ACL make a bid for CCFC Ltd (1 Viewer)

jon92

is this a joke or has this been said at the forum? i never know what to believe these days the ammount of sh*t our owners talk

Grendel

That would be catastrophic how the hell is that "good news"

chiefdave

I'm sorry but there's no way Linnel accidentally revealed that.

Only on twitter at the moment, we'll find out for sure when people start coming out of the forum.

artridge ‏@partridge1971
ACL have put a bid in apparently, he says SISU need to listen to Appleton, he says whoever it is needs to prove funds

martin sutton ‏@covmartin
@partridge1971 did I read that right? ACL have put a bid in for CCFC LTD?

Matt Partridge ‏@partridge1971
@covmartin Yes mate

martin sutton ‏@covmartin
@partridge1971 blimey. Begs the question how Fisher knows that. I thought the bids were confidential?

@covmartin Linnell let the cat out of the bag

stupot07

Didn't les Reid suggest this might happen a few weeks ago as it means they access more information on the administation?

Steve_75

Only way it could be anything more than putting a bid in 'for the sake of it' would be if they've found their own serious backer who could throw a wedge at Ltd and maybe pay off the council's loan (thereby possibly stopping the need for SISU's court action on that front). Potentially they could have a reasonable income that could be used for FFP. If they could sort out the Compass contract, there could be more income there too.
Would make a lot of sense if that was the case.
Still have a nasty feeling SISU have the bidding all sewn up already though.

chiefdave

If, and its a big if, ACL could get the club while writing off most if not all the money owed to ACL we'd be pretty much back at zero and in a position to join the club and the stadium together. If that happened there would be no rent so does ACL make enough profit to cover the losses of CCFC and would they be able to invest enough money to give us a shot at the championship or higher? As a part council owned company aren't they going to be in trouble if they start chucking money at a football club. The other thing would be if they've got someone lined up to buy it straight off them with everything in one nice easy package (still have the issue of what rights holdings have).

Bluegloucester

If, and its a big if, ACL could get the club while writing off most if not all the money owed to ACL we'd be pretty much back at zero and in a position to join the club and the stadium together. If that happened there would be no rent so does ACL make enough profit to cover the losses of CCFC and would they be able to invest enough money to give us a shot at the championship or higher? As a part council owned company aren't they going to be in trouble if they start chucking money at a football club. The other thing would be if they've got someone lined up to buy it straight off them with everything in one nice easy package (still have the issue of what rights holdings have).

That would be the sensible move.

chiefdave

Is it not a tad strange that Linnell knows this?

not that strange, pretty sure he speaks to people at ACL. could easily have been told something off the record and if it's all got a bit heated tonight let it slip. guess we'll know when people start emerging from the forum and post their updates.

ccfclinney

I suspect acl would sell it straight on to haskell and co..
write of there debt sell half stadium to them, suppose it will be down to what will be the best offer,
i guess sisu would write of there 10m.. debt to avro though so would win hands down really?

wingy

not that strange, pretty sure he speaks to people at ACL. could easily have been told something off the record and if it's all got a bit heated tonight let it slip. guess we'll know when people start emerging from the forum and post their updates.

I doubt they'd share much with SL dave he's got a big down on them.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Maybe someone 'reliable' told SL as a lie, to see if he would 'accidentally' release this info, claiming it came from one of his 'sources' as he does?

Maybe it is true!

Maybe they wanted him to disclose it and throw a cat amongst the pigeons.

All these theories are giving me a headache....

covlad1986

I suspect acl would sell it straight on to haskell and co..
write of there debt sell half stadium to them, suppose it will be down to what will be the best offer,
i guess sisu would write of there 10m.. debt to avro though so would win hands down really?

Have you ever thought that is could be bying and his backers because it has been reported that he has not put a bid in.
So ACL could have put a bid in to buy CCFC LTD and if they get it sell it straight to Bying and co with the arena.

bigfatronssba

Have you ever thought that is could be bying and his backers because it has been reported that he has not put a bid in.
So ACL could have put a bid in to buy CCFC LTD and if they get it sell it straight to Bying and co with the arena.

ACL would have to prove they have the money to do it though.

Bigelvesy

Im at the forum, linell announced he'd heard it through sources but it is as yet unconfirmed.
Would make sense, council will want to keep the club in coventry at the end of the day

oakey

I have to confess I suggested just this to a family member months ago but was told it couldn't happen. I kept the thought to myself as a result.
ACL buying the club and selling it on to approved buyers seems a pretty good idea.

covlad1986

ACL would have to prove they have the money to do it though.

I thought that to but that was the first thing that came to mind. Because it is strange how Micheal Bying was saying they will get a bid in before the deadline but reported that they haven't.

Plus ACL wouldn't have the money to back the club so I don't think they could try and do that one.

Bigelvesy

The acl bid announcement was the second bit of linells info,
1st reported that byng and his lot nearly pulled out, were convinced to stay and got a bid in on time

fleebagfisher

Has nobody realised that ccc have been manouvering for a buyout. I thought this was common knowledge. Imagine ccfc run by the mutton and his pals. The council have run the town centre into the ground... ... What would they do to us!! no way acl/coventry council

oakey

Mutton has been replaced by Ann Taylor.
I think the council would sell.
They would be hard pushed to do a worse job than our current owners, who have set the bar low.

cloughie

If it is in any way true then I would have to assume it is a stratagy employed by haskel

maybe he has bought 50% of ACL and got the funds to back their bid as an alternative to is own

Just a conspiracy of course

Users who are viewing this thread