Match Thread AFC Wim'don v Coventry Match Thread - Tuesday 14th Feb (4 Viewers)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

My 2nd game of the season after the Charlton debacle, easy trip after work. It will be this I reckon. We don't really have any strikers fit enough (G Thomas aside) to last 90 at the moment. Keep it tight (lol) for an hour and then introduce Folivi / Kwame as fresh legs up top. Reckon he may well drop Rawson for Turnbull:

RCC

Foley
Clarke
Turnbull
Haynes

G Thomas
Reilly
Gadzhev
Rose
Reid

Tudgay

Burge, DKE, Rawson, Bigi, Jones, K Thomas, Folivi

skyblue025

Slade seems too have the hump with Stevenson and bigi. Neither of them can get a game. Don't know why people want to play 5 in midfield when the tactic is to smash it over the midfield.

steve82

Slade seems too have the hump with Stevenson and bigi. Neither of them can get a game. Don't know why people want to play 5 in midfield when the tactic is to smash it over the midfield.

Stevenson is injured and bigi didn't set the world alight against Brighton u23's. That said I'd bring him in for rose who's disappointed me lately

Last edited:

steve82

Based on no Beavon, Turnbull in for Rawson, DKE as a right winger to use his pace and get balls in the box with more experienced player in Foley in behind him. Bigi in for Rose who's not impressed me lately. Yakubu on the bench and K Thomas who's still returning from a long absence.
----------------RCC-----------------
-Foley--Clarke(c)--Turnbull---Haynes-
--DKE--Bigirimana----Reilly----Reid--
---------Thomas ----Tudgay ---------
Burge, Harries, Rawson, Rose, Jones, Yakubu, K Thomas.

vow

I'm in London that day and would've gone in the evening.

But realised it's Valentine's Day so not sure the wife would appreciate it...

We're as good as down. At some point, the pressure will ease and we'll pick up points.

Still think we'll lose 2-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your priorities need to be fixed sharpish like! :emoji_8ball:

Gazolba

I'm forecasting a 1-1 draw in the Prediction League.
However, the last few times I forecast a draw for us, we lost.
However, I know if I change my prediction to a defeat, we'll draw.
However, if anyone on here uses the above to get me to change my prediction to a defeat, we really will get beaten.
So I'm sticking with 1-1.

PS: Yakubu won't play, he'll make his debut at home.

Otis

Because since his debut goal he hasn't scored in 6 games (if you count the one against Wycombe, I'm a Dutchman).
He has played very well since he came here and said himself, he is more of a provider than a goalscorer.

Probably the one player who does deserve a bit of glory.

covcity4life

according to some posters we play it around loads in midfield under slade lol

rob9872

With our form and realistic expectations, then even when I was attending more away games this would have been a hard sell in south London on a cold midweek night. Great commitment and fair play to anyone attending. Hope you have a safe and uneventful trip with a City win!

Edgey95

Wheres anyone drinking before the match? Anywhere close to Norbiton station/the ground? getting there about 18:40

Edgey95

Norbiton is in the middle of nowhere really – I’d either get off at New Malden (there are pubs around there) or get a drink at the ground maybe.
Google maps and their website says its the closest stop? I might still go Norbiton, then just get to the ground early and have a couple there!

Nick

Administrator
New signing Yakubu could feature, subject to international clearance...

Skipper Jordan Willis is set serve the final game of his suspension, while Stuart Beavon is yet again a fitness doubt after missing the trip to Oldham at the weekend.

Having completed his signing yesterday, frontman Yakubu may be included in Russell Slade's matchday 18, subject to gaining international approval.

City could be boosted by the inclusion of forward Kwame Thomas, who scored on his return to first-team action on Saturday, and came through the game unscathed.

Ben Stevenson is also likely to be left behind, while he continues to nurse a hamstring problem.

Read more at INJURY NEWS: Coventry City v AFC Wimbledon - Striker Stuart Beavon a doubt for this evening's League One tie

oucho

Wheres anyone drinking before the match? Anywhere close to Norbiton station/the ground? getting there about 18:40
I suggest the Canbury Arms, just round the corner from Kingston station (which is one stop further on than Norbiton). Once you've had enough beer you can either walk or get a bus to the ground (or get the train one stop if you time it right!). Kingston generally has got some decent pubs and is near to the ground - Norbiton itself is just an outer London residential area without much around. There is a decent bar at the ground though serving ales.

fernandopartridge

You can see the Kingsmeadow complex from the railway line when you come through New Malden, would have liked to tick that one off tonight. It looks like the government one way or another are trying to throw as many spanners in the works as possible for the new stadium in Merton.

Edgey95

I suggest the Canbury Arms, just round the corner from Kingston station (which is one stop further on than Norbiton). Once you've had enough beer you can either walk or get a bus to the ground (or get the train one stop if you time it right!). Kingston generally has got some decent pubs and is near to the ground - Norbiton itself is just an outer London residential area without much around. There is a decent bar at the ground though serving ales.
cheers mate, probably gonna have a couple on the train then just go to the pub at the ground!

oucho

cheers mate, probably gonna have a couple on the train then just go to the pub at the ground!

You mean the bar inside the main stand? If not, I don't know which pub you mean. I've been to that ground 4-5 times and can confirm there is a dearth of pubs in the immedaite area!

skybluepm2

I'm quite optimistic of gaining at least a point tonight (which I know won't be enough but at least will stop the rot).

RCC

DKE
Clarke
Turnbull
Haynes

Jones
Reilly
Stevenson
Reid

Thomas
Yakubu (if cleared)

DKE and Turnbull should be rewarded for their performances in the EFL game particularly after Saturday's woeful showing although knowing Slade's apparent favouritism and insistence of playing his own signings I imagine it will be the same line up as Oldham.

1-1 with Reilly scoring to put us ahead from long range before a crushing equaliser from the Dons in the 90th minute.

Users who are viewing this thread