Bands You'd Forgot About ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I was watching a programme last night and it featured bands from the 60's and 80's. And there was a group called Aztec Camera, and they sounded really good and wondered what happened to them ? Some bands just disappear and fade away, when others just keep going !
Any other groups you think to yourself : I wonder where they are ?

Ian1779

B*witched. Can imagine them all working in the pubs on Temple Bar in Dublin these days...

Gazolba

Lieutenant Pigeon. Pickettywitch. Middle of the Road, Manhattan Transfer.

Malaka

Curiosity Killed The Cat, Sham 69, Stiff Little Fingers, A Flock of Seagulls, The Farm

mrtrench

Lloyd Cole and the commotions

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

He's still going too, up to a point. I saw him a couple of years ago. He released several very good solo albums and then had kids and packed up. He did an acoustic set on tour about 5 years ago.

What about Prefab Sprout? Paddy McAloon also did some solo albums but I didn't like them. He also toured a few years back and my mate saw him. He had a big grey beard and my mate stood near the front. Near the end he asked the audience "Any requests?" My mate shouted out "Yeah, shave the beard off!"

Also saw Green from Scritti Politti and Dr. Feelgood recently on tour. We seem to get quite a few former big names playing at a pub venue down the road.

Joy Division

Talk Talk

Talk Talk were an incredible band, most people remember them from their synth-pop earlier 80's songs but when the band became more of a solo project for Mark Hollis that's when they really made great records. Hollis was fed up of trying to please the major label record bosses by writing 'hits' and released two brilliant proggy post-rock records in the late 80's Spirit of Eden and Colour of Spring, they are two amazing records I'd recommend anyone to listen to. Unfortunately nobody else did at the time and they got dropped from EMI.

Johnnythespider

Talk Talk were an incredible band, most people remember them from their synth-pop earlier 80's songs but when the band became more of a solo project for Mark Hollis that's when they really made great records. Hollis was fed up of trying to please the major label record bosses by writing 'hits' and released two brilliant proggy post-rock records in the late 80's Spirit of Eden and Colour of Spring, they are two amazing records I'd recommend anyone to listen to. Unfortunately nobody else did at the time and they got dropped from EMI.
I have them both, great albums also the last one "Laughing Stock"

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

just started listening to The The again after many years, Blue soul mining is a great album.
Looking through my vinyl collection recently I came across Soul Mining the L.P. and its in great condition. But haven't got a record player anymore to play it on. About a hundred vinyl albums and singles too tempted to sell some, Sex Pistols in there. But then again may hold on to them as my son can have them when I've popped off !

jimmyhillsfanclub

Looking through my vinyl collection recently I came across Soul Mining the L.P. and its in great condition. But haven't got a record player anymore to play it on. About a hundred vinyl albums and singles too tempted to sell some, Sex Pistols in there. But then again may hold on to them as my son can have them when I've popped off !

I was at a large record fair over the weekend & was shocked at how low some of the rare stuff was priced at.......it seems that despite the vinyl revival of recent years, the new vinyl customers are apparently not interested in first pressings, picture discs, gatefold sleeves etc......they just want to buy re-issued modern classics.

Keep your old vinyl for your lad BBR........yes, you could raise a few quid by flogging it now, but I'm sure it will one day become priceless as far as your son is concerned.

bringbackrattles

I was at a large record fair over the weekend & was shocked at how low some of the rare stuff was priced at.......it seems that despite the vinyl revival of recent years, the new vinyl customers are apparently not interested in first pressings, picture discs, gatefold sleeves etc......they just want to buy re-issued modern classics.

Keep your old vinyl for your lad BBR........yes, you could raise a few quid by flogging it now, but I'm sure it will one day become priceless as far as your son is concerned.
I decided to flog a load last year on a whim,so took them to the record stall bloke at Fargo Village.I know for a fact in the collection there are classic albums and singles,in mint condition and worth a few bob. But I caught him on a bad day I reckon as he only liked the Sex Pistols stuff,and just blanked the hard rock and pop ones.Offering me a pittance I decided sod it I'll hold on to them.I checked online and saw many of those I showed him to be worth quite a lot of money,so I'm glad as if I do keep them they may go up in price like antiques ?

Users who are viewing this thread