Best restaurant (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Anyone eaten at the Horse and Jockey on the Tamworth Road ?

Si80

Where's good for a roast dinner these days?

Went to the old Tollgate on Sunday after a few years and couldn't spot or taste a speck of seasoning!

Farmers Fayre at the NAC Stoneleigh is a favourite of ours. Or for a bit of a plusher surrounding The Forest Hotel in Dorridge does a great roast.

JAM See

Anyone eaten at the Horse and Jockey on the Tamworth Road ?
Yep. Nice, but the portions were a bit on the small side.

Went to the Parkgate last Sunday, it's only eight quid, but it's a decent eight quid's worth of grub.

*Just re-read the thread title, I'm talking about a cheap and cheerful Sunday lunch, NOT the best restaurant in the surrounding area.

AOM

Went to Anatolia the Turkish place on Earlsdon Street for the second time the other day. Absolutely gorgeous kebabs and deserts.

I'm usually already killed off from the complimentary starters! Really nice there, think Antalya in Ball Hill might be the same owner?

clint van damme

I'm usually already killed off from the complimentary starters! Really nice there, think Antalya in Ball Hill might be the same owner?

I'm not sure it's, though I could be wrong.
I've heard thees a Turkish restaurant (a restaurant as opposed to a Turkish grill, different apparently, which was news to me), opening on Earlsdon High St in the old CBS premises, and its the people who own Antalya.

Reactions: AOM

AOM

I've heard thees a Turkish restaurant (a restaurant as opposed to a Turkish grill, different apparently, which was news to me), opening on Earlsdon High St in the old CBS premises, and its the people who own Antalya.
Ah nice, will have to keep an eye out for that.
Heard good things about the pizza restaurant on the same high street too, but think it's more of a takeaway

RedSalmon

Off to the Gourmet Food Kitchen at Fargo Village tonight.

Heard so many good things about it, looking forward to it.

rob9872

We're going to El Gaucho, heard good things too, but a bit of a trek ... in Gran Canaria :)

LastGarrison

I’m going to throw a recommendation out for the Old Lion in Harborough Magna.

Especially Thursday nights when a pie and a pint is only £15 or two steaks and a bottle of wine starts at £20.

Makes it sound cheap and cheerful but the food is excellent.

PVA

I’m going to throw a recommendation out for the Old Lion in Harborough Magna.

Especially Thursday nights when a pie and a pint is only £15 or two steaks and a bottle of wine starts at £20.

Makes it sound cheap and cheerful but the food is excellent.

My parents live near there, said it used to be great but has gone down hill and is always empty these days. Not sure when they last went though tbf.

LastGarrison

My parents live near there, said it used to be great but has gone down hill and is always empty these days. Not sure when they last went though tbf.
Interesting.

I’ve been a couple of times over the last few months and has always been busy and like I say the food has been excellent.

Great_Expectations

Going to a gig at Warwick Arts Centre tonight and planning to have food somewhere not too far away beforehand.

Any recommendations nearby or in Coventry itself?

I asked my partner what particular style/cuisines she wanted and this morning her criteria has changed to ‘anywhere with a nice Chicken Caesar Salad’.

Any recommendations for near WAC/in Cov?

Grendel

Going to a gig at Warwick Arts Centre tonight and planning to have food somewhere not too far away beforehand.

Any recommendations nearby or in Coventry itself?

I asked my partner what particular style/cuisines she wanted and this morning her criteria has changed to ‘anywhere with a nice Chicken Caesar Salad’.

Any recommendations for near WAC/in Cov?

The Smokehouse would be the obvious as its 5 minutes away but I doubt there is much salad happening there

The problem you will have is I think the road from Burton Green into Kenilworth is down for HS2 stuff or there would be choices there. No idea what the Bear in Berkeswell is like?

Great_Expectations

Thanks Both.

I’m heading from dropping the kids at the Grandparents so through Coventry, so I think I’ll just park in town and let her choose somewhere - safest bet! Then get to WAC for a drink or two beforehand - likely at Benugo!

Kneeza

I was born there, in the dim and distant past when the maternity hospital was still going.
Haven't been in the pub for donkey's years. I was a proper drinker then though, so memories are hazy...

SBAndy

Far from best restaurant, but has anyone tried the bottomless brunch at Spire Bar? Any good?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Was in Selminas last night in soon street , really nice then popped into the Irish bar that was the Shakespeare pretty decent as well

Reactions: vow

Sky_Blue_Daz

Anyone eaten at the Quicken Tree, we are out with some friends tomorrow night and are going there?

olderskyblue

Anyone eaten at the Quicken Tree, we are out with some friends tomorrow night and are going there?
Had burgers in there on their classic car night. very nice

Bad Boy

Very difficult to recommend eating establishments, you can only say it how you've experienced it yourself. Bit meat and poison really.

Bertola

Went to Selmina's on Friday night before going to the Belgrade. Was superb. Cocktails were banging and food even better.

Booked for 5:30, and was expecting it to be fairly quiet, but it was rammed. Good to see

LastGarrison

Bosphorus it's called and I went with 3 mates went the other week.

All of us were starving so ordered the platter for 5 instead of 4 and didn't get close to finishing it and one of the lads took the rest home for his Missus and kids.

Reallu tasty and cooked to perfection and the staff were excellent. We were seated upstairs which is really nicely decorated (loads of "Instagramable" swings and stuff) but have to say downstairs did seem to have a bit of a canteen feel.

It's take your own beer and the staff all have bottle openers which also helps!

clint van damme

Bosphorus it's called and I went with 3 mates went the other week.

All of us were starving so ordered the platter for 5 instead of 4 and didn't get close to finishing it and one of the lads took the rest home for his Missus and kids.

Reallu tasty and cooked to perfection and the staff were excellent. We were seated upstairs which is really nicely decorated (loads of "Instagramable" swings and stuff) but have to say downstairs did seem to have a bit of a canteen feel.

It's take your own beer and the staff all have bottle openers which also helps!

Yeah, I've been sinceI posted that post and enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread