over 90% of clubs have zones or at least stands priced accordingly. We've been very lucky to have no zones pricing recently.

Greggs

View attachment 28712
All these seats are unrestricted view. But the clearly some have better views than others. And so people will pay more for them.

Same at the CBS. I sat behind the goal on Saturday and struggled a bit to see the other end. And I'd pay more to be able to see both goals clearly. I'd imagine over 90% of clubs have zones or at least stands priced accordingly. We've been very lucky to have no zones pricing recently.
couldn't you have just got a ticket a few rows higher, for the same price?

Johhny Blue

They should start charging to use the toilets.
I never piss or shit at the ground, yet I see people around me constantly meandering off to the bogs. I'd be happy paying £350 with no toilet access.
There are some £350 deals done in those bogs

Terry Gibson's perm

We are going to have a price increase for sure and hopefully it’s one everybody can live with as it would be sad to see the crowds shrink.

Being in the block 20 mafia I don’t want to see a big increase in there.

They could increase the price of the jsb season tickets but include a free shirt as you feel you are getting something for nothing even though you aren’t.

Not going to put anything about the senior citizen pricing as people just get grumpy.

win9nut

The argument would be if you want your team to compete at the top you can’t expect to pay the lowest amounts. Seems reasonable but I do think concessions for kids pensioners etc are essential and with the cost of living mmj’s work becomes more and more important
My issue is that I can't make every game...
STH at the moment, but I miss 7 or 8 home games each season. Buying single tickets quickly start to become the cheaper option...
Like I said, my issue, not everyone else's...

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The unused seats are probably different ones each time. I sit fairly central and you see gaps there in different positions people may be on holiday or live some distance away many reasons.A couple who sit in front of me missed almost half this season through illness but still comitted to a season ticket.Things aren't always what they seem.

SBAndy

£399 early bird, £450 after. Expect boxes to go up steeply again: my prediction is £9,000+VAT.

Ashdown

The unused seats are probably different ones each time. I sit fairly central and you see gaps there in different positions people may be on holiday or live some distance away many reasons.A couple who sit in front of me missed almost half this season through illness but still comitted to a season ticket.Things aren't always what they seem.
In that case as at other clubs and my team in Spain do it, make it possible for people to go online for 5 minutes of their time before each match 2 days before and declare if the seat is to be used. If not then the club can resell it and make more revenue.

clint van damme

In that case as at other clubs and my team in Spain do it, make it possible for people to go online for 5 minutes of their time before each match 2 days before and declare if the seat is to be used. If not then the club can resell it and make more revenue.

Not sure what benefit that will be when there's 1000s of empty seats anyway?
Good idea in a sold out stadium.

pw362

My issue is that I can't make every game...
STH at the moment, but I miss 7 or 8 home games each season. Buying single tickets quickly start to become the cheaper option...
Like I said, my issue, not everyone else's...
I've got the same issue due to work commitments. But got an early bird ST. If you miss 7/8 games its still under £20 a game.

Grendel

So you don’t know?

Know what? We must be the only club other than Bradford that in real terms have reduced prices by 40% in the last 15 years despite being in the same league with arguably a better product

Its an utterly absurd mindset and needs to stop

I couldn’t care less myself about the parking as it’s just an irritant. Frankly if the season ticket doubled I wouldn’t blink

it’s not the point though - if you carry out some research across customer base and in fact the Arena events as a whole - parking is hugely criticised. So a package gives supporters assurance of a decent place to park (which a lot of people want) and a season ticket will eliminate for many a primary objection.

Whatever kings limitations or not he will look at this as a business I’m pretty sure. So season tickets will not be cheap compared to competitors - competitive but not cheap and I personally think it’s fair.

If he could work with the FG it’s pretty obvious that he could create a package so people could travel to matches together in a vehicle and eliminate the negative reviews the stadium gets regarding travel and location.

SBT

Know what? We must be the only club other than Bradford that in real terms have reduced prices by 40% in the last 15 years despite being in the same league with arguably a better product

Its an utterly absurd mindset and needs to stop
That doesn’t explain why it’s an inherently bad idea for our STs to be more affordable than our peers’, nor does it explain why our brand would be damaged by doing so.

Our cheap season tickets are a bad business idea which have helped to rejuvenate the city’s relationship with the club, and made the matchday experience better than it has been for decades. It’d be fair enough calling me clueless for wanting to keep it that way if I was the CFO, but as a fan?

Grendel

That doesn’t explain why it’s an inherently bad idea for our STs to be more affordable than our peers’, nor does it explain why our brand would be damaged by doing so.

Our cheap season tickets are a bad business idea which have helped to rejuvenate the city’s relationship with the club, and made the matchday experience better than it has been for decades. It’d be fair enough calling me clueless for wanting to keep it that way if I was the CFO, but as a fan?

the season tickets were cheaper at sixfields and at Andrew’s

perhaps that’s the way forward

clint van damme

I think most people want to see investment in the squad now and that needs to be paid for.
Expecting cheap season tickets and King to throw his own money about is unrealistic in my opinion.

SBT

I think most people want to see investment in the squad now and that needs to be paid for.
Expecting cheap season tickets and King to throw his own money about is unrealistic in my opinion.
I would agree if we’d seen a real correlation between ST sales and investment in the squad, but that hasn’t happened has it? Certainly not this year.

Season ticket revenue alone isn’t going to move the needle in this division. Make every season ticket holder pay £75 extra (many won’t) and that gets you less than a million quid - a couple of small/nominal fees, according to some. King is going to have to throw his own money about whatever happens - why pretend that it’s actually incumbent on us?

Users who are viewing this thread