All ready about 400 queuing (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
why, its not a big deal if the season ticket holders don't get to sit in their seat for this game, the seats will still be protected for sale after this game. It's just foolish to wait till 930am tomorrow to release them, hell at the very least why not put them up for sale this evening and that makes life alot easier for the website.

They should have gotten the season tickets on sale quicker, then on saturday put gillingham tickets up for sale, once all the seats are sold then release the season tickets right away. They have created masses of extra work for themselves this way and made it almost impossible to renew a season ticket over the phone.

I know that, I wouldn't care if I was a ST holder about not being in my exact seat but you know for a fact there would be outrage about it about their seats being given to other people and how they don't get any respect etc etc. ;)

shmmeee

Because, I'm afraid, after having to wait for permission, ex-season ticket holders were priority to get sorted. Seems pretty sensible to me and good to see the club prioritising to those fans

No they weren't. STs could've waited. Fair enough giving a period where they can buy, but not all the way up to the day of the game.

Shambles and asking for trouble doing online only with our IT systems.

Should've given ST holders a week to get theirs, giving longer spread people out as they thought they had time.

Our club desperately needs someone with a project management qualification.

Kingokings204

So now they do try to give a shit it is wrong? I get it now ;)

Can't win either way springs to mind.

No tbh I did think of that. They didn't give a shit last season and now they do. It's the club changing their minds not me.

Maybe the club created that "can't win either way" attitude with fans?

Nick

Administrator
No tbh I did think of that. They didn't give a shit last season and now they do. It's the club changing their minds not me.

Maybe the club created that "can't win either way" attitude with fans?

Or maybe some fans just love moaning and have done way before SISU were here?

They don't give ST holders enough time "I have been a season ticket holder for 30 years and sat in the same seat and now they have given it away. It is disgusting and I won't go up again ever. They are stopping my kids from watching the football team they love so now I have bought them full chelsea kits and we are now chelsea fans and it is ALL SISU's fault"
They give them plenty of time "They don't care about normal fans, they are doing this on purpose so we don't fill the ground so they look silly and get egg on their face, they are spiteful."

The fact is, their IT system is a bit crap so that screws up online sales and the phone lines are blocked up with people calling about online sales preventing people from ordering. People can't order online so rush down to the store and cause a big queue.

Nick

Administrator
No they weren't. STs could've waited. Fair enough giving a period where they can buy, but not all the way up to the day of the game.

Should've given ST holders a week to get theirs, giving longer spread people out as they thought they had time.

Exactly, and a new IT system.

Noggin

I know that, I wouldn't care if I was a ST holder about not being in my exact seat but you know for a fact there would be outrage about it about their seats being given to other people and how they don't get any respect etc etc. ;)

sure but they would just have to suck it up just like all the season ticket holders being moved out of the north stand had too. They would have had enough time to renew and if they didn't deal with it quick enough then tough, they would have had plenty of time too as they would have been able to use online and the phones without them being screwed up by gillingham sales.

Nick

Administrator
You looking for a job Nick? You already destroyed GMKs userbase with your stable website skills. Fancy taking on CCFC?

Wouldn't be too hard, I have one of these in the attic:

computercasediagram.jpg

Will bust out the dial up connection also!

theferret

Haha, people getting angry over it! Calm down! They've had less than 2 weeks, have probably sold near on 26-27k tickets. For that to happen is a stirling effort in my opinion. Maybe they should've just sold the tickets for £25 and thought sod the demand?

Nobody is saying it hasn't been difficult, because it clearly has, and you will never please everybody.

All that aside - there are thousands of seats they are not going to sell it seems. Nobody can explain why they cannot sell those seats to the people in the queue now. That's a reasonable question to be asking. Hopefully they will.

Nick

Administrator
sure but they would just have to suck it up just like all the season ticket holders being moved out of the north stand had too. They would have had enough time to renew and if they didn't deal with it quick enough then tough, they would have had plenty of time too as they would have been able to use online and the phones without them being screwed up by gillingham sales.

I totally agree, but there would be just as much outrage ;)

kg82

I can't be bothered to argue. People are throwing their toys out because they haven't got a ticket.

shy_tall_knight

Quote from a guy in the queue, 'Does Gary McSheffrey still play for Cov?'

Say Yes and his had a good season playing alongside Dion Dublin and with Dave Bennett on the right and Yorath in the middle its going to be a good season. Wait for the abuse this die hard fan will give some of our lesser players cos they're not as good as Tommy Hutchinson

Kingokings204

Or maybe some fans just love moaning and have done way before SISU were here?

As normal the truth lies somewhere in the middle most probably. I never really moan about owners although I do about the team playing shit mind you.

This ticket debacle could of been handled much better IMO as with most peoples view. I bet there are a loadsa of things now the club wishes it had of done with hindsight but 10 days isn't a lot of time to prepare.

One serious trick they missed IMO is to combine this game with a shitty yeovil game. If you bought a ticket to gillingham when a sell out was always likely then force tickets for a yeovil game when it's back to full price. You would of had two bak to back sell ours in the club history at the Ricoh for the first time. Silly really

Nick

Administrator
As normal the truth lies somewhere in the middle most probably. I never really moan about owners although I do about the team playing shit mind you.

This ticket debacle could of been handled much better IMO as with most peoples view. I bet there are a loadsa of things now the club wishes it had of done with hindsight but 10 days isn't a lot of time to prepare.

One serious trick they missed IMO is to combine this game with a shitty yeovil game. If you bought a ticket to gillingham when a sell out was always likely then force tickets for a yeovil game when it's back to full price. You would of had two bak to back sell ours in the club history at the Ricoh for the first time. Silly really

Yep, they should have worked it in or done something like buy a shirt and get a cheaper ticket (then the ground would have looked great with all sky blue). Loads of PR and Marketing but I guess the person who does this is probably the same person who feeds the hamster in their server!

Nick

Administrator
Quote from a guy in the queue, 'Does Gary McSheffrey still play for Cov?'

Seriously?

I heard them talking about on Free Radio, there was a woman on there and it was cringeworthy because she clearly knew nothing about football or the situation but was trying to act like she did!

Kingokings204

Really annoys me when fans don't have a clue. They will be interviewed by sky and the radio before kick off and you will get comments that clearly show they haven't got a clue and suffered the same pain as the rest of us.
Cringeworthy

Noggin

I think you'd have decimated the attendance with that plan, the group of 4 would have to spend £128 instead of £40.

I don't really agree they didn't have time to prepare when was it in the sun that we were going to be back on the 5th? it was at least 3 weeks from then to the game, they should absolutely be informing their ticket staff at this point, could you buy a cheap season ticket at sixfields after it had been in the sun that we were returning? many of us still didn't believe we were coming back at that time but I'm sure some people would have taken the gamble.

theferret

Really annoys me when fans don't have a clue. They will be interviewed by sky and the radio before kick off and you will get comments that clearly show they haven't got a clue and suffered the same pain as the rest of us.
Cringeworthy

Not really. If I sent my missus to queue for a ticket because I was at work, and somebody shoved a mic in her face, she'd come out with all sorts of crap too. It's a working day, most people in that queue are probably doing favours for other people.

LJC_CCFC

Seriously?

I heard them talking about on Free Radio, there was a woman on there and it was cringeworthy because she clearly knew nothing about football or the situation but was trying to act like she did!

Yeah, if people want to pay their money to watch a game of football and say 'typical City' at the end of it, then I suppose there is no stopping them

The Lurker

I can't be bothered to argue. People are throwing their toys out because they haven't got a ticket.

See you didn't answer my question further up. RE - has this been handled professionally?

Are they? I've got a season-ticket but baffled by the way its all been handled. But when it comes to CCFC nowadays nothing surprises me. Didnt the club realise after last Friday our server couldnt handle the demand and there doing the same tomorrow! ridiclous

Noggin

I think the vast majority of us criticising on this thread have tickets, it wasn't especially difficult to buy them online friday evening as long as you didn't want more than 4.

The Lurker

Like the old days at Highfield road when Man Utd came to town and we had Wimbledon a week after lol

Kingokings204

Not really. If I sent my missus to queue for a ticket because I was at work, and somebody shoved a mic in her face, she'd come out with all sorts of crap too. It's a working day, most people in that queue are probably doing favours for other people.

Fair point ferret but it's still a bit cringy when I hear it. At least it's a nice day to queue hey.

Kingokings204

I think you'd have decimated the attendance with that plan, the group of 4 would have to spend £128 instead of £40.

I don't really agree they didn't have time to prepare when was it in the sun that we were going to be back on the 5th? it was at least 3 weeks from then to the game, they should absolutely be informing their ticket staff at this point, could you buy a cheap season ticket at sixfields after it had been in the sun that we were returning? many of us still didn't believe we were coming back at that time but I'm sure some people would have taken the gamble.

Yes I would of thought they would of had enough time also. I don't disagree but still rushed IMO.

I disagree however about the ticket offer. Yeovil is not an attractive game for many (not that gillingham is btw) and combining the two I have no doubts people would still be buying them by the queue load as demand is so high.

As the lurker says Man U and then Wimbledon was back in the day and quid for a kid and all that. If you had an offer of something like but gillingham and yeovil for £25 like a 2 for 1 as a "goodwill gesture" like they have done. People would part with £100 for 4 tickets for those two games and both sell outs im sure.

Sky Blue Dal

Bloody hell ... If you not living and working in Coventry, it is basically so difficult to get a ticket for myself and my nieces Ajax supporting husband who is hoping to go to the Ricoh for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread