Ben Sheaf (1 Viewer)

sneferu

Do we know how long he is out for?

alexccfc99

Love Sheaf but there is an argument to suggest his injury record isn't encouraging

Missed a fair chunk of the beginning of this season and correct me if I am wrong but he kept picking up niggling little injuries last season as well

Nuskyblue

Love Sheaf but there is an argument to suggest his injury record isn't encouraging

Missed a fair chunk of the beginning of this season and correct me if I am wrong but he kept picking up niggling little injuries last season as well

Seems to play a decent amount of games per season. Most of his lay offs are soft tissue injuries, maybes a workload issue that could be managed better, less training around games?

1000007321.png

larry_david

6 - 8 weeks
A blow.

I'm not for one second suggesting Kelly is the replacement but now the window is done and he's here, he has to be used tactically. For a start,he has tonstart against sheff wed in the cup replay to rest one of the other mainstays.

The irony is we took sheaf off at ht to protect him from injury against them and it happened 9 mins later in the next match.

Squad MUST be utilised

Calista

Straight in a the deep end for Victor Torp then. We need this boy to shine.
But it's very early days for him, and I bet the 'safety first' option of Lati will be uppermost in their minds if it's 4-2-3-1. Or try again to make 3 at the back work, maybe with some tweaks.

skybluecam

Or try again to make 3 at the back work, maybe with some tweaks.
week GIF

napolimp

You've got Torp, Allen, and Kelly. Rotate as required from a tactical perspective. You don't need to have any one play 90 mins. Avoid Latibeaudiere unless you want to play makeshift 3 at the back.

Nuskyblue

But it's very early days for him, and I bet the 'safety first' option of Lati will be uppermost in their minds if it's 4-2-3-1. Or try again to make 3 at the back work, maybe with some tweaks.
We'll have to see.

If it is Lati and Eccles (as a starting pair it's something we'll probably see for the next 2 League games) one of them, probably Eccles need to be given licence to break the lines and to play on the turn. We looked very one dimensional when Sheaf went off on Tuesday. We ended up with Thomas trying his driven balls into the forwards which generally go to the oppo.

Failing that O'Hare and Sakamoto need to be dropping in and receiving it from the defence, they have the technical security to start (and hopefully finish) attacking moves from deep.

alexccfc99

We'll have to see.

If it is Lati and Eccles (as a starting pair it's something we'll probably see for the next 2 League games) one of them, probably Eccles need to be given licence to break the lines and to play on the turn. We looked very one dimensional when Sheaf went off on Tuesday. We ended up with Thomas trying his driven balls into the forwards which generally go to the oppo.

Failing that O'Hare and Sakamoto need to be dropping in and receiving it from the defence, they have the technical security to start (and hopefully finish) attacking moves from deep.
I actually thought in a game where we really had our backs to the wall and probably sneaked a result we shouldn't have really got Lati was excellent in midfield against Leeds

Nuskyblue

I actually thought in a game where we really had our backs to the wall and probably sneaked a result we shouldn't have really got Lati was excellent in midfield against Leeds
That is the exception perhaps, defensively he is fine. In a game where we need to have some impetus to break down a team Lati may not be the answer.

Having Saka/O'Hare dropping in to take up the creative burdon would be necessary I think.

slowpoke

Out until the international break then, missing 9 games. Need Eccles to step up big time
Obviously I don’t know but I reckon if he was out for that many games Robins would have brought a loan in, saying that with Torp, Eccles, Kelly, Palmer Joel .L & Allen we have options and cover again let’s take each game as it comes.

PVA

A blow.

I'm not for one second suggesting Kelly is the replacement but now the window is done and he's here, he has to be used tactically. For a start,he has tonstart against sheff wed in the cup replay to rest one of the other mainstays.

The irony is we took sheaf off at ht to protect him from injury against them and it happened 9 mins later in the next match.

Squad MUST be utilised

Yeah easy with hindsight I know, but I was not at all comfortable with him playing in the cup game.

I know we wanted to win, but league takes priority and he should have been rested.

sneferu

Lati, Eccles and Torp could be a good strong midfield 3 with Kelly, Lati and Allen as back up. We are ok.

Terry_dactyl

Lati, Eccles and Torp could be a good strong midfield 3 with Kelly, Lati and Allen as back up. We are ok.
Dare I say it, if Torp continues as he has we may not miss Sheaf that much…but will definitely improve when he gets back. If that makes sense.

wingy

Well be alright whatever we have Eccles who's pretty much identical player.

Last edited:

SkyblueTexan

Need more midfield reinforcements this summer. Have to build out the squad a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread