At which point do you personally switch off CCFC and to what degree? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

I will switch CCFC off when the Ground share is announced on a long term contract.

At that point I will cut all ties which will include this bulletin board and any other feed.
I will not be listening in on the radio or buying any merchandise.

I am unsure at the moment whether I will wish then ill fortune but I don't want to be part of a club with no ambition. I don't want to be part of a club where the owners are only interested in themselves not the fans.

Ridiculous! You'll be crying in your beer next. Grow some, support the club.
That's the ONLY way that will help it get out of it's current plight and eventually see off the hedge fund company.
Too many on here with this kind of rhetoric hold a fantasy notion.
Some of you just have to let it go.

Brighton Sky Blue

That's the ONLY way that will help it get out of it's current plight and eventually see off the hedge fund company.

Alternatively SISU could 'let it go' and get their arses back in the Ricoh.

dongonzalos

Maybe it takes more balls to make a stand

Sub

no thanks i would rather starve the barstewards out and i understand what your saying paxman but for me the line has been crossed and they have gone to far so fuck um !!

The Reverend Skyblue

On the subject of the thread originally, for me its not about a new stadium anymore, for me its all about the owners. I detest them and hate what they are doing to my club. They are clearly "proper and unfit owners" as the league should re-name it, and if they build this pathetic new stadium it will not alter the fact that they will have very few customers left who would use this new stadium. If they can't see its all about them, they clearly are even more stupid than I thought.

The supporters of Coventry City FC do not want or will support SISU continuing there ownership of this once great club, simple, its not the stadium SISU its you, and only you, this protest is about. You have lied and lied again and you have admitted you do not care about the fans who are the very lifeblood of this club. You have mismanaged this club on an industrial scale , but you always blame your ineptitude on others, never on some of the imcompetants you always seem to employ. So all in all you have made a complete and utter mess of this money deal, as that's what is is for you a money deal, and its time you return from where you came from

Your time SISU is nearly up here with us at Coventry City FC, as we the fans hold the power ,and you know it, as if we don't follow you to wherever we may go for the next 3 years and then to this new IKEA built stadium, it will fail ,and fail badly. Your name in the investment world will be so badly affected by this episode nobody in their right mind will invest with you as you know this colossal financial cock up you made will get world wide attention

Cut your losses now or you will lose everything you have "invested" (that you put as debt against club) ,and the money you will have borrowed (put as debt against the club) to buy us out of admin and too build a stadium the fans won't use ( and which will be owned by SISU not the club, which Fisher still refuses to say is incorrect). You want us to move from a stadium we currently don't own to a new stadium we still won't own, how the feck is that taking the club forward, is this all about a few pies and pints that will go into buying even more substandard players, my arse is it.

Tell us the bleeding truth, Will Coventry City Football Club own the new stadium outright ,the land the whole shebang, and will we take everything we make from F & B ,Parking etc on all games and put it into the club improving the playing squad and towards taking us forward ?

You can not or will not repair the huge damage you have done to this club, so my advice to you is , save yourselves the 30/50 million its going to cost you to fund this groundshare and stadium build, because you will never ever get it back as you have lost the majority of your customers forever. How the hell will you get your money back in an brand new stadium when you don't have any customers to even part fill one side of it !!!

They will never support your ownership of this club, now or in the future, its not anyone else's fault but yours.

Last edited:

Matty_CCFC

I will switch CCFC off when the Ground share is announced on a long term contract.

At that point I will cut all ties which will include this bulletin board and any other feed.
I will not be listening in on the radio or buying any merchandise.

I am unsure at the moment whether I will wish then ill fortune but I don't want to be part of a club with no ambition. I don't want to be part of a club where the owners are only interested in themselves not the fans.

I must agree that I do feel very similar.
I think the club is dead, ikts like a log drawn out death.
The vast majority of the supporters do not really care and due to some people being so negative I also feel like giving up. I think the support is so divided and others just seem to insult the few who want to at least try.
People like those in the Trust must also feel like walking as every time I come on here you have individuals like psgm and some guy called Craig just dragging them down.
At present I do not want to be a Coventry supporter and in a couyple of years the club will no longer exist.

mark82

I would never switch off completely. I'm finding everything pretty difficult at the moment with regards CCFC as its getting a bit like a soap opera. As indicated on another thread I would probably support another CCFC breakaway if it came about but CCFC would always be my number one team. I would probably just become more passive in my support and active with any breakaway. If and when I felt CCFC represented me again I would maybe become more active again. Not sure it's just about getting a new owner now though. The club needs to change its whole ethos and become more of a community club again.

mark82

Maybe it takes more balls to make a stand

Exactly. And it's not often I agree with you!!! It's the morality of it, and the copious amounts of debt. I don't want my little one growing up thinking it is ok. I want her to know I have a moral backbone and stand up for what I believe in, even if others disagree with me.

