Academy Protest Idea's (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Another protest is fill the Ricoh for the first home game, screw SISU and the council it is about CCFC!

Always could fill the Ricoh for the first Wasps game and create a true football atmosphere.....

skybluetony176

A quick google says that the Warwickshire Netball Academy is based there http://www.warwickshirenetball.co.uk/

I wonder how aware they were of this? Either way sounds like they're another sports body we could join forces with to fight this. What other sports could be effected by this that currently enjoy facilities at the Higgs centre? Surely if more sports are going to be damaged by allowing one sport to move in the harder it's going to be for Coventry SPORTS Trust to justify allowing it in the first place?

how about a sit in at the higgs centre, we could book a 5 aside pitch, play a game, then when are time was up we just refuse to leave

The Lurker

A Twitter storm is your best option. I will start tweeting and and trying to get non Ccfc fans on board too. More the better.

Protests are meaningless, most uproars nowadays triggered by social media.

Terry Gibson's perm

Always could fill the Ricoh for the first Wasps game and create a true football atmosphere.....

But I can't as I won't give a penny to the London side ever unless you can lay your hands on a few thousand freebies

SkyBlueZack

Hammer the Higgs facebook? Twitter? RFU? They seem to have gone back on their word? Or was it just that Wasps academy and catchment area remained south? Seems strange how they proclaim to have nothing to do with London and are now settled yet their catchment area is London. Let's hope our fans and fans of other clubs, both football and rugby can help us stop this.

italiahorse

Just a few thoughts,
The Wasps complex only removes one of the pitches from the academy, all the other academy facilities are in place.
The protest should be to stop the swimming pool being placed in the indoor pitch area and either moved to where the Wasps car park (Resite to skate park) or not built at all.
Also a lot of the younger academy activities take place outside Wasps working hours because most are in school so whats to stop the academy using the Wasps indoor pitch ?
Nothing is going to stop the application going ahead so the plan should be to get the plans modified to include the CCFC academy.
We need a firm statement from CCFC that they need the academy for a long time so we can make sure we are working together.

Nick

Administrator
Just a few thoughts,
The Wasps complex only removes one of the pitches from the academy, all the other academy facilities are in place.
The protest should be to stop the swimming pool being placed in the indoor pitch area and either moved to where the Wasps car park (Resite to skate park) or not built at all.
Also a lot of the younger academy activities take place outside Wasps working hours because most are in school so whats to stop the academy using the Wasps indoor pitch ?
Nothing is going to stop the application going ahead so the plan should be to get the plans modified to include the CCFC academy.
We need a firm statement from CCFC that they need the academy for a long time so we can make sure we are working together.
You mean like the statement earlier saying long term wanted past 2017?

Grendel

Just a few thoughts,

Are you buying a wasps season ticket next season?

mark82

Let's get all the facts first then decide a course of action that we ALL agree with.

Agree. All we are getting at the moment are political answers. This for example...

Does CSF believe it is realistic that CCFC could extend its stay at the Higgs Centre?

“The football club have – on the record – made it plain over recent years that it planned to move to a custom built complex including an academy and have expressed that view to me in meetings so we have, naturally, worked on that basis.

“That is partially why agreements were framed to end this summer.”

So, we need quick action. Can the Trust organise something? Can you keep people on here up to date. There are many, myself included, who will be willing to help in whatever way we can.

chiefdave

Do you know that for a fact? The plan on the CCC site only shows 1 pitch and shows that being changed to a rugby pitch with Wasps training centre being built in place of another pitch. So that's two gone. Wouldn't have thought existing pitches being changed from football to rugby would need to be shown on a planning application.

I would be interested to hear from Wasps / CSF why we would need to use the Wasps kicking area when these plans don't show the current indoor football pitch being removed.

chiefdave

Just a thought, what happened to Wasps buying the Severn Trent land? Isn't this all happening on Higgs land?

mattylad

Wasps have offered use of its new facilities at a very generous rate it's breaking now

SkyBlueZack

So if Italia buys a season ticket for Wasps is that ok? If his money goes towards constructing a training facility that takes away our academy? That puts the future of our football club at risk. That same football club he has supported far before Wasps arrived here. All because he hates SISU that much he appears to not mind that it's the football club in danger. People have come on and all agreed with having to do something to stop this. People have suggested ideas etc. What has Italia done? Kept picking at the club. Do you not question his motives?

Grendel

Stuff like this is really not helpful. Let's keep this on track with no bickering. We are all on the same side here.

Are we? If Italia is buying a season ticket that's not the case is it?

stupot07

For two hours in the evening? If we can maintain academy status under those terms I would be amazed.
Yep no chance that is enough, yes school aged children train in the evenings, but the 16-18 year olds train in the day.

Plus the cat 2 requirements say the academy should have exclusive use of the facility at all times.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I think this will weed out some of the actual people with ccfcs best interests at heart.

lethargy wins again, cov fans are so pathetic.. fucking twitter storms, facebook campaigns, its fucking embarrassing we need to go down and throw dog shit in these cunts faces.

wake up you fucking lazy mugs

Samo

i will son

you stick to sipping shandys down the wheatsheaf and reading the ladbible

pathetic

Throwing dog shit, yeah that's the way to go.... I bet that's what was slung from the grassy knoll.

shy_tall_knight

The Sky Blue trust have to lead any protest. As a thought most junior teams are desperate for pre -season match practice in August, there is a real shortage of avai;able pitches. A massive junior football tournament to be held at the Higgs Centre with other suggestions that I've read here such as ex academy players turning up to present prizes run training sessions etc..I played rugby at school, love the 6 nations but this is getting serious and we have to stop the establishment as rugby/WASPS being the dominant club/sport in the city.

Throwing dog shit, yeah that's the way to go.... I bet that's what was slung from the grassy knoll.

no your right, to be fair im going to unlike the ccfc facebook page and wait for fleet street to catch wind......i think ill have guy pearce play me in the movie adaptation

mug

Users who are viewing this thread