Bands You'd Forgot About ? (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

<snip>

Keep your old vinyl for your lad BBR........yes, you could raise a few quid by flogging it now, but I'm sure it will one day become priceless as far as your son is concerned.

The big question is, where will you buy a turntable and even more difficult is where to find a stylus. I had a devil of a time finding a replacement stylus for my turntable and that was a good few years ago now.

vow

Swing out Sister, mainly down to the fact i fancied the lead singer at the time, me being 16 in '87

vow

Men without Hats, especially Safety Dance. As mates back in the day we would use "Safety dancing" as a phrase to describe when said mate would go out with his new Girlfriend and "We can leave your friends behind"

me: Where's Mark tonight?
m8: He's safety dancing.

Pipehitterz

I decided to flog a load last year on a whim,so took them to the record stall bloke at Fargo Village.I know for a fact in the collection there are classic albums and singles,in mint condition and worth a few bob. But I caught him on a bad day I reckon as he only liked the Sex Pistols stuff,and just blanked the hard rock and pop ones.Offering me a pittance I decided sod it I'll hold on to them.I checked online and saw many of those I showed him to be worth quite a lot of money,so I'm glad as if I do keep them they may go up in price like antiques ?
i have a friend that deals in vinyl, and he says the 'valuable ' ones only go up when someone dies, reissues said album, or gets arrested etc'
he has a black sabbeth album that once sold for thousands, but will only be worth it again when ozzy pops off

its a fickle old industry, like most things old, its only old value if someone actually wants it, car boot sales produce 50p classics, so selling vinyl is not really the money spinner you'd expect

B-Ban-Boogie

One i don't like to admit but hey, we're all internet mates here..

Five Star...

My sisters played whatever album they had on repeat for about 6 months straight and i hated them!
They would rewind particular songs over and over to learn the words and it drove me mental...

Now, whenever i hear a song from them, i not only know EVERY word i also begin singing along like a crazy person.. haha..
I think i was subliminally brain washed!! :(

Gazolba

I'd forgotten about "Sparks" until I came across them on Youtube recently. They used to be HUGE in the 70's, then disappeared, but are apparently still producing music.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Is Edgar Winter the blonde guy ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
That's the one JTS. They had one decent single, Frankenstein, but later just released albums. I worked with a cousin of one of the group. He asked me if I remembered them as was really surprised when I said "Of course! How could one forget Frankenstein!" He lived in Leamington, but don't know if the band were from there.

Johnnythespider

That's the one JTS. They had one decent single, Frankenstein, but later just released albums. I worked with a cousin of one of the group. He asked me if I remembered them as was really surprised when I said "Of course! How could one forget Frankenstein!" He lived in Leamington, but don't know if the band were from there.
His brother Johnny is pretty good aswell, did a great version of Jumping Jack Flash.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

I was 16 .when I went to the Bath Festival which was a huge festival in the 70's.Top of the bill were Zeppelin, Canned Heat, and the Edgar Winter Band were on too.It was three days of music and drugs,although I was squeaky clean at that age so just listened to the great acts. I went with a load from a warehouse I worked at in Cov,Mills and Mills stationary in Trinity Street. I read that it has gone down as a classic concert and our Woodstock.No wonder I've loved rock music so much then since going there !

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Whatever happened to that super-duo, Bros? ;)

I was only taking to someone about Bros this morning.
I had just printed this picture for someone and asked which film was it from. Hell boy 2 was the reply and that's Luke Goss.
then I asked 'what Luke Goss from Bros', (an ex girlfriend was into them at the time) not realising he's an actor now.

skyblue1991

(an ex girlfriend was into them at the time)
pbLqP6H.jpg

chiefdave

Hell boy 2 was the reply and that's Luke Goss.
Just had a look at his imdb and it looks like that was a high point. Although he's pretty consistently had work.

Googled the other one, Matt, and he's playing Wembley Arena in a couple of months and has a residency at Caesars Palace in Vegas. Wasn't expecting that. His style has changed a bit to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread