Ben Sheaf (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Big blow, but Torp looks excellent so far - him and Eccles will be a decent partnership.

Just no more Allen at CM. Please.

Plus Kelly is still here

pusbccfc

Great_Expectations

Torp next to Eccles or Kelly will see us through. Torp has shown he has a creative and forward thinking skill set, so him next to a steady partner who will sit and do the other stuff will work.

We need to avoid two purely defensive minded players in there as it’ll stifle us.

robbiekeane

I’d really like to see Torp next to Eccles in the absence of sheaf. Eccles and Sheaf can play a similar role and do all the dirty work and mopping up while Torp has a bit more licence to create

TomRad85

We'd ask at least £15 million for Sheaf I would think

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

suffolkskyblue24

Sheaf is a quality player. For me he has adapted his game since Gus' departure - more attacking and creative. Definitely one of the best in the division and can see a great partnership with Torp in the making.

Short term it has to be Torp and Eccles. Josh can play the DM role well, arguably better than his attacking play which often goes astray.

Another injury and we are starting to struggle.

TomRad85

Stick another 10 on at least to make us think about it.

Wharton just gone for 22m…..there’s potential, sheaf already blossomed fair way.
Potential will go for more

Grendel

Big blow, but Torp looks excellent so far - him and Eccles will be a decent partnership.

Just no more Allen at CM. Please.

Eccles is nowhere near the level of Sheaf and Torp is inexperienced at this level

pusbccfc

Surprised people are valuing Sheaf as high as Hamer.

Especially when he's about to miss his 3rd month of football to injury this season

TomRad85

Absolutely.

I'm not sure he's worth £15m+ considering he's 25. He's obviously an excellent player at this level but that's a lot of money.
£15 million is absolute top end for me, no way anyone is paying more for a 25 year Championship midfielder with no Prem experience. It would hurt but I'd probably take it too, could do some serious damage with those funds added to the pot.

Mucca Mad Boys

£15 million is absolute top end for me, no way anyone is paying more for a 25 year Championship midfielder with no Prem experience. It would hurt but I'd probably take it too, could do some serious damage with those funds added to the pot.

Did we forget Hamer went for £15m as a 25 year old midfielder with no Prem experience and with 12 months left on his contract?

TomRad85

Did we forget Hamer went for £15m as a 25 year old midfielder with no Prem experience and with 12 months left on his contract?
OK so £15 million is the top end like I said and that's for one of the absolute stand out players in the division.

Mucca Mad Boys

OK so £15 million is the top end like I said and that's for one of the absolute stand out players in the division.

If Hamer had 2-3 years left on his contract m, £20-25m wouldn’t have been an unreasonable ask. Benrahma went for 20-odd million for Brentford a few years ago.

Likewise with Gyokeres, would’ve comfortably been worth another £10-15m had he had longer on his contract.

TomRad85

If Hamer had 2-3 years left on his contract m, £20-25m wouldn’t have been an unreasonable ask. Benrahma went for 20-odd million for Brentford a few years ago.

Likewise with Gyokeres, would’ve comfortably been worth another £10-15m had he had longer on his contract.
Tell you what if we get more than £15 million for Sheaf you can come back and say I told you so if that's what you're after? I don't see it but I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

skyblue025

Sheaf was the stand out defensive midfield player in the league. His interceptions, tackles and passing were all in the top 5 for the league, the only player to be in all 3.

TomRad85

Sigh, now I find myself arguing against Ben Sheaf, who I think is an excellent player because I think he's 'only' worth £15 million. If you guys think he'd attract more interest than Wharton then crack on I guess. As I say, I hope you're right, but I suspect I am.

Mucca Mad Boys

Tell you what if we get more than £15 million for Sheaf you can come back and say I told you so if that's what you're after? I don't see it but I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

Given the values people said they’d ‘take’ for Gyokeres and Hamer this time last year and compare it to what we’d actually ended getting up with… You’d be surprised what some teams are willing pay.

I’m not going to keep the receipts on this one. We’ll get what we get if we ever decided to move Sheaf on.

Users who are viewing this thread