Evo1883

i have given up completely on Everything CCFC ,the only way i will know what is happening on pitch is through this forum or in the newspaper/TV.
I will not be interested in CCFC again until SISU are either gone or show they actually want the best for the football club which is very unlikely

Nonleagueherewecome

I wonder how many people moan about going to Edgbaston to see "Warwickshire"?

Edgbaston has been Warwickshire's ground for around 130 years. Warwickshire CCC encompasses a large amount of the West Midlands, including Birmingham, not just the County of Warwickshire. There are more Warwickshire supporters in the conurbations of Birmingham and Coventry than there are throughout the County of Warwickshire.

There is zero mileage in comparing their situation to ours!

blueflint

i will always be sky blue always look for the result first just won't be there in person until its all sorted SISU gone and were back at the ricoh.if that doesn't happen i'll stay away

skybluedan

I don't live close but still get a season ticket for when I can get home,and have done for a while but not now,I've tried to switch off with it while sisu have been cunts for a couple of years but just can't blue blood and all but I won't be going or buying anything like shirts and stuff till there gone
And as for the likes of fish ken tan and the other fucker they have all made the list and if I were ever to meet I will make them suck the shit out my arse with a straw eat that shit then shit that shit out and feed to the other .

simple_simon

i have given up completely on Everything CCFC ,the only way i will know what is happening on pitch is through this forum or in the newspaper/TV.
I will not be interested in CCFC again until SISU are either gone or show they actually want the best for the football club which is very unlikely

Craig, I feel the same. Just a pity not everyone does the same as only way to beat this scum is to starve them out.

italiahorse

Are you real ?
You will not get rid of this hedgefund by supporting them.:facepalm:

You will be left with a small club in a retail park where they cream off the money while the team just chugs along the bottom
Get a backbone. You'll be telling me your going to Walsall next :facepalm:

simple_simon

Paxman ll
It's not easy saying we will not follow our team but its the only option we have left as they must go.
If they ever did build a new stadium we will be in the same place as they will just adjust the rent to suit what they want.

Our club is almost dead.

Sterling Archer

Paxman ll
It's not easy saying we will not follow our team but its the only option we have left as they must go.
If they ever did build a new stadium we will be in the same place as they will just adjust the rent to suit what they want.

Our club is almost dead.
Get a grip lad!

Paxman II

I would love to see how many of you on here actually carry out your threat not to ever support your football club again because SISU are the owners? It's easy to say this stuff on here but when you counter that by constantly posting about your club, saying you will read the papers, listen on the radio then what exactly are you saying?

It's clear to me as a businessman that (and they have stated this many times) SISU are working in an exit strategy at some point down the road, sooner rather than later. No one is about with pot loads of money to buy a club without it's own stadium that's for sure! So they will build one that cost less to own and operate than staying at the Ricoh. Makes sense to me. Then they will have an asset to add to the football club and a buyer will then appear. Alternately ACL/Council must find a way to sell ownership of the Ricoh in some form at least (perhaps a 99 year lease) giving access to the income streams the football club require from it's home.

So either way SISU are here for a few years before we become a viable business plan attracting good bids and thereby SISU's final exit recouping some , all or even profit from their original investments.
Supporting this plan is the only way forward. There are simply no other options if you want a football club to remain.

the Council and ACL have a big part to play here with no time to spare. They also have a court that may even go against them on use of taxpayers money to loan ACL cash. Time to get friendly, water under the bridge as it were and get SISU back round the table pronto, if they still can!??

My only concern over a stadium being built is location and as Otis said before - will SISU likely keep ownership after they are gone and end up being landlords of the new owners of the football club or will they sell the stadium? I think it has to be the latter but confirmation of that from Mr Fisher (if he can give it) would go a long way to appeasement of the long term plan.

woody11462

I wish I could switch off, I really do but I just can't. I've been a city fan since I went to my first match aged 5 with my dad and have followed them since.

I live in Manchester and work most weekends so rarely get to the Ricoh so SISU don't see much of my cash anyway but no matter what sh1t we go through, I still wake up and the first thing I do is check the news pages and forum. I can't help it, it's like a decease!

Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed off with the mismanagement of our club but I don't think I could ever cut all ties. I'd have to hang on it there and hope that one day we'll be out if this sh1t storm and heading in the right direction.

Brighton Sky Blue

I would love to see how many of you on here actually carry out your threat not to ever support your football club again because SISU are the owners? It's easy to say this stuff on here but when you counter that by constantly posting about your club, saying you will read the papers, listen on the radio then what exactly are you saying?

It's clear to me as a businessman that (and they have stated this many times) SISU are working in an exit strategy at some point down the road, sooner rather than later. No one is about with pot loads of money to buy a club without it's own stadium that's for sure! So they will build one that cost less to own and operate than staying at the Ricoh. Makes sense to me. Then they will have an asset to add to the football club and a buyer will then appear. Alternately ACL/Council must find a way to sell ownership of the Ricoh in some form at least (perhaps a 99 year lease) giving access to the income streams the football club require from it's home.

So either way SISU are here for a few years before we become a viable business plan attracting good bids and thereby SISU's final exit recouping some , all or even profit from their original investments.
Supporting this plan is the only way forward. There are simply no other options if you want a football club to remain.

the Council and ACL have a big part to play here with no time to spare. They also have a court that may even go against them on use of taxpayers money to loan ACL cash. Time to get friendly, water under the bridge as it were and get SISU back round the table pronto, if they still can!??

My only concern over a stadium being built is location and as Otis said before - will SISU likely keep ownership after they are gone and end up being landlords of the new owners of the football club or will they sell the stadium? I think it has to be the latter but confirmation of that from Mr Fisher (if he can give it) would go a long way to appeasement of the long term plan.

The amount given by SISU to the CCFC group stands at over £50m and that amount is only going to increase. Who in their right mind would give them all of their investment back? Who's to say that one of the recent bidders didn't offer them a substantial portion back?

Building a new ground and covering intermittent losses from awful crowds and a likely relegation will see the debt reach near or over £100m. Who is ever going to give them that?

Last edited:

rightumpty

Having been a Sky Blue fan for over fifty years, I can never remember not wanting to give them my support, but the opportunity to save our club has been overlooked by the administrator and the Football League and I no longer feel as if it is my club any longer. SISU seem intent on destroying us - why I don't know - and while they remain in charge I can't bring myself to follow them any longer. Any resolution to the ground situation won't help as I would be feel as if I were condoning these morons to to run our club.

italiahorse

The amount given by SISU to the CCFC group stands at over £50m and that amount is only going to increase. Who in their right mind would give them all of their investment back? Who's to say that one of the recent bidders didn't offer them a substantial portion back?

Building a new ground and covering intermittent losses from awful crowds and a likely relegation will see the debt reach near or over £100m. Who is ever going to give them that?

If you buy something you only pay what it's worth. If CCFC is worth 12M but has debts of £80M then the club is worth £12M. This is where TF says we will not sell at the bottom of the cycle (Monday forum). Unfortunately I can't see his plans increasing the £12M towards £80M so I will not be part of this downward spiral. I will however support SISU at the Ricoh as I believe if they can get the stadium then the gap to £80M will reduce and that means they will sell.

sotv1987

As 20+ years as a season ticket holder, i would never give up on them, however, away games only until SISU have gone, NOT ONE PENNY MORE!!!

Sterling Archer

I no longer feel as if it is my club any longer.
Why do people come out with this nonsense? Why is it no longer your club? Is it because you can't bare to support us through what is undoubtedly a tough time in the clubs history? Support the team through thick and thin and leave the melodrama at the door.

I am yet to hear a good reason why Coventry City FC is no longer Coventry City FC.

Its STILL our club, regardless of whether you like or dislike the owners, the players, the manager, the ground or the groundsman!

torchomatic

Absolutely. SISU won't be here for ever. We - in theory - will be.

Why do people come out with this nonsense? Why is it no longer your club? Is it because you can't bare to support us through what is undoubtedly a tough time in the clubs history? Support the team through thick and thin and leave the melodrama at the door.

I am yet to hear a good reason why Coventry City FC is no longer Coventry City FC.

Its STILL our club, regardless of whether you like or dislike the owners, the players, the manager, the ground or the groundsman!

mark82

Because it doesn't any longer represent the community of Coventry in my opinion. And guess what, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You have yours and I have mine.

Now, that doesn't mean I would ever switch off completely. In fact, unless we were liquidated or moved MK Dons style, I certainly won't. But, it won't be convenient for me to attend as much as I could previously if we are outside of Coventry. For that reason I will attend games at Leamington and/or any breakaway club that is formed (and by that I mean one where I can sing stuff like pusb and not look at a team wearing red!).

chiefdave

I wish I could switch off, I really do but I just can't. I've been a city fan since I went to my first match aged 5 with my dad and have followed them since.

I live in Manchester and work most weekends so rarely get to the Ricoh so SISU don't see much of my cash anyway but no matter what sh1t we go through, I still wake up and the first thing I do is check the news pages and forum. I can't help it, it's like a decease!

Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed off with the mismanagement of our club but I don't think I could ever cut all ties. I'd have to hang on it there and hope that one day we'll be out if this sh1t storm and heading in the right direction.

feel the same, sometimes I wish I'd never set foot in Highfield Road when I was a kid. Sure my wife would agree as she has to put up with me being in a bad mood whenever we've lost or SISU / ACL / CCC have made another one of their statements. she won't even be in the same room now when the Friday phone in is on!

Users who are viewing this thread