At which point do you personally switch off CCFC and to what degree? (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

I will switch CCFC off when the Ground share is announced on a long term contract.

At that point I will cut all ties which will include this bulletin board and any other feed.
I will not be listening in on the radio or buying any merchandise.

I am unsure at the moment whether I will wish then ill fortune but I don't want to be part of a club with no ambition. I don't want to be part of a club where the owners are only interested in themselves not the fans.

Noggin

I've already resigned myself to not seeing us play for a few years if nothing changes but I doubt I will switch off to the point of not checking results and reading the forums occasionally. Regarding ill will I'm in 2 minds if we move to walsall, on one hand I don't want us to get relegated and I want us to get through the few years with as little pain as possible, on the other hand I want no one to turn up to walsall for it to be a complete disaster and so sisu have to go. These 2 desires don't sit well together.

I will come back to the club when sisu are gone even if we are a conference team.

Brighton Sky Blue

I will switch CCFC off when the Ground share is announced on a long term contract.

At that point I will cut all ties which will include this bulletin board and any other feed.
I will not be listening in on the radio or buying any merchandise.

I am unsure at the moment whether I will wish then ill fortune but I don't want to be part of a club with no ambition. I don't want to be part of a club where the owners are only interested in themselves not the fans.

It's a bit harder for me as I spend most of my time too far away to go to games, but I find the whole thing more frustrating than disillusioning. We have a potentially quite large fanbase to draw from, a first class stadium and yet you wouldn't know either based on current proceedings. SISU are the overwhelming obstacle to success and to see us floundering so poorly because of their pride/incompetence/stupidity when the foundations for success are already in place is just infuriating.

chiefdave

It's a tricky question. In some ways I wish I could just flick a switch and forget all about the club, there's certainly not much fun involved in being a Coventry supporter. Problem is, for me at least, it doesn't work like that. Not being local I can't get to a huge number of home games anyway so in practical terms not playing at the Ricoh won't make a huge amount of difference to me but my interest is waning.

Last season I was quite happy to drive to as many games as I could get to. Normally the first thing I do when the fixture list comes out is plan out which games I can make it to, when I looked at it this morning I had a feeling of what's the point. I'm sure people can say that makes me not a true supporter or whatever but it does come to a point where it's just not worth it anymore, the one thing you normally have at this time of year is hope and right now we have none and there doesn't seem to be a brighter future anywhere down the line.

ccfc92

It's a bit harder for me as I spend most of my time too far away to go to games, but I find the whole thing more frustrating than disillusioning. We have a potentially quite large fanbase to draw from, a first class stadium and yet you wouldn't know either based on current proceedings. SISU are the overwhelming obstacle to success and to see us floundering so poorly because of their pride/incompetence/stupidity when the foundations for success are already in place is just infuriating.

great post :claping hands:
to expand on what you said, all CCFC is waiting for is someone to come in, and take us up and away to be successful

Brighton Sky Blue

great post :claping hands:
to expand on what you said, all CCFC is waiting for is someone to come in, and take us up and away to be successful

It's exactly that-I can't stand it when some people on here think that we should settle for our current league status or talk as though we've always had such pitiful crowds. If the team is good enough the crowds will come and that has been demonstrated on the rare occasions the team has had spells of success in the league or cups. Few of the teams in our league, and still not many in the Championship, have access to the facilities and fanbase we do. Some would have you think a successful City is impossible and we should be thanking the football gods for third tier status-not me.

ccfc92

It's exactly that-I can't stand it when some people on here think that we should settle for our current league status or talk as though we've always had such pitiful crowds. If the team is good enough the crowds will come and that has been demonstrated on the rare occasions the team has had spells of success in the league or cups. Few of the teams in our league, and still not many in the Championship, have access to the facilities and fanbase we do. Some would have you think a successful City is impossible and we should be thanking the football gods for third tier status-not me.

spot on. i agree that we should remember we are in the 3rd tier, so we have no right to be arrogant. however, we should always be looking to be a competitive team and club, and not accept mediocre performances

Brighton Sky Blue

spot on. i agree that we should remember we are in the 3rd tier, so we have no right to be arrogant. however, we should always be looking to be a competitive team and club, and not accept mediocre performances

True. I hoped that going down to the third tier would give us the chance to create a winning mentality around the club but the mediocrity has continued and for the second season running we threw away 30+ points from winning positions. The off field issues are now so overwhelming and SISU's incompetence so large that I think their removal is all we need.

ajsccfc

I'd switch off when the club ceased to exist. I don't believe the majority of people claiming 'RIP that's it for me' won't still be here making gags about the Bescot or cracking puns on the name Sisu.

