Another Trust Statement (1 Viewer)

RogerH

It all fits, the media, written and radio have all been biased towards SISU

It's sad, the pathetically poor quality of journalism these days, in this case I expect it comes from mates in the pub, that's the level this thread shows.

Whatever mistakes the Council, ACL and Higgs may have made, the problems CCFC have derive from the people charged with running the club, not outside agencies, whether it be SISU or previous owners.

Would have thought a kid of 10 could figure that one out.

honestken

I admit my "journalist friend" is my boy friend, and he hates me coming on here. "Making things ten times worse," he keeps saying, but he knows what the club means to me and we both know that things that people say on here are often way off beam. Understandably, because it is hellishly complicated, but people that keep on pressing the "Sisu Out" button, while perfectly understandable are missing the point of a lot of it.

I just wish Joy Seppala would give a proper interview, rather than hide behind set written questions, issued in advance, from the Coventry Telegraph as she once did. If she was prepared to, I know that there is a lot she could say which might just make people think again, assuming they would listen and give her a fair hearing of course,
she has had enough time (over 5 years) to do that.

she is an evil witch that needs exterminating.

CCFCSteve

Inside track...you can't complain with the type of questions being raised by the trust. Many are valid and are questions a majority of supporters want answering.

My one comment is that there are too many, they should focus everyone's minds on some of the key ones as a couple of them could prove to be key in getting some resolution to this mess.

James Smith

Why hasn't ACL asked these questions through its Lawyers ? They would have to be answered !

Who's to say that they haven't and got a deafening silence in response.

Sky Blue Kid

I admit my "journalist friend" is my boy friend, and he hates me coming on here. "Making things ten times worse," he keeps saying, but he knows what the club means to me and we both know that things that people say on here are often way off beam. Understandably, because it is hellishly complicated, but people that keep on pressing the "Sisu Out" button, while perfectly understandable are missing the point of a lot of it.

I just wish Joy Seppala would give a proper interview, rather than hide behind set written questions, issued in advance, from the Coventry Telegraph as she once did. If she was prepared to, I know that there is a lot she could say which might just make people think again, assuming they would listen and give her a fair hearing of course,

How would you know, unless you either a) Know her personally. b) Are her.
Septic hides away so as not to be recognised in public. This speaks volumes of the person she is, and what she represents. Everything she touches gets poisoned in some way or other. The tenure over the last 6 years is more than enough to "Steel my resolve" against this venomous woman and her company. I sincerely hope this woman, and all who are involved with her go bankrupt.:slap:

Colin1883

I don't know if anyone has asked this before...

Why hasn't your boyfriends 'findings' been published?

henry the wasp

So you/your boyfriend have spoken to joy seppala then?
You know there is a lot she could say which will make people think again? How do you know this?

James Smith

I don't know if anyone has asked this before...

Why hasn't your boyfriends 'findings' been published?

I'd be interested to know that too. As well as what beef you have with the charity, what should be investigated and why?

Mucca Mad Boys

It all fits, the media, written and radio have all been biased towards SISU

It's sad, the pathetically poor quality of journalism these days, in this case I expect it comes from mates in the pub, that's the level this thread shows.

Whatever mistakes the Council, ACL and Higgs may have made, the problems CCFC have derive from the people charged with running the club, not outside agencies, whether it be SISU or previous owners.

Would have thought a kid of 10 could figure that one out.

There might be a reason for that.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Sorry, to complete post:

Posted by inside track:

Any faith I had in the Trust contributing to a solution to this sorry shambles was lost by this thread. The opening sentences of their initial post shows a complete failure to grasp the basics.

Paul Appleton, the administrator was appointed by the Court on CCFC's recommendation and accepted as such by ACL, who forced the administration issue in the first place. He was not appointed by Sisu, who did not seek administration until one of its businesses was threatened by such action by ACL.

Mr Appleton is in charge of the affairs of Coventry City FC Ltd, the company that is in administration, nothing more. His fees are being underwritten by Sisu, as the owners of the company in administration, as is common in such cases where recovery of the fees from the sale of assets is unlikely.

If the Trust really wants to see Coventry City Football Club back where it belongs, as we all do, ideally with owners we can believe in and genuinely trust, they should wake up and smell the coffee and start to investigate the affairs of ACL, the Higgs Charity, and the involvement of Coventry City Council and its officers. They are as culpable as Sisu in bringing this wonderful club that my Dad loved so much to its knees.

Barrack room accountancy talk won't do.

