All purpose cricket thread (4 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

So chuffed for Root. A great bloke and amazing player. Also pleased for Foakes who's obviously the best wk but needs to prove it with the bat. Very good win this for England….almost dull finish….very unEngland !

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just read that Root became the second English batman to reach 10,000 runs at EXACTLY the same age as the only other Englishman to do it, Alistair Cook. Weird.

CCFCSteve

Massive missed chance with Mitchell yesterday. I had a bad feeling at the time and it’s played out that way. Need a decent spinner and one of the proper quicks back really

Terry Gibson's perm

Massive missed chance with Mitchell yesterday. I had a bad feeling at the time and it’s played out that way. Need a decent spinner and one of the proper quicks back really

i would have stuck with Parkinson he’s more likely to take a wicket than Leach.

Terry Gibson's perm

Agreed. He turns the ball a lot more although they keep saying he bowls too slow at test level don’t they. Only one way to find out

If it’s all about speed then they shouldn’t be picking Anderson Broad or Potts as none of them are quick enough.

tisza

No idea what to make of this match. One interesting stat every batsman that has gone past 50 runs was dropped before they got to 50.

CCFCSteve

No idea what to make of this match. One interesting stat every batsman that has gone past 50 runs was dropped before they got to 50.

Yeah, there’s been plenty of chances that could’ve changed the game. Pleased for Pope and Lees to get big scores. Roots just a machine !

Terry Gibson's perm

I can see England winning if they get near to their total today, Broad is due one of his Broad days and could bowl them out quickly.

skybluesam66

It is very much down to Root this morning - out early, and we could get skittled within the hour - New zealand set 350 by tomorrow noon, and then we have one of our collapses

tisza

mini collapse - probably going to be behind - will probably mean New zealand win or most probably draw
Early inroads (hold your catches!!) and they'll have to bat out a draw.
Stokes knock going to have frightened them a bit plus his history against them. Still a fairly friendly batting surface. Plus a bowler short.

pipkin73

Great thinking by the ECB. Get people in to create an atmosphere. If England can get 3 quick wickets, they could be chasing 260-290.
With the form of the batters (a long time since we could say that) and the crowd behind them, they could knock those runs off and win the series against the current Champions of Test Cricket. Our top 7 can all hit quick runs, if we lose a few wickets early we can just play out time, plenty of players in the team are capable of that.

SkyBlueSoul

giphy.gif

SkyBlueSoul

Stokes and Bairstow have slipped nicely into ODI mode, this is some big hitting. I get the sense it's working because it's actually the game plan rather than them coming in and getting impatient/taking it upon themselves to boost the run rate. New Zealand's bowling helping as well

Still can't shake the feeling that it's the hope that kills you....

SkyBlueSoul

Bairstow 123 from 86 :oops: with Stokes carrying an injury can easily see him getting to 150 from 100 now.

Saying that, Stokes has just got to his 50 with a six 😅

Users who are viewing this thread