Ben Sheaf (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

Given the values people said they’d ‘take’ for Gyokeres and Hamer this time last year and compare it to what we’d actually ended getting up with… You’d be surprised what some teams are willing pay.

I’m not going to keep the receipts on this one. We’ll get what we get if we ever decided to move Sheaf on.
Fair enough

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Cally Fedora

Sheaf and Hamer are different styles of midfielder. For me, Sheaf is a better player or is more important to the team. £8m is a nonsense bid and he is worth 15-20m easily in todays market. The amount of attacks he breaks up, second balls he wins and link play is consistently immense. And he gets a few goals.

Legia Sky Blue

Sigh, now I find myself arguing against Ben Sheaf, who I think is an excellent player because I think he's 'only' worth £15 million. If you guys think he'd attract more interest than Wharton then crack on I guess. As I say, I hope you're right, but I suspect I am.

The reason Wharton went for more than we could get for Sheaf wasn't because he is 'currently' better, but purely because of his potential. Was the same reason Alex Scott cost a lot more last Summer than we received for Hamer, even though Hamer was a much more effective Championship player at that moment in time.

pusbccfc

Sheaf and Hamer are different styles of midfielder. For me, Sheaf is a better player or is more important to the team. £8m is a nonsense bid and he is worth 15-20m easily in todays market. The amount of attacks he breaks up, second balls he wins and link play is consistently immense. And he gets a few goals.

I think we are getting a bit carried away with the current market because of what we've paid for Haji, Ellis and Kitching.

shmmeee

£15 million is absolute top end for me, no way anyone is paying more for a 25 year Championship midfielder with no Prem experience. It would hurt but I'd probably take it too, could do some serious damage with those funds added to the pot.

Played 1min in the Europa League m8

Hobo

Given the values people said they’d ‘take’ for Gyokeres and Hamer this time last year and compare it to what we’d actually ended getting up with… You’d be surprised what some teams are willing pay.

I’m not going to keep the receipts on this one. We’ll get what we get if we ever decided to move Sheaf on.

Premiere League Clubs spending was down £715 million this January window compared to last season. It is not a given it will be any different in the summer?

Mucca Mad Boys

Premiere League Clubs spending was down £715 million this January window compared to last season. It is not a given it will be any different in the summer?

Too early to say. FFP aside, another reason given for reduced Jan activity is that clubs have generally recruited their top targets in the summer window.

slowpoke

It’s a big drop though I think prem clubs spent £96.2 million million and nearly a quarter of that was on Blackburns Adam Wharton, ffp is having an affect seems more for the PL than EFL, a number of PL clubs with possible points deductions around their necks.
Can’t see that changing much in the summer.
That might be why Robins and Doug kept the purse strings shut this time around.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If he’s reluctant to make changes it’s because we have a small squad.
Maybe, but if I knew my players were playing a lot of minutes I'd make the changes even if I wasn't totally happy about it because it's better to have a lower quality player on for 20-30 miutes than having to have them play half a dozen games or more because the better player got injured.

hamertime

Lati, Eccles and Torp could be a good strong midfield 3 with Kelly, Lati and Allen as back up. We are ok.
From what I’ve seen of Lati in midfield he doesn’t cut it. I’m not sure what his best position is.

The reality is the squad and Robins have really done well and overachieved so far this season. As soon as we loose a key player or 2 we will struggle. We are where we are just need to get behind them.

Hobo

From what I’ve seen of Lati in midfield he doesn’t cut it. I’m not sure what his best position is.

The reality is the squad and Robins have really done well and overachieved so far this season. As soon as we loose a key player or 2 we will struggle. We are where we are just need to get behind them.

"As soon as we lose a key player or 2 we will struggle" is probably true of every team bar Leicester, Southampton and Leeds? Yes it would impact on some teams more than others.

I think even with the bedding in of new players this season, we over achieve more last season considering the injuries we had?

skybluecam

Lati can do a job in midfield and right/centre back. Always good to have a utility player like that.

rob9872

Sometimes you almost need to be out of the team to show just how important you are. A big drop off in that area without Sheaf and can't wait for his return.

stupot07

I think everyone will now agree, Sheaf is our best player and the heart beat of our side.

Even when playing under par he is far superior to Eccles and Lati, both on and off the ball.

There's no coincidence that our performances and tempo have dropped off considerable once he got injured. Torp is a fabulous player, but he doesn't do what Sheaf does. They will make a great partnership.

He'll be a huge loss if he goes in the summer

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

I think everyone will now agree, Sheaf is our best player and the heart beat of our side.

Even when playing under par he is far superior to Eccles and Lati, both on and off the ball.

There's no coincidence that our performances and tempo have dropped off considerable once he got injured. Torp is a fabulous player, but he doesn't do what Sheaf does. They will make a great partnership.

Doubt it barring a ridiculous offer or Gyokeres failing to leave

Brighton Sky Blue

I do wonder if our ambitions match his. I would have thought he will want to try his luck in the Premier League and he must be starting to doubt that it will happen here.
Wouldn’t blame him, but contract situation is in our favour for now.

PVA

There will be a lot of interest in the summer I'm sure.

He could easily do a job in the Premier League and I'd imagine he will soon decide it's time to move on.

Hertsccfc

There will be a lot of interest in the summer I'm sure.

He could easily do a job in the Premier League and I'd imagine he will soon decide it's time to move on.
I think he’s a really good player but his lack of pace would be an issue in the Premier but I wouldn't be surprised if he thought he was up to it.

PVA

I think he’s a really good player but his lack of pace would be an issue in the Premier but I wouldn't be surprised if he thought he was up to it.

I just look at how Adam Wharton has slotted straight into the Palace side and Sheaf is better than him (I know they've bought Wharton for potential).

slowpoke

Both Sheaf and Torp are our main men in midfield and it’s a bloody shame they have hardly played together.imo opinion we need couple of big tough guy additions in the departments

rob9872

Both Sheaf and Torp are our main men in midfield and it’s a bloody shame they have hardly played together.imo opinion we need couple of big tough guy additions in the departments
Not played together at all have they?

HadjiChippo

Absolutely imperative we keep Sheaf in the summer if we’re to push on next season. Our most important player in the most important role in our favoured system.

it does worry me there was Prem interest in January though, he’s clearly at that level when he’s free of injury. You can see instantly that he came through at an Elite academy.

Edit: if he is to leave though we should be asking for £20+ million(maybe more to a desperate Prem team) 26 year old class midfielder coming into his prime years and with years left on his contract.

Users who are viewing this thread