AreYouSerious?

They will cease to be 'Coventry' City the minute they start playing home games outside of Coventry. We'll be a city without a football club - simple as that. Coventry Blaze are pretty good though, anyone else want to get into Ice Hockey?

Sick Boy

They will cease to be 'Coventry' City the minute they start playing home games outside of Coventry. We'll be a city without a football club - simple as that. Coventry Blaze are pretty good though, anyone else want to get into Ice Hockey?

Luckily for clubs like Brighton, their fans weren't so disloyal.

Oz Howie

Biggest difference was the Brighton supporters trusted the management and could see they were doing what was best for the club. SISU???

I could never switch off from the club even if we didn't exist because there will always be a Coventry Team of sorts (e.g Wimbledon). The Best way to show them how we feel is to have more away support than home (difficult to do I know).

Noggin

Luckily for clubs like Brighton, their fans weren't so disloyal.

Brighton had an average of 2300 while playing in Gillingham with some games around the 1k mark. This season they averaged 25k. But yeah Brighton fans are wonderful and we are shit.:rolleyes:

Brighton Sky Blue

Biggest difference was the Brighton supporters trusted the management and could see they were doing what was best for the club. SISU???

Wrong. Brighton's owners sold the Goldstone for retail development with the sole aim of taking the cash for themselves-indeed they kept this under wraps for quite a while so it only became apparent towards the end of the season what was actually going on. It took about 12 years of groundsharing and playing at the Withdean before they could move into the Amex and even then that was only through Dick Knight's extreme generosity with funding.

Noggin

Wrong. Brighton's owners sold the Goldstone for retail development with the sole aim of taking the cash for themselves-indeed they kept this under wraps for quite a while so it only became apparent towards the end of the season what was actually going on. It took about 12 years of groundsharing and playing at the Withdean before they could move into the Amex and even then that was only through Dick Knight's extreme generosity with funding.

His comment wasn't really incorrect even though everything you say is right, as while Brighton were away they were run by someone who was doing best by the club, it was the bit before that where they weren't. for 10 of the 12 years they were still in Brighton too just at an athletics stadium they had spend a couple of million on to make it suitable. It cost them 100 million to build there new stadium and they are already having to add more seats and it took them forever to get planning permission and get it built. It doesn't suggest sisu can produce in 3 years a championship quality stadium for anything like the money they talk about.

SkyBlueM

I'm not sure I could completely switch off, but if the club is moved out of the City I will not be attending any games while they are away, which after 38 years of following the club will not be pleasant. What is going on at the club is just criminal and no one seems able to show any common sense or move from their entrenched positions, it is so frustrating it makes you want to scream at all the parties involved.

Brighton Sky Blue

His comment wasn't really incorrect even though everything you say is right, as while Brighton were away they were run by someone who was doing best by the club, it was the bit before that where they weren't. for 10 of the 12 years they were still in Brighton too just at an athletics stadium they had spend a couple of million on to make it suitable. It cost them 100 million to build there new stadium and they are already having to add more seats and it took them forever to get planning permission and get it built. It doesn't suggest sisu can produce in 3 years a championship quality stadium for anything like the money they talk about.

The other big advantage they had was that the chairman is a property man himself so has a lot of expertise in that area-SISU have none.

torchomatic

I wonder how many people moan about going to Edgbaston to see "Warwickshire"?

torchomatic

So was Richardson. Usually someone else's property.

The other big advantage they had was that the chairman is a property man himself so has a lot of expertise in that area-SISU have none.

bigfatronssba

<p>
I wonder how many people moan about going to Edgbaston to see &quot;Warwickshire&quot;?

Why would they? Edgbaston is in the traditional county of Warwickshire.

torchomatic

No longer and not for a long time. My point being those that say I would go if the team were in the CV1-3 area but nowhere else are being short-sighted.

<p>

Why would they? Edgbaston is in the traditional county of Warwickshire.

bigfatronssba

<p>
No longer and not for a long time. My point being those that say I would go if the team were in the CV1-3 area but nowhere else are being short-sighted.

In cricket terms it is in Warwickshire. A better analogy would be how many would go and watch them play in Worcestershire?

Users who are viewing this thread