Ben Wilson (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Burge is a far better goalkeeper and he'd have greater confidence if he was playing tbh

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Issue is; the above still stands.

Wilson can be as horrific as he likes, but if Moore has less than zero confidence there’s no guarantee he’ll be any better, and in fact could make the players even more nervous.

There is no easy answer.

Personally, I would put Moore back in and hope he makes a good (or even standard!) early save to settle the nerves and pray his confidence grows. If he’s the keeper we had before he was injured/ill last year, he’s a solid championship player.

We know Moores level is higher than Wilson’s.

What will get Moore back up to par is game time and clean sheets.

wingy

How many games was Moore dropped for at the end of last season found it a bit odd that it kind of came off the back of an excellent performance at Fulham?

ccfctommy

At least Burge has played regularly throughout his career - Wilson has spent most of his career as a reserve in League 2 before us.

So what?

What is the recent obsession in Wilson's prior career?

A lot of keepers end up number 2. I think in his fifty plus games, Wilson has had more good than bad (save Vs Stoke two years ago, penalty save Vs West Brom last year are his highlights) . But I wouldn't mind Moore back in next game.

Sick Boy

So what?

What is the recent obsession in Wilson's prior career?

A lot of keepers end up number 2. I think in his fifty plus games, Wilson has had more good than bad (save Vs Stoke two years ago, penalty save Vs West Brom last year are his highlights) . But I wouldn't mind Moore back in next game.
His prior lack of appearances in League 2 is an indication that he isn't good enough for us in the Championship.
The endless defence of players who just aren't good enough shows just how engrained a lower league mindset is amongst the fanbase.
He is up there with the worst goalkeepers that I've seen play for us.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

When Wilson is consistently terrible for us as a regular starter over 5 years we can have this conversation.

Burge still gives me nightmares. Remember that pass out to Allen when he played for Burton. It was fucking toxic with him.
Also remember Burge making excellent saves in the Notts County second leg, big performance in the Checkatrade final. I don't think Wilson is capable of that level of performance

Liquid Gold

Also remember Burge making excellent saves in the Notts County second leg, big performance in the Checkatrade final. I don't think Wilson is capable of that level of performance

I think Moore is and that’s where that debate should end.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

When Wilson is consistently terrible for us as a regular starter over 5 years we can have this conversation.

Burge still gives me nightmares. Remember that pass out to Allen when he played for Burton. It was fucking toxic with him.

Really odd way of defining the ability of a player. Do I have to wait another 46 games before declaring Gyokeres is better than Biamou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If you took away the goals we've absolutely gifted, we'd be approaching the playoff positions with games in hand
Maybe, but I'm sure other teams have gifted others goals and would argue without that they'd be near the top.

In fact if we hadn't missed so many good chances or gifted so many goals we'd be running away with the league. But we did. So we're not.

Fergusons_Beard

Fair play to Wilson.

Played bloody well tonight.

Distribution not as shit as normal.
Quick of his line and claimed crosses.

Stood up when we needed him too-just as he was supposed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Liquid Gold

The improvement tonight was not coming for a ball and then stopping back. If he went then he committed which is what he should do.

I don’t want to praise for it really though because it’s basics.

skyblu3sk

Fucking he'll I can't believe people would prefer Burge?!? I'd rather eat gravel... he couldn't set a defence and simply wasn't that good.

fatso

Say what you like about Wilson, he looked great tonight, commanded in the absence of Fadz, and was tack sharp when called upon.

covboy9

You could see a lot of oggy in burge as was obvious in Kirkland, burge’s problem was between his ears he had the talent but he just wasn’t brave enough

covboy9

Good keepers are bloody hard to find

Wilson is shite but how shite I’m not sure

I see keepers hyped but watch them play and they are shite, dieng at qpr springs to mind

the talent pool is very very small we were spoilt for decades at cov , cov always had a brilliant keeper(mainly oggy)

higgs

Praising someone for doing his job he's paid to keep clean sheets

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

PVA

Did fine tonight but wasn't really tested to be fair.

Moore isn't getting in the team anytime soon, Wilson deserves the shirt

rexo87

Much more decisive tonight. Interesting comments from Robins about how he had a difficult day on Saturday and Aled Williams did a lot of work with him on Monday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rob9872

It wasn't the saves for me but the twice he slid out and collected at the feet were what impressed me most, really liked both, one in each half. Can't knock his time wasting when ahead too.

rob9872

8 clean sheets in 10, top shithousery, 5 away clean sheets on the bounce, highest save % in the Championship

Super Ben Wilson in goal!!

fatso

Yet another club record broken today for 5 consecutive away clean sheets, amazing achievement by the whole squad, and kudos to Wilson.

I wonder if Gareth Southgate has noticed his achievements 😉

Users who are viewing this thread