At last showing your true colours took a while

I think this is an excellent response and exactly what a Supporters Trust should doing in times like this. I very much doubt if they will get all the answers or even if SISU will allow Appleton to answer some of those questions. However, this does turn up the heat on all parties as some of the questions raised are very difficult for any guilty party to escape from. I suggest if no answer is given to the trust that ACL lawyers should follow this one up.

letsallsingtogether

Just so people are aware the Trust has been in contact with the Football League and has been promised a meeting. The date for this has yet to be sorted but we are pushing them to make it sooner rather than later - we even had colleagues from Supporters Direct talking to them at Wembley yesterday. As soon as there is anything to report we will let everyone know.

Well Done Jan..

Why are you even talking to them clowns at the FL what do they know you should just sit back and hope all is well when the season starts..
Well that is the belief of some on here

:blue:

cloughie

Sorry, to complete post:

Posted by inside track:

Any faith I had in the Trust contributing to a solution to this sorry shambles was lost by this thread. The opening sentences of their initial post shows a complete failure to grasp the basics.

Paul Appleton, the administrator was appointed by the Court on CCFC's recommendation and accepted as such by ACL, who forced the administration issue in the first place. He was not appointed by Sisu, who did not seek administration until one of its businesses was threatened by such action by ACL.

Mr Appleton is in charge of the affairs of Coventry City FC Ltd, the company that is in administration, nothing more. His fees are being underwritten by Sisu, as the owners of the company in administration, as is common in such cases where recovery of the fees from the sale of assets is unlikely.

If the Trust really wants to see Coventry City Football Club back where it belongs, as we all do, ideally with owners we can believe in and genuinely trust, they should wake up and smell the coffee and start to investigate the affairs of ACL, the Higgs Charity, and the involvement of Coventry City Council and its officers. They are as culpable as Sisu in bringing this wonderful club that my Dad loved so much to its knees.

Any very limited credibility you may have had , though it escaped me from your 1st ever post. has well and truly been shot.

barrack room actually lawyers not accountancy, I'm sure your inside journalist would have told you

If you have got nothing of fact to post don't post again..............that would be the last we hear from you should you abide by that

Still looking to find where this inside journalist ever publishes anything .............in your own mind only

quinn1971

Sorry, to complete post:

Posted by inside track:

Id give inside track a chance.As much as I want sisu gone from our club permanently id also want to know if acl and the council have been up to anything they shouldn't. Although I dont blame them as much as sisu they are far from innocent in this shambles.

Delboycov

I'd like 'her' to share 'her' first ever City game. Southampton 2007 I'm guessing.

Wouldn't be surprised with that BSB! Very intrigued with the bringing in of JS and the knowledge of information she could convey that could sway public opinion into the debate....That's what I call having the 'inside track'! I have my own theories about this poster's agenda here but I think I'll keep them to myself as I'll be accused of being paranoid once again by those apologists who are lapping up having someone who may add credence to their increasingly flawed viewpoints!

Brighton Sky Blue

Wouldn't be surprised with that BSB! Very intrigued with the bringing in of JS and the knowledge of information she could convey that could sway public opinion into the debate....That's what I call having the 'inside track'! I have my own theories about this poster's agenda here but I think I'll keep them to myself as I'll be accused of being paranoid once again by those apologists who are lapping up having someone who may add credence to their increasingly flawed viewpoints!

If my assertion is wrong I shall be the first to eat humble pie. My reckoning is 'she' was rumbled quicker than she anticipated and left to come back with more 'realistic' posts.

cloughie

Id give inside track a chance.As much as I want sisu gone from our club permanently id also want to know if acl and the council have been up to anything they shouldn't. Although I dont blame them as much as sisu they are far from innocent in this shambles.

'inside track' has had many chances yet cannot show even the slightest bit of evidence to back up any claims .

If you read his/ her other posts you will know either a wum or ..............who knows it might be

Grendel

Any very limited credibility you may have had , though it escaped me from your 1st ever post. has well and truly been shot.

barrack room actually lawyers not accountancy, I'm sure your inside journalist would have told you

If you have got nothing of fact to post don't post again..............that would be the last we hear from you should you abide by that

Still looking to find where this inside journalist ever publishes anything .............in your own mind only

Unbelievable - someone posts something you don't like and you tell them to clear off and never post again!

Did you say the same about that WUM Dark Knight or because that fitted your agenda did you "allow" that crap to be posted?

cloughie

Unbelievable - someone posts something you don't like and you tell them to clear off and never post again!

Did you say the same about that WUM Dark Knight or because that fitted your agenda did you "allow" that crap to be posted?

I said unless anything of fact but thats never been a problem for you has it inventing 'facts'

quinn1971

'inside track' has had many chances yet cannot show even the slightest bit of evidence to back up any claims .

If you read his/ her other posts you will know either a wum or ..............who knows it might be

Fair point cloughie.as you say,some evidence would help back up her claims. The whole clubs a mess though due to all parties involved.we shouldn't just focus on what sisu have done.The whole club should be investigated from top to bottom , I think there would be alot of nervous people on both sides if that happened.

Grendel

I said unless anything of fact but thats never been a problem for you has it inventing 'facts'

Can you find any facts I've invented?

Dark knight claimed to know a takeover was happening. Did you have a similar view of dark knight as you do inside track?

James Smith

Dark knight claimed to know a takeover was happening. Did you have a similar view of dark knight as you do inside track?
Well I've only ever seen you post the source of one of the claims you've posted in response to my posts. So do you ever intend to back up with evidence the following claim:

Doncaster FC recently agreed to this on their terms. Prior to this since being at the ground they have paid nothing. They decided to take the management company on - they could have continued to pay nothing.
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...ns-in-the-Head?p=413235&viewfull=1#post413235

When Doncaster Council themselves said

©Doncaster Council said:
18. It should be noted that there should be no criticism of any of the stadium users in relation to the financial position that the SMC faces. The users have almost always paid what has been agreed with them in a timely manner and it certainly not their fault that the stadium is running as a loss.

Source: https://www.doncaster.gov.uk/db/chamber/default.asp?Nav=Report&ReportID=14161

Grendel

Well I've only ever seen you post the source of one of the claims you've posted in response to my posts. So do you ever intend to back up with evidence the following claim:

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...ns-in-the-Head?p=413235&viewfull=1#post413235

When Doncaster Council themselves said

Source: https://www.doncaster.gov.uk/db/chamber/default.asp?Nav=Report&ReportID=14161

Interesting James. Today you suggested the accounts for the last financial year at Doncaster again showed the management company losing £300,000. Is that the case?

My discussion of all these council run stadiums is to illustrate from a financial fair play perspective that we have been dealt the worst hand. A fact I 100% stand by and challenge you to disprove.

Interesting that you can easily attempt to research facts to deflect some arguments yet still have not had the time to research the Swansea model.

I wonder why James.

James Smith

Interesting James. Today you suggested the accounts for the last financial year at Doncaster again showed the management company losing £300,000. Is that the case?

My discussion of all these council run stadiums is to illustrate from a financial fair play perspective that we have been dealt the worst hand. A fact I 100% stand by and challenge you to disprove.

Interesting that you can easily attempt to research facts to deflect some arguments yet still have not had the time to research the Swansea model.

I wonder why James.

So are you saying you can't back up the claim you made in that post?

And yes for the last financial year that the Stadium Management Company was being run by Doncaster Council (which is the last available figures as mentioned before) they said
©Doncaster Council said:
It can be seen from the above that despite a variety of break evens and losses in the SMC annual accounts and a variety of cost cutting measures, the SMC will continue to lose between £200k and £400k per year.
Oh and here's the source for that: https://www.doncaster.gov.uk/db/chamber/default.asp?Nav=Report&ReportID=14161

Not really that interesting that I can easily research these facts, because I've already done the research before. The Swansea Stadium Management company from the brief look I have had appears to run on the Hull model where a percentage of the profits from the stadium are supposed to have been paid back to the council. I'll have a more detailed look, once you back up your claim made in that post.

Last edited:

cloughie

If I had the time and inclination to look up Yes but lets just say dark knight estimated a take over yet you were posting on other threads about how sad it is to be dragging up threads of old

estimated rings a bell with your 'facts'

cloughie

still waiting for grendle to back up his 'facts' that James Smith has highlighted............won't hold my breath

Grendel

still waiting for grendle to back up his 'facts' that James Smith has highlighted............won't hold my breath

I do t need to. I pose one question to James. Is there any other club that has a worse deal to work under on FPP rules in a council run stadium.

True supporters like myself, inside track, the ferret, torch etc. know the answer and rightly are outraged by it.

Others such as yourself and James are not. James is very good at research (of a selective variety) so I am sure if such an example existed he would produce it.

He can't. So I leave everyone in here to conclude themselves both what the answer is and indeed what James truly is.

cloughie

True supporters like yourself ..............what a ridiculous statement to make you are now above all others and judge others as supporters or not, unbelievable,

Just about sums up your twisted mind

Grendel

True supporters like yourself ..............what a ridiculous statement to make you are now above all others and judge others as supporters or not, unbelievable,

Just about sums up your twisted mind

Are you outraged by the unfairness then?

Users who are viewing